Coronavirus - Part Two.

8 hours ago, gluedtopc said:

Thanks. The letter arrived yesterday and it’s now booked for Saturday at the arena. Knew Borris wouldn’t let us down !!  Thanks for everyone’s replies. 

Glad your wife is sorted Glued.

Good to see they have started on the 65+ in Sheffield.

Anybody has any form of reaction should report their symptoms through the Yellow Card system.

MHRA(UK Gov)report  Coronavirus Vaccine - summary of Yellow Card reporting Data included: 09/12/2020 to 24/01/2021

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was evaluated in clinical trials involving more than 44,000 participants. The most frequent adverse reactions in these trials were pain at the injection site, fatigue, headache, myalgia (muscle pains), chills, arthralgia (joint pains), and fever; these were each reported in more than 1 in 10 people. These reactions were usually mild or moderate in intensity and resolved within a few days after vaccination. Adverse reactions were reported less frequently in older adults (65 years and older) than in younger people.

The Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine was evaluated in clinical trials involving more than 23,000 participants. The most frequently reported adverse reactions in these trials were injectionsite tenderness, injection-site pain, headache, fatigue, myalgia, malaise, pyrexia (fever), chills, and arthralgia, and nausea; these were each reported in more than 1 in 10 people. The majority of adverse reactions were mild to moderate in severity and usually resolved within a few days after vaccination. Adverse reactions were generally milder and reported less frequently in older adults (65 years and older) than in younger people.

52 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Good to see they have started on the 65+ in Sheffield.

Anybody has any form of reaction should report their symptoms through the Yellow Card system.

Is that why officially, reports of side effects are only 10%, because no one reports it?

45 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Is that why officially, reports of side effects are only 10%, because no one reports it?

There is no conspiracy here. 

The effects of "jabbing" people in the arm is well known. The 'drama'  of  school vaccinations is well documented. 

The Yellow Card system is helps counteract hearsay, but more importantly creates a database for future reference

24 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

There is no conspiracy here. 

The effects of "jabbing" people in the arm is well known. The 'drama'  of  school vaccinations is well documented. 

The Yellow Card system is helps counteract hearsay, but more importantly creates a database for future reference

Its better if people think that there is a low chance of side effects, because of the placebo effect.

In a clinical trial of 60 patients, led by researchers at Imperial College London and clinicians at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, 90 per cent of symptoms experienced by patients whilst taking statins were all present when they took placebo pills.

I was told 10% from the Oxford vaccine, I believe its much more.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Maybe its only 10% because only 10% have hade side effects! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Perhaps, a bit like the flu vaccine, we might expect to have some mild effects not worth reporting. I remember my kids being a bit off colour and fractious after vaccinations. I’m having mine in the morning and would only report anything other than mild illness 

Edited by catmiss
Addition

On 08/02/2021 at 23:14, El Cid said:

It was actually a friend that read it, I Googled, cannot find anything.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Its better if people think that there is a low chance of side effects, because of the placebo effect.

I was told 10% from the Oxford vaccine, I believe its much more.

On 08/02/2021 at 21:40, El Cid said:

I have read that the worse your reaction, means that you already have anti-bodies and it fights the vaccine, meaning that you have already had COVID. How bad that reaction would be, I dont know, if true.

Right, are there any sources yet?

The UK population has taken the vaccination business very seriously, most have made decisions based on information provided by a variety of sources.

Most are concerned by the possibility of side effects and would want to know more.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

8 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Most are concerned by the possibility of side effects and would want to know more.

No. I believe that "most" of the population are happy that there are vaccines and are looking forward to getting one.

Edited by enntee

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Chills 51%, aches 60%, joint pain 30%, headache 68%, fever 18%, fatigue 70%

https://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/covid-19-vaccines

The source is The Vaccine Knowledge Project whose aim "...(is) to be a source of independent information about vaccines and infectious diseases." Produced by managed by the Oxford Vaccine Group.

To put your numbers into context, 90% of the sample was under 65 with the over 65s reporting  less frequent and milder reactions.

Your quote is preceded in the same paragraph by:

" Expected side effects

Because vaccines work by triggering your immune system to produce a reaction, you can however have side effects after you receive the vaccine that feel similar to having a real infection.  Things like having a fever, or feeling achey, or getting a headache (often described as “flu-like” symptoms) are common after receiving many vaccines and this is the same for the approved COVID-19 vaccines.  Having these symptoms means that your immune system is working as it should be.  Usually, these symptoms last a much shorter time than a real infection would (most are gone within the first 1-2 days).

The common side effects associated with the currently approved vaccines are below. These symptoms generally last 1-2 days following vaccination".  

The figures for the Pfizer jab are different.

It is very important that we refer to the full report (28 January 2021) which adds more detail.

"The majority of adverse reactions were mild to moderate in severity and usually resolved within a few days of vaccination. By day 7 the incidence of subjects with at least one local or systemic reaction was 4% and 13% respectively. When compared with the first dose, adverse reactions reported after the second dose were milder and reported less frequently.

Adverse reactions were generally milder and reported less frequently in older adults (≥65 years old)."

Now more of us can be assured that the jab is the new normal as are the aches and pains and as "enntee" says "... that  "most" of the population are happy that there are vaccines and are looking forward to getting one."

2 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The source is The Vaccine Knowledge Project whose aim "...(is) to be a source of independent information about vaccines and infectious diseases." Produced by managed by the Oxford Vaccine Group.

To put your numbers into context, 90% of the sample was under 65 with the over 65s reporting  less frequent and milder reactions.

It is quite posible that the elderly are less likely to have side effects. My work  colleague and some of her friends had unpleasant side effects, none of them were elderly.