Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Coronavirus - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Have you actually been  down town seeing it with your own eyes or have you just applied your own interpretation to some very carefully angled shots of these so-called "crowds" and "lack of social distancing"??

 

If it's the latter then I would be cautious of taking  these images at face value. I've seen this happen many times before partucularly with  sites like Mail Online and certain exaggerating local rags such as Yorkshire Live or The Star making complete mountains out of a molehills and picking carefully edited photographs to create some drama and sell their advertising space.

 

 

 

 I went into town last week and walked up Fargate and down the Moor. I didn't go in JD sports so I can't really comment on that. However town was packed and all the stores that I ventured in were making some attempt at keeping the numbers down and reminding people about social distancing (markers on the floor and loudspeaker announcements in some). However I feel that this was inconsistent in that a few stores limits appeared stricter (better) than others (I walked out of 3 places as I thought there were too many people inside.) Also what I found disappointing/ridiculous/stupid was that some people especially in the larger stores were putting a mask on to go past the staff on the doors and then taking them off or lowering them once inside. Whilst the majority of people were attempting to stick to the rules of social distancing there were others who clearly couldn't care less who basically were making a mockery of the plans of others. So yes there were/are crowds and lack of social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, catmiss said:

So desperately to go to Boxing Day sales and to a business not practising social distancing protocols. Hope they fit okay or he can return them before tier 4 shuts non essential shops 

sadly, I imagine many of the customers of this shop see trainers as essential items 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andyofborg said:

sadly, I imagine many of the customers of this shop see trainers as essential items 

I see trainers as essential items.  What's wrong with that?

 

I don't think I've ever been in JD sports though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some zero hours staff that had work on boxing day so they can have a bit of extra money from just universal credit thanks to the sale still happening.

Edited by MuteWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Have you actually been  down town seeing it with your own eyes or have you just applied your own interpretation to some very carefully angled shots of these so-called "crowds" and "lack of social distancing"??

 

If it's the latter then I would be cautious of taking  these images at face value. I've seen this happen many times before partucularly with  sites like Mail Online and certain exaggerating local rags such as Yorkshire Live or The Star making complete mountains out of a molehills and picking carefully edited photographs to create some drama and sell their advertising space.

 

 

 

Unfortunately I’ve been shielding for the last 10 months but I’m quite happy to accept Joker’s eye witness account 

 

On 26/12/2020 at 22:25, The Joker said:

New trainers, probably?

 

I was in JD on the Moor today, and it was packed.  There was no two-metre distancing in there, and seemingly no limit to the number of customers allowed in, not all of whom were wearing masks.

 

If I catch the dreaded 'Rona, that's where I'll have caught it from 🙄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

In these times of lockdown and quarantine, isn't it lovely to know that some traditional activities and gatherings are still going on as usual? 

https://www.peterboroughmatters.co.uk/local-news/peterborough-hunting-group-sorry-for-crematorium-incident-33050

Ah the great British Boxing Day traditions -sales for the masses and riding horses through funerals for the county set. Both a bit dicey for social distancing but also  a bit of a challenge for Boris’ levelling up campaign 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

 

 

 

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/507336-great-reset-world-economic-forum/

 

In addition, I will be "well glad"(young person's parlance) to see the back of 2020.

In anticipation,I wish everybody on the Forum,a healthy 2021.

 

Note: I wish the Gov would hurry up with the Vaccination Programme.

The Russians are already vaccinating 60yr old and upwards.

Edited by petemcewan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petemcewan said:

The Russians are already vaccinating 60yr old and upwards.

Yes....but what with?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies to the Forum. I'm erasing the RT reference. I got it utterly wrong.

If fact, Cross Talk was attacking :The Great Reset Project,Technocracy and Junk rt PCR Tests.

 

I'll leave the link in place. Some may find it interesting.

Edited by petemcewan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, petemcewan said:

.

 

 

 

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/507336-great-reset-world-economic-forum/

 

In addition, I will be "well glad"(young person's parlance) to see the back of 2020.

In anticipation,I wish everybody on the Forum,a healthy 2021.

 

Note: I wish the Gov would hurry up with the Vaccination Programme.

The Russians are already vaccinating 60yr old and upwards.

I have a Russian relative who lives in Moscow and he is over 80 and he has not had his yet. The only ones of a younger age who are being vaccinated are the key workers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent news that the Oxford / AstraZenaca vaccine has been approved by our own  regulator and will start being given out from Monday.  One dose gives 70% protection and it makes sense given the circumstances for the second dose to be given up to three months later allowing more individuals to receive their first dose faster.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.