Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, whiteowl said:

If you order a "substantial" meal, be it a Scotch Egg or not, do you have to eat it? 🤔

.. and if you don't eat it, nobody can penalise you, especially after you've already had your beer!

Of course, you could take a homeless person in, claim he/she is your sibling, order 2 pints and 2 scotch eggs, drink the beer while your companion eats the eggs!

1 hour ago, whiteowl said:

If you order a "substantial" meal, be it a Scotch Egg or not, do you have to eat it? 🤔

Can you have a pint with your meal, then when u have finished your meal, have another 6 pints?

2 hours ago, taxman said:

But still we don't have answers to the major question. Scotch Egg...substantial meal or not?

with 7 pints of ale yes 👍

3 hours ago, taxman said:

But still we don't have answers to the major question. Scotch Egg...substantial meal or not?

I've been in a few fancy restaurants in my time & there would be more calories in a scotch egg than in some of the 3 courses I've eaten - and paid a lot more for. 

At the end of the day, if the pubs you usually visit already do food in 'normal' times, than I'd say what the publican usually sells, should be good enough to be classed as substantial.  Even if it's just a chip butty. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

No.  You're allowed to finish your drink after you've finished your meal but not allowed to order another drink.  The pub will want you to leave as soon as possible after you've finished your meal in order to have space to accommodate  others wishing to have a meal.

But if its after 8pm there wont be many people eating, they would normally be drinkers in the pub. So the landlord will turn a blind eye, if every meal is sold with 6 pints.

Or they may just serve drinks like normal, either that or go bust.

So, a vaccine is close.

What is the reason antivaxers are against it? Serious question, there seem to be a lot of them out there, but I can't find a cohesive reason for their objections. Is it something I should worry about? 

30 minutes ago, Anna B said:

So, a vaccine is close.

What is the reason antivaxers are against it? Serious question, there seem to be a lot of them out there, but I can't find a cohesive reason for their objections. Is it something I should worry about? 

As always, many of the people being labelled as antivaxers are not at all antivax, but question or oppose a particular aspect of a vaccination, or oppose a particular vaccination- in this case there is a lot of opposition to the covid vaccination being made compulsory, either in the sense of 'everyone has to, by law, have it', or, 'you don't have to have it, but if you don't, you can't go to concerts/restaraunts/travel etc, etc.'

Many of those who object to the vaccine being compulsory, or who question the safety of this particular vaccine, will not be remotely 'antivaxxer', in that they happily use other vaccines, nevertheless, they will be labelled as such.

Edited by onewheeldave

39 minutes ago, Anna B said:

So, a vaccine is close.

It's a good question that's not easily answered.

I have certainly been assuaged by the information I've heard about the vaccine, particularly about its speed of development.

However the arguments of anti vaxxers that I've heard go way beyond mad conspiracy theories.

I think some of them are undoubtedly people who are easily led, naive, and lack information. Some have a world view that is paranoid. 

I do wonder if there is some Russian troll farm, disseminating all these fanciful ideas. We know that Russia has a penchant for spreading misinformation.

EDIT: I was going to mention that some of the more fanciful ideas being peddled are to be found on the David Icke Forum. 

But after just trying a link to that site, I've found that it's been taken down. Probably a good thing, however many of the  believers in the more extreme conspiracy theories will see this as further evidence that the establishment is trying to silence them, and that they are right all along :rolleyes:

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

As always, many of the people being labelled as antivaxers are not at all antivax, but question or oppose a particular aspect of a vaccination, or oppose a particular vaccination- in this case there is a lot of opposition to the covid vaccination being made compulsory, either in the sense of 'everyone has to, by law, have it', or, 'you don't have to have it, but if you don't, you can't go to concerts/restaraunts/travel etc, etc.'

Many of those who object to the vaccine being compulsory, or who question the safety of this particular vaccine, will not be remotely 'antivaxxer', in that they happily use other vaccines, nevertheless, they will be labelled as such.

great post!

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

So, a vaccine is close.

Apart from needles, no.

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

great post!

exactly what they said.

Emma Kenny was called antivax for questioning it's use on children.   Anyone who has questions is called "antivax".

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

It won't be the government who say "you can't do xyz without a vaccine" it will be private enterprise under threat of higher insurance premiums. You are free of course to spend your money elsewhere.

That said you aren't allowed to travel to certain countries already if you haven't a jab against yellow fever for example. Does that worry you?

2 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

exactly what they said.

Emma Kenny was called antivax for questioning it's use on children.   Anyone who has questions is called "antivax".

Emma Kenny is a nut bag.

Children are vaccinated against other diseases.