Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Coronavirus - Part Two.

Posted (edited)

Just been revealed that the Government want all primary schools in London to remain shut after Christmas.  It comes after the Education Secretary said only on yesterday that he is “absolutely confident” there will be no further delays to school reopenings

Covid: All London primary schools to stay shut after government U-turn | ITV News

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" Greeting Card by garigots | Redbubble

Edited by Mister M

43 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Well, if Pfiser made it and recommended a much shorter gap, I'm with them.  They developed it so surely they know more about it than the regulator.

Pfizer never tested a longer period between the two doses unlike what Oxford/AstraZeneca have done.  I trust our own vaccine regulator to make decisions and give out advice on the administration of vaccines they approve to be given to British people during a time of national emergency.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Just been revealed that the Government want all primary schools in London to remain shut after Christmas.  It comes after the Education Secretary said only on yesterday that he is “absolutely confident” there will be no further delays to school reopenings

Covid: All London primary schools to stay shut after government U-turn | ITV News

What a useless incompetent halfwit.

Edited by Mister Gee

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Oh my goodness, what a surprise. I never saw that coming.

27 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

What a useless incompetent halfwit.

I think he's almost outdone Chris Grayling in the uselessness stakes. 

That really does take some doing!

Posted (edited)

Please can someone enlighten me? 

With a potential shortage of vaccines and/or people to administer them, I cannot see for the life of me why over 80 year olds should be given priority. Surely it makes sense to vaccinate the front line workers first, especially medical and care givers. These are the people who are keeping this country running at the moment; the ones in most danger from catching the virus, and who we literally cannot do without.

So why are they not first in the queue? 

The only logical  reason I can think of, is because this is an untried and untested (properly) vaccine and the elderly are expendable if it all goes wrong.

Please, someone, prove me wrong. 

Edited by Anna B

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

With a potential shortage of vaccines and/or people to administer them, I cannot see for the life of me why over 80 year olds should be given priority. Surely it makes sense to vaccinate the front line workers first, especially medical and care givers. These are the people who are keeping this country running at the moment; the ones in most danger from catching the virus, and who we literally cannot do without.

The only logical  reason I can think of, is because this is an untried and untested (properly) vaccine and the elderly are expendable if it all goes wrong.

They are being vaccinated. I know several doctors who have already received their first dose.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I am sure that part of the reason follows the outcry over the deaths of the elderly in care.

When it comes to priorities everyone will have their opinions and certainly front line workers and those most at risk at various age levels would be at the head of most.

Just another question if anyone is expert in the field.

I understand that the limiting factor regarding vaccines at the moment is the amount available.

Is this due to production capacity,or is there  a constituent in the process that limits production.

If it is the former can we expect rapid investment and licensing  to step up production.

Edited by RJRB

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Because the over 80's are the most vulnerable group.  The over 80's are being given the Pfizer vaccine first along with NHS workers to avoid wastage of Pfizer vaccine batches which have to be stored at  a very low temperature. Our country has a moral duty to give the vaccine to the eldest members of our society first who are the most vulnerable. 

Edited by West 77

19 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It’s all a Tory conspiracy to get rid of our older generation quicker.

Isn’t that what you want to hear?

12 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I wasn't aware of that....Just makes you wonder, if he was given free rein, what mad ideas he'd dream up for school children!