We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Coronavirus - Part Two.

59 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

bbc radio 2 today

jeremy vine

12:10

Ian duncan smith

very very interesting, his statement on there only 4% of those who died with covid 19 did not have underliening health problems. so.  if there where 50,000  claimed deaths it only killed 2000 healthy people  

lets put that another way
the uk,  bankrupt.    for a 1 in 33,000 chance.

Lets put that another way.

The Health Survey for England 2017 estimates that 28.7% of adults in England are obese and a further 35.6% are overweight, is that an underlying health condition?

Cardiovascular disease, CVD affects around seven million people in the UK

How many people in the UK have asthma? We found that 8 million people – over 12% of the populationhave been diagnosed with asthma.

That could be you, me or anyone, not just those in care homes.

I do agree, its cost way too much money, but that is because we were not ready and we were too slow once we started to get ready.

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Here you go to all the naysayers regarding wearing a face mask / covering. 

As the doctor says, "Stop making stuff up.... This is a lie made up as an excuse by those who believe the pandemic is a hoax and that wearing a mask somehow encroaches on their rights." 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/nhs-doctor-masks-oxygen-video-joshua-wolrich-a4499876.html

I think it pretty obvious that facemasks do not reduce oxygen levels but am interested in who the naysayers are who have been saying they do as I have not read that anywhere. 

7 hours ago, redruby said:

But perhaps many of those people could have lived many more years in reasonable health managing their underlying health condition.  “Underlying health condition” covers a wide spectrum of conditions many of which are not life limiting if managed properly. 

I doubt many 90yr olds had many more years left.

7 hours ago, Easy livin said:

bbc radio 2 today

jeremy vine

12:10

Ian duncan smith

very very interesting

his statement on there

only 4% of those who died with covid 19 did not have underliening health problems.

so.  if there where 50,000  claimed deaths
it only killed 2000 healthy people  

lets put that another way
the uk,  bankrupt.    for a 1 in 33,000 chance. 

That assumes people with "underlying"  health problems are at death's door. Which they usually aren't. Although IDS would like you to think that.

A University of Glasgow study estimates people dying from covid-19 death would have lived for another 10 years on average.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/study-finds-that-people-who-have-coronavirus-could-die-10-years-early-2020-5 

6 hours ago, El Cid said:

Lets put that another way.

The Health Survey for England 2017 estimates that 28.7% of adults in England are obese and a further 35.6% are overweight, is that an underlying health condition?

Cardiovascular disease, CVD affects around seven million people in the UK

How many people in the UK have asthma? We found that 8 million people – over 12% of the populationhave been diagnosed with asthma.

That could be you, me or anyone, not just those in care homes.

I do agree, its cost way too much money, but that is because we were not ready and we were too slow once we started to get ready.

No

Obese or overweight is a lifestyle choice.

Like type 2 diabetes is the prize for being a slob.

Should the UK be bankrupt because 29 % made bad life choices 

And 35,%.  Have made some as well 

Should shops go bust because some people can't drink less, eat less or exercise more?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

That assumes people with "underlying"  health problems are at death's door. Which they usually aren't. Although IDS would like you to think that.

A University of Glasgow study estimates people dying from covid-19 death would have lived for another 10 years on average.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/study-finds-that-people-who-have-coronavirus-could-die-10-years-early-2020-5 

Be interesting to see in 10 years time then if we have a slump in death rates.

Are there any other "key workers" that have worked all the way through this Corona virus,  a bit browned off at all this*come on, lets roll our sleeves up and get back to work* sentiment, or is it just me? 

14 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Be interesting to see in 10 years time then if we have a slump in death rates.

Why would you expect a slump in 10 years time?

The report said 10 years "on average".

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I think it pretty obvious that facemasks do not reduce oxygen levels but am interested in who the naysayers are who have been saying they do as I have not read that anywhere. 

You've obviously not been keeping up with the news then, as that's one of the reasons some americans have given for refusing to wear masks, including on banners at demonstrations

I haven't got a problem wearing masks but I do a physical job and I find myself pulling it down a little for a period so my nose isn't covered with it, because it gets very warm and close with it on.

4 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

I haven't got a problem wearing masks but I do a physical job and I find myself pulling it down a little for a period so my nose isn't covered with it, because it gets very warm and close with it on.

Nowt wrong with that if you're keeping your distance from workmates / the public.