Coronavirus - Part Two.

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Don't have any jab then.  I don't really think the rest of us are that bothered.  Of course, even though I might be fully vaccinated in a month or so, I could still catch Covid but the chances of me getting seriously ill are greatly diminished but you could still find yourself stood next to me in a shop, so it's you that's at risk. 

Feel free to purchase one of the fake Covid certificates that you'll eventually need from the dark web, (while handing over all your details to the mysterious bods at the other end of the keyboard & your cash.  You might get lucky & get a certificate, then again, you might see your bank account emptied before your eyes?), in order to function in the UK come about August. 

Remember, a fake Covid certificate or one of those 'I'm exempt from wearing a face mask' fake lanyards bought off the internet, don't offer the same protection as a jab. 

Think on! 

If a significant number of people are not vaccinated that does potentially affect others that are vaccinated as it increases the risk of vaccine resistant variants. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, fools said:

Baron,

Nuance is difficult to comprehend sometimes isn't it. Amusing fantasy pigeonholing, you left out Gates, chips, and foil though.

Won't be needing a lanyard or a certificate .. for what it's worth, on aerosol spread and surgical masks in public buildings, I was ahead of the WHO, NHS, and the Westminster buffoons by months, there were posts on it a year ago, long since vanished into an overnight mod dustbin.

As we are on the cusp of potentially becoming profiled, tracked and identified in every street, every establishment we care to visit, that is far more worrying prospect than a future dodging something with a <3% hit rate. People who blindly follow "The Man", are idiots. Once your face is tracked, freedom is dead forever.

Thanks for your service.  I'll have a jab at some point, when you lot have tested it properly, not before. I'm perfectly capable of managing the risk in the meantime.

My bold. 

Of course you were. 

Of course you will. 

So at some stage, you'll join us 'idiots' then by blindly following 'The Man'?  Thought that term died out in he 1960's along with 'Fry's 5 Centre' chocolate bars?

Pathetic but I suppose this is the level to which we have to sink to, to counter those who get their information from dodgy news feeds & echo chambers. However the ramblings of the misinformed always amuse me, they confirm how far up I've managed to climb life's intelligence ladder.  Thanks! It's early on a Thursday & already you've made me feel great about myself. 

The internet has a lot to answer for, doesn't it? 

Edited by Baron99

Posted (edited)

A deadly virus for a small proportion of the population - combined with initial panic and then a complicated mixture of under and over reaction by a confused public and useless government - has in the space of 12 months - completely and irreversibly done for us.

I fully expect things to get much worse from here.

Edited by Fictional Pulp

2 minutes ago, Fictional Pulp said:

A deadly virus for a small proportion of the population - combined with initial panic and then a complicated mixture of under and over reaction by a confused public and useless government - has in the space of 12 months - completely and irreversibly done for us.

I fully expect things to get much worse from here.

Given the number of hospital admissions for this virus, I wouldn't call it a 'small proportion of the population'.

11 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Given the number of hospital admissions for this virus, I wouldn't call it a 'small proportion of the population'.

Deadly for a small population.

It can obviously make lots of people ill.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Deadly for a small population.

It can obviously make lots of people ill.

OK - point accepted. BUT untreated, probably deadly for a larger proportion.

Posted (edited)

It's good to see the media (newspaper headlines) are all united in encouraging people to still get a covid-19 vaccine.

Edited by West 77

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

It's good to see the media (newspaper headlines) are all united in encouraging people to still get a covid-19 vaccine.

That’s essential to continue the roll out.

I’d expect the AZ vaccine to

fade slowly into the background as newer vaccines are approved. It’s going to be a hard sell to get people to take it now.

Hopefully, other vaccines won’t hit the same sort of problems as the ones that have dogged the AZ.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

That’s essential to continue the roll out.

I’d expect the AZ vaccine to

fade slowly into the background as newer vaccines are approved. It’s going to be a hard sell to get people to take it now.

Hopefully, other vaccines won’t hit the same sort of problems as the ones that have dogged the AZ.

It's not a hard sell for me to take the second AZ in June which is my appointment date.  The main  problems for AZ have been created by irresponsible foreign politicians such as Macron.  The decision to offer the under 30's an alternative vaccine is based on statistical unproven risk.  At the moment covid-19 infection rates are low in the UK and that together with evidence that the under 30's are unlikely to die with covid-19 means any possible unproven risk is almost the same to individuals under 30 not being vaccinated.  An increase in covid-19 infections in the UK would make the benefit of having  the AZ far greater than not being vaccinated for the under 30's.   All people are more at risk during a long car journey than any unproven risk associated with taking any covid-19 vaccine.  People who take long car journeys are not going to stop taking long car journeys and likewise people shouldn't refuse the AZ vaccine if offered to them.

Some now see getting the jab & getting a blood clot as akin to playing Russian roulette.  Well that would be like putting a single bullet in an enormous gun with a multi-million barrel & giving it a spin. 

If they wanted to increase potential hesitancy in AZ vaccine take up yesterday was the way to do it.

live television conference with various whys and wherefores put to an already confused populate.

Why didn’t they just release a simple statement with the key facts.

I have just seen a photo on the BBC of the Sun newspaper headline and it reads...

"0.000095% chance of a killer clot after the AZ vaccine"

Being the media I am not sure how accurate it is though.