Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Coronavirus - Part Two.

Just now, Mister M said:

I just wished the Government's advice on Christmas was 'We've already got a vaccine that's being rolled out to the most vulnerable. Let's postpone the get togethers that usually happen at this time of year, and instead protect the NHS and save lives."

I agree entirely. A couple of extra holidays at Easter and a proper lockdown now would save thousands of lives.

That said, I have both of my adult kids back home now. Both tested negative twice, as are all of their close contacts. So Christmas won’t be a total wipeout for us. I guess the Government need credit for that. 

1 hour ago, catmiss said:

There’s quite a lot of UK care staff who are reported to intend to refuse the vaccine. 

But that is their decision as it only affects them and not others. What people need to understand is that by having the vaccine all it does is stop the person who is vaccinated from suffering from it. It does not mean you cannot still transmit the virus on to others, and that is a problem. It is not known at the moment if vaccinated people can still be asymptomatic spreaders, simply because there are several types of vaccine available and they are all new.

21 hours ago, melthebell said:

its ok working class "tories" saying it can be lowered, what about people on it that still have the same bills and food to pay? do they get lowered?

With the chancellor saying its extended to April i presume theyve looked and believe it can go on longer, and needs to go on?

Rather than working class "tories" willy waving

Some still not getting furlough at all.  Should have made zero hours employers pay a percentage of the average monthly wage of their employees.

21 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

Some still not getting furlough at all.  Should have made zero hours employers pay a percentage of the average monthly wage of their employees.

the problem with making them pay, they then get rid instead

Its reported l, around the country hospital beds are full,  isn't that where the Nightingale and such like should come into force. :huh:

19 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Its reported l, around the country hospital beds are full,  isn't that where the Nightingale and such like should come into force. :huh:

You can watch 'Hospital' on BBC2 and operations are cancelled because they have and emergency; our hospitals run at 100% capacity all the time.

The Nightingale hospitals are barely used because we dont have the staff to make the operate. Brexit and our stance towards being anti-foreigner meant that many EU citizens returned home.

53 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Who is going to staff them?

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'll  Stand corrected but I'm  sure  It was reported  The Forces Medics ect were going to run them. Knowing me, probably got it wrong. :huh:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

I'll  Stand corrected but I'm  sure  It was reported  The Forces Medics ect were going to run them. Knowing me, probably got it wrong. :huh:

Royal logistic corps put them together but it would NHS staff running them. Alot of military medics had been drafted into the nhs anyway. 

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well last time NHS staff were asked if they wanted to be seconded to work in the Nightingale hospitals.

so basically it's creating extra beds and spreading the existing staff ever more thinly.

Sounds like Jeremy Hunt and his '7 day NHS' again...

Press conference at 4pm, believed to be more restrictions for the south east

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55376727

so London hasnt been in tier 3 for 2 weeks while northern britain has, now its that bad its needs tougher restrictions than tier 3?? Oo

Edited by melthebell