Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Thank you all for answers. Very interesting.

One thing that does worry me a bit is that I believe they are starting with Care homes, and somebody said yesterday, the disabled and people with learning difficulties. 

Wouldn't it be wiser and easier to start with health care professionals who are already in situ and in most danger of infection?

Care homes and people who are too ill to attend surgeries etc present particular logistical problems that will be difficult to overcome, and of course the thought occurs that they are being used as the guinea pigs, but maybe that's just me being paranoid.

Personally, I'd like to see some public figure - say Prince Charles and Camilla, or Prince William and Kate, publicly have the jab first to reassure people.

The ideal is they'd prioritise those most at risk of dying and those who come in contact with them - so care home residents and their carers. In practice, because of the problems distributing the vaccine (i.e. very cold temperature requirements) they seem to have made the pragmatic decision to vaccinate care home workers (who can travel to hospital to get it) first so care home residents get some protection, and NHS staff next.

19 hours ago, El Cid said:

But if its after 8pm there wont be many people eating, they would normally be drinkers in the pub. So the landlord will turn a blind eye, if every meal is sold with 6 pints.

Or they may just serve drinks like normal, either that or go bust.

or they get closed down if busted, tha takes the risk tha takes the consequences

If someone has already had the Covid Virus do they still need to be vaccinated?  How many people have been infected twice in this country with Covid so far?  I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone having it twice in this country, but I could be wrong.  

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

If someone has already had the Covid Virus do they still need to be vaccinated?  How many people have been infected twice in this country with Covid so far?  I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone having it twice in this country, but I could be wrong.  

apparently 5 reinfections world wide but they must think it is a risk or boris would not have isolated

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Thank you all for answers. Very interesting.

One thing that does worry me a bit is that I believe they are starting with Care homes, and somebody said yesterday, the disabled and people with learning difficulties. 

Wouldn't it be wiser and easier to start with health care professionals who are already in situ and in most danger of infection?

Care homes and people who are too ill to attend surgeries etc present particular logistical problems that will be difficult to overcome, and of course the thought occurs that they are being used as the guinea pigs, but maybe that's just me being paranoid.

Personally, I'd like to see some public figure - say Prince Charles and Camilla, or Prince William and Kate, publicly have the jab first to reassure people.

mike yeadon was talking about vaccines - this may be of interest to you

1 hour ago, MuteWitness said:

Interesting in what way? Don't be shy, let's hear what you think.

It comes  from the guy who claimed covid in the UK was "fundamentally over" a couple of months ago so not getting my hopes up it will be "interesting".

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/health/ex-pfizer-vice-presidents-claim-covid-is-effectively-over-termed-false

1 hour ago, MuteWitness said:

apparently 5 reinfections world wide but they must think it is a risk or boris would not have isolated

It'll be interesting to see if it gets taken down like the other videos from TalkRadio.

Dr Yeadon talks a lot of sense here- interesting to see how, like anyone who questions the official narrative, he feels obliged to start by stressing he is not anti-vaccine [and gives evidence]. Glad that he is highly critical of mandetory vaccination and coercion/vaccine 'passports'. 

2 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

I think Boris isolated for political reasons, realising the damage done by other government officials who had broken the rules in terms of public opinion. He isolated because it was the rule; there was no real risk of him getting re-infected.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Dr Yeadon talks a lot of sense here- interesting to see how, like anyone who questions the official narrative, he feels obliged to start by stressing he is not anti-vaccine [and gives evidence]. Glad that he is highly critical of mandetory vaccination and coercion/vaccine 'passports'. 

Who is making vaccines mandatory?

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

Who is making vaccines mandatory?

I said it may be of interest to the person who asked the question about antivaxers. 

Why do people keep asking about Boris self isolating? It's obvious at the time why he did it if you heard and understood what he said at the time.

The Vaccines are going to end this Nightmare and bring back normality,  this year will go down in History along with the Black Death, how anyone especially after all the hard work and speed this Godsent has arrived, Its beyond me why anyone would be opposed to it,  it will save the opposers life and all they come into contact with,  if in doubt about having the Vaccine through medical reasons ect,  I'm sure there is expert medical advice available.

17 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

The Vaccines are going to end this Nightmare and bring back normality,  this year will go down in History along with the Black Death, how anyone especially after all the hard work and speed this Godsent has arrived, Its beyond me why anyone would be opposed to it,  it will save the opposers life and all they come into contact with,  if in doubt about having the Vaccine through medical reasons ect,  I'm sure there is expert medical advice available.

Great band, not sure they had much to do with the fight against Covid though....

19 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

All the cranks and nutters would just say they had been given something harmless but the rest of "us" will get the real thing.

This is the problem with conspiracy theorists.  Point out how they are wrong and they either 1) suggest you are somehow in on it or just a sheep or 2) move onto some other loopy idea instead.  They will never give up on the idea that there is a conspiracy.

Yes, you have a point. So it has to be someone with integrity that the public trusts. 

Jeremy Vine has just suggested David Attenborough, which seems a good choice. And as I am always banging on about Jeremy Corbyn's integrity I feel duty bound to nominate him, although I'm well aware that would backfire spectacularly with some of the posters on here....  so maybe not the best choice.🙂 

Edited by Anna B