Coronavirus - Part Two.

Scenes of large queues at Heathrow airport have emerged for a second day, sparking concerns over the lack of social distancing.

AeoEFwpG?format=jpg&name=900x900

ITV News on Twitter: "Scenes of large queues at Heathrow airport have emerged for a second day, sparking concerns over the lack of social distancing. https://t.co/LBV2XxqLk4" / Twitter

I thought one of the key reasons for Brexit was to control our borders. Seems that the Government are unable to even get that right :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

That's ridiculous surely? Two of my relatives in their 80's (in Stoke) have had their Pfizer jabs, both the first & the second ones.

It is, but I believe the old people in care homes have not been done yet. But the Government are not releasing information.

The tactics of our mini-Trump!

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

My 93 yr old relative hasnt had his vaccination yet. The doctors practice told him they dont have enough supply. I am hoping that is just an excuse, although they should really be honest.

Its a nurse that will be coming to his house, so that could mean things take longer.

You may be interested to hear a Sheffield GP quoted in the current issue of the Sheffield Telegraph (dated Thursday Jan 21) - page 9 (my bolds):

"Most of the over 80's in the city have now had their first vaccine and I know that we have done all the care home residents and staff........... it is now a case of mopping up the rest of the over 80's, then moving on to the over 75's, and then the over 70's."

Great news if all in care homes have been vaccinated!  Is this the case?

Presumably he means mopping up all those who wish to be  vaccinated.

He then goes on to say

"Between October and December, GP surgeries in Sheffield vaccinated 80 per cent of the over 60's with the flu vaccine"

I suspect a typo here - presumably he means over 80's.

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

"Most of the over 80's in the city have now had their first vaccine and I know that we have done all the care home residents and staff........... it is now a case of mopping up the rest of the over 80's, then moving on to the over 75's, and then the over 70's."

Each GPs surgery and local authority will be different. I live in the Leeds area, cities will be easier to vaccinate.

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Each GPs surgery and local authority will be different. I live in the Leeds area, cities will be easier to vaccinate.

OK - but have all residents and staff in care homes in Sheffield had the vaccine, as he claims?  Even if you give take it that he is referring to those who are willing to accept the vaccine?

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

He then goes on to say

"Between October and December, GP surgeries in Sheffield vaccinated 80 per cent of the over 60's with the flu vaccine"

I suspect a typo here - presumably he means over 80's.

Actually I was invited for a flu jab for the first time last September and at the time I was only 60. I don't live in Sheffield but I think the NHS had made a decision to try to prevent as many flu cases in the 'elderly' as possible. Since that time my wife has also been invited and she's only 57!

3 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Actually I was invited for a flu jab for the first time last September and at the time I was only 60.

In fact I was vaccinated in AstraZeneca's multi-storey carpark in Macclesfield. You couldn't fault the organisation, it was like a military operation.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Scenes of large queues at Heathrow airport have emerged for a second day, sparking concerns over the lack of social distancing.

AeoEFwpG?format=jpg&name=900x900

ITV News on Twitter: "Scenes of large queues at Heathrow airport have emerged for a second day, sparking concerns over the lack of social distancing. https://t.co/LBV2XxqLk4" / Twitter

I thought one of the key reasons for Brexit was to control our borders. Seems that the Government are unable to even get that right :rolleyes:

I'd say that's a great example of controlling our borders.  Nobody gets just to stroll through. 

Ever been to the US? 

Don't forget, this is a Coronavirus thread, not the Brexit thread & perhaps the Border Force are actually doing their jobs deligently, checking where people are from, not originally travelled from one of the countries currently on the no-fly list & entered via a third country, they have the correct entry documentation, their passports match their faces. 

They just might end up protecting the UK from further COVID? 

Edited by Baron99

24 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Actually I was invited for a flu jab for the first time last September and at the time I was only 60. I don't live in Sheffield but I think the NHS had made a decision to try to prevent as many flu cases in the 'elderly' as possible. Since that time my wife has also been invited and she's only 57!

All over 50's are now eligible for a free flu jab. Have been since last  year.

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

At the cost, what, £22bn, if have thought it would be perfect. We're talking about the possibility of fraud over £500 while ignoring the really big score.

As proven in this thread, the "tories" amongst us are more concerned about a few people fraudulently claiming 500 quid than the tens of billions spent on a failing track and trace system.

Oh well, lets keep locking down repeatedly, crippling the economy, as the poor can't afford to isolate... As long as Dido Harding gets richer... 🙄

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

My 93 yr old relative hasnt had his vaccination yet. The doctors practice told him they dont have enough supply. I am hoping that is just an excuse, although they should really be honest.

Its a nurse that will be coming to his house, so that could mean things take longer.

I've heard the situation is different all over the country, probably even from vaccination centre to centre.

Some places are almost on to their second cohort, others have barely started the first. But I'm sure it will even out in the end, and everyone who wants one will get one.

11 hours ago, Dardandec said:

All over 50's are now eligible for a free flu jab. Have been since last  year.

i had mine before christmas, it made me feel old :(