Jump to content


Coronavirus - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well at least the Scottish police have finally charged SNP MP Margaret Ferrier over her trip down from Scotland to Westminster last YEAR. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55537974

 

"Police Scotland said she had been charged in connection with "alleged culpable and reckless conduct". At least she'll have to answer for her actions rather that give the usual, "Sorry" (not really), response. 

When is British police proposing to investigate Jacob Rees-Mogg's own church-going transgression of 03 January 2021, out of interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, L00b said:

When is British police proposing to investigate Jacob Rees-Mogg's own church-going transgression of 03 January 2021, out of interest?

Hardy the same has  travelling from London to Scotland on a train when you know you're infected with coronvirus.  I don't expect the Scottish police to waste their time to investigate Nicolas Sturgeon who was pictured taking her mask off to talk to other mourners at a wake.

Edited by West 77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, L00b said:

When is British police proposing to investigate Jacob Rees-Mogg's own church-going transgression of 03 January 2021, out of interest?

If a church is a place of worship, then he’s in the clear. The police might have better things to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

If a church is a place of worship, then he’s in the clear. The police might have better things to do.

At the time his home was in tier 3 and the church he travelled to was in tier 4.  Making un necessary journeys between different tiers is against Government guidance.  I agree as he never broke any laws the police might have better things to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Did anyone see that the lawyer trying to get Cummings prosecuted for his breach of lockdown laws has had to move house after a brick was thrown through his window and his car tyres were slashed? Very unpleasant, I assume at some point the police will arrest "a man in his 50s" in connection with it.

That is very sinister....I wonder what it is about Dominic Cummings that attracts someone to do that???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That is very sinister....I wonder what it is about Dominic Cummings that attracts someone to do that???

think you're being disingenuous, but for the benefit of anyone who isn't sure - Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mister M said:

 

 

Image

 

 

Awkward :nod:

7 miles now looks like the limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

7 miles now looks like the limit.

Just like driving round Barnard Castle is a legitimate way to test one's eyesight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, redruby said:

How to make the locker stricter? Do garden centres really need to be open? Do takeaways really need to be open? These are Just a couple of examples, I’m sure there are many more. From what I’ve seen these are just encouraging people to go out and come into contact with others much more closely and for longer than they would taking exercise.  

Of course that’s tough for businesses and economy. But the trouble is that while ever we carry on to trying to compromise and tread a middle ground, the less effective the lockdown will be. So the lockdown goes on longer, the economy suffers more in the longer term.

The way to make the lockdown stricter is by stopping any click and collect options in any shops not selling food. Schools should be open to only keyworkers children like the first lockdown and masks to be worn in public places as well as outdoors.

There are far too many cars still out and about on the roads because some shops have managed to get round the loophole of click and collect and remain open.

I'm a retail worker for a huge company with over 400 staff in the building. Still working click and collect orders for items which are not classed as essential and its difficult to keep away from eachother when doing these orders when it is always so very busy. The company want all the staff to work and not be furloughed again.

If Boris wants to tighten things again. Stop click and collect for shops that don't sell food so that workers are kept safe and away from other people to ease the burden on the NHS.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tatybaby said:

The way to make the lockdown stricter is by stopping any click and collect options in any shops not selling food. Schools should be open to only keyworkers children like the first lockdown and masks to be worn in public places as well as outdoors.

There are far too many cars still out and about on the roads because some shops have managed to get round the loophole of click and collect and remain open.

I'm a retail worker for a huge company with over 400 staff in the building. Still working click and collect orders for items which are not classed as essential and its difficult to keep away from eachother when doing these orders when it is always so very busy. The company want all the staff to work and not be furloughed again.

If Boris wants to tighten things again. Stop click and collect for shops that don't sell food so that workers are kept safe and away from other people to ease the burden on the NHS.

 

 

 

My bold. 

 

There was a Headteacher on the tv tonight who said that the list of essential / key workers had become so large that more & more children were now attending school under this rule.  She even said that children were being being dropped of at school by parents who were actually working from home or off work at home after being furloughed. 

 

Attitudes seemed to have changed from earlier in the pandemic, when many parents were refusing to send their children to school for fear of the children catching the virus & demanding schools were closed.  Perhaps home schooling fatigue has set in for many? 

 

On the face covering aspect, Morrisons & Sainsbury's are now introducing a mandatory requirement to wear face coverings in their store with no exceptions, except for those with medical exemptions.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55618408

 

"Sainsbury's also said it would refuse entry to those not wearing a mask or who were shopping in groups." 

 

One wonders how the medical exemption will be determined & if the mandatory face coverings will also be required by their staff? 

 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X