Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Maybe you should go a bit of reading. I’m not being sarky, by the way, there is so much confusion in your post that you really do need to find out more. 

I was replying to the comments of a previous poster.  If you read my post in context, I'm sure it would make more sense.

Given Christmas Day mingling and images of the queues for Boxing Day sales (what are they buying?) are we set for a national tier 4 aka another lockdown?

5 minutes ago, catmiss said:

Given Christmas Day mingling and images of the queues for Boxing Day sales (what are they buying?) are we set for a national tier 4 aka another lockdown?

New trainers, probably?

I was in JD on the Moor today, and it was packed.  There was no two-metre distancing in there, and seemingly no limit to the number of customers allowed in, not all of whom were wearing masks.

If I catch the dreaded 'Rona, that's where I'll have caught it from 🙄

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

New trainers, probably?

I was in JD on the Moor today, and it was packed.  There was no two-metre distancing in there, and seemingly no limit to the number of customers allowed in, not all of whom were wearing masks.

Unless they caught it from you.

2 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

joker always goes out in a full hazmat suit. 

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

New trainers, probably?

Don’t want to say you’d deserve it.... but 

a) why go in the first place-new trainers really?

b) why not head straight out given the lack of space/face restrictions?

Given we can’t have visitors to show off our new home wares to and nowhere to go to wear bargain(!) clothes why would anyone queue for hours to risk spreading an increasing vociferous virus 

22 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

They should have maintained a safe distance and worn a mask then 😁

3 minutes ago, catmiss said:

maybe he needed new trainers?

8 minutes ago, catmiss said:

b) why not head straight out given the lack of space/face restrictions?

Given we can’t have visitors to show off our new home wares to and nowhere to go to wear bargain(!) clothes why would anyone queue for hours to risk spreading an increasing vociferous virus 

Honest answer?

I wanted to get out of the house and I didn't fancy going to Meadowhall and have to wait for an hour to get in.

Plus I'm a tight-fisted Yorkshireman and having weighed up the risk of getting the 'Rona versus the risk of missing out on a bargain, I went shopping.

As it happens, I should have stayed at home.

Town was dull.

Edited by The Joker

3 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

maybe he needed new trainers?

So desperately to go to Boxing Day sales and to a business not practising social distancing protocols. Hope they fit okay or he can return them before tier 4 shuts non essential shops 

2 hours ago, catmiss said:

So desperately to go to Boxing Day sales and to a business not practising social distancing protocols. Hope they fit okay or he can return them before tier 4 shuts non essential shops 

Have you actually been  down town seeing it with your own eyes or have you just applied your own interpretation to some very carefully angled shots of these so-called "crowds" and "lack of social distancing"??

If it's the latter then I would be cautious of taking  these images at face value. I've seen this happen many times before partucularly with  sites like Mail Online and certain exaggerating local rags such as Yorkshire Live or The Star making complete mountains out of a molehills and picking carefully edited photographs to create some drama and sell their advertising space.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Have you actually been  down town seeing it with your own eyes or have you just applied your own interpretation to some very carefully angled shots of these so-called "crowds" and "lack of social distancing"??

If it's the latter then I would be cautious of taking  these images at face value. I've seen this happen many times before partucularly with  sites like Mail Online and certain exaggerating local rags such as Yorkshire Live or The Star making complete mountains out of a molehills and picking carefully edited photographs to create some drama and sell their advertising space.

Has anyone actually identified the loo-roll that published that picture, or even verified it is/was taken yesterday, and not merely a stock photo?