Coronavirus - Part Two.

Looks like we’re already being warmed up for another lockdown before we’ve even opened up.

Something not stacking up at the moment.

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Looks like we’re already being warmed up for another lockdown before we’ve even opened up.

Something not stacking up at the moment.

Links/evidence?

Cheers - can't see the North of England mentioned in there, though.

The article has so many ifs,buts and maybes.

There's more good news today cases down and test positivity down 30% from an already low percentage

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

The article has so many ifs,buts and maybes.

There's more good news today cases down and test positivity down 30% from an already low percentage

👍

37 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Cheers - can't see the North of England mentioned in there, though.

No but whatever happens elsewhere will ultimately happen here.

it makes no sense to me.

that said - we live in an age where potential policy is just voiced by “experts” to the media - the government is oddly quiet about it though. 

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

No but whatever happens elsewhere will ultimately happen here.

it makes no sense to me.

that said - we live in an age where potential policy is just voiced by “experts” to the media - the government is oddly quiet about it though. 

Bolded bit - exactly, and just how 'expert are these 'experts', and how much of the reports are journalistic interpretation? I take such 'news' with a large pinch of salt, especially that from your quoted 'source'.

54 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Bolded bit - exactly, and just how 'expert are these 'experts', and how much of the reports are journalistic interpretation? I take such 'news' with a large pinch of salt, especially that from your quoted 'source'.

This is spot on - Too often the "experts" in the press aren't named until wayyy down the article and they aren't that much of an expert. Sometimes they aren't named at all.

19 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

There has been a documented case in France from that time. They tested a bloke, didn't test for anything they knew, stuck it on a shelf and tested it the summer and it tested positive for covid. I'll find the link.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52526554

Thank you for that  , very interesting 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RollingJ said:

My worry is that the pinch of salt is not always taken by people in power - on the basis that it can come back to bite them.

the media pounces on the “experts” and it becomes the news - which creates pressure on the people in power.

so when I say we’re being warmed up for it / I’d expect it.

it’s weird that every time there is a relaxation of restrictions there is suddenly another reason to be immediately concerned.

said it before - I think we’re absolutely goosed by this - there’s no political way out - hence there is no way out.

Edited by makapaka

Understand your concerns now - in other words you are saying those in power are taking misleading soundbites to formulate policy - sounds about right to me. :sad: