Jump to content


Coronavirus - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

So your mother in law is a UK national aged 80 but currently in the EU? If it helps, of my parents my mum is the youngest at age 85. She is due to have hers on the same day (tomorrow) as my dad who is 91. Dad has underlying heart condition which is well managed, otherwise healthy. Mum has high blood pressure. People of the same age in the neighbouring borough got theirs about 2 weeks earlier, so there is disparity between areas (possibly different CCGs)

Exactly right, besides being a S-postcode resident very near Sheffield, and many thanks for that follow-up post, Delbow

 

Looks like she'd be getting vaccinated very soon if she was (back-) in the UK. But then, looking at the news as well, she'd also be (back-) under a severe lockdown , when we are actually relaxing measures here from next Monday (...not that I actually agree with that much, but well...). what to do, what to do, <sigh>

 

At any rate, we'll continue efforts with the insurer, the Consulate and I've pinged our GP here as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vaccination seems to be a "hit and miss" affair. 

 

My mother who's 95 with health conditions and living totally independently hasn't had the vaccination nor word of when/where she will receive it.

My mother-in-law who's 97 in a care home with no health conditions whatever is receiving the vaccination this week.

 

Duffems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My partner's parents, same age as mine, are also getting theirs today and tomorrow, in a different area again. So it certainly seems that phase 2 is well underway here. But yes, lockdown until the end of Feb probably. Are you in France? Cos Macron seems as clueless as Johnson on Covid.

1 minute ago, DUFFEMS said:

The vaccination seems to be a "hit and miss" affair. 

 

My mother who's 95 with health conditions and living totally independently hasn't had the vaccination nor word of when/where she will receive it.

My mother-in-law who's 97 in a care home with no health conditions whatever is receiving the vaccination this week.

 

Duffems

Care home residents are among the first to have it, your mum should be close behind. It does seem that some areas have been quicker out of the blocks than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

The vaccination seems to be a "hit and miss" affair. 

 

My mother who's 95 with health conditions and living totally independently hasn't had the vaccination nor word of when/where she will receive it.

My mother-in-law who's 97 in a care home with no health conditions whatever is receiving the vaccination this week.

 

Duffems

I have had both my injections, the last one today. I think it is what Delbow says, it just depends where you are and what your surgery is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It is a joke.

When the public inquiry happens.......

What pubic inquiry?

 

49 minutes ago, Mister M said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Delbow said:

(...) Are you in France? Cos Macron seems as clueless as Johnson on Covid.

(...)

No. And not really. Macron is not Merkel-good on Covid, sure. But he's not Johnson-bad, by a country mile (besides not actually being in executive charge: that is Jean Castex).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Sounds to me like the passengers are saying, "this is a joke, we might have Covid!"  Errrr, yeah, so why did you fly then?

 

And is it essential for the Mirror to have it's hacks at the airport questioning people?

 

I'm also pretty sure that the UK is a Covid-hit country.

You know who isn't? South Korea. I'll dig out a link describing what you need to do when you land at one of the airports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Sounds to me like the passengers are saying, "this is a joke, we might have Covid!"  Errrr, yeah, so why did you fly then?

 

And is it essential for the Mirror to have it's hacks at the airport questioning people?

 

I'm also pretty sure that the UK is a Covid-hit country.

Journalists (particularly investigative journalists,) are meant to hold the great and the good (and politicians) to account. 

They have uncovered many a scandal such as the MPs expenses.

They presumably are checking to see if if Boris's diktats are being followed or just more hot air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Journalists (particularly investigative journalists,) are meant to hold the great and the good (and politicians) to account. 

They have uncovered many a scandal such as the MPs expenses.

They presumably are checking to see if if Boris's diktats are being followed or just more hot air.

It’s the Mirror vox-popping at an airport not the Washington Post reporting on Watergate.

32 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

You know who isn't? South Korea. I'll dig out a link describing what you need to do when you land at one of the airports.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be tested on entry but, to me, it does seem the wrong way round.  I take issue with the apparent dramatic denouncements of the few passengers actually quoted (who seem to be British citizens or live here anyway).  If they think they are positive they wouldn’t and shouldn’t have flown in to begin with.  Can the UK government unilaterally say to the US, for example, no-one can get on a UK bound plane without first having a Covid test?  That seems the sensible thing to do; test people before they fly.  Not after they’ve arrived. 

 

The article concludes:

 

Officials are considering banning UK residents from returning home without a clean Covid-19 test, the Mirror understands.

The Government is finalising plans to tighten restrictions, which are expected to include pre-flight tests for anyone entering the country.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apelike said:

What pubic inquiry?

 

 

Boris Johnson and various Ministers in the last year have made reference to the fact that there will be a full independent public inquiry into the handling of the pandemic.

Surely as a country we are entitled to that at the very least...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Boris Johnson and various Ministers in the last year have made reference to the fact that there will be a full independent public inquiry into the handling of the pandemic.

Surely as a country we are entitled to that at the very least...?

I'm sure they will limit the terms of reference to suit them. Or just drop it all together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I'm sure they will limit the terms of reference to suit them. Or just drop it all together. 

They may try, but there will be an almighty ****storm if they dare.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X