Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

No need to cancel Christmas. Even if you're on your own you can still enjoy the day. Break out the Baileys (or tipple of your choice,) get some nice food in that you enjoy and a few treats, settle back in front of the fire, warm and snug, watch what you want on the telly, and count your blessings. Plenty of people would love a Christmas like that.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

No need to cancel Christmas. Even if you're on your own you can still enjoy the day. Break out the Baileys (or tipple of your choice,) get some nice food in that you enjoy and a few treats, settle back in front of the fire, warm and snug, watch what you want on the telly, and count your blessings. Plenty of people would love a Christmas like that.

Sorry Anna, I was kidding around at the Sherriff of Nottingham ref,  I was thinking on the lines of the group risk,  in these times  your post describes a perfect ideal Xmas.  Go steady on the Baileys tho.  :hihi:

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Well England, Scotland and Wales have all had different rules, at different times.

There are roughly 3,000,000 newly self-employed that have not been elidgable for furlough, they could end up homeless.

We should be living in a free country were people can choose to work or not. We seem to be entering into a dictatorship, with another pay freeze and needing permission to meet family members at a special time.

People voted for Boris to get Brexit done, not for this country to led by Boris the dictator.

Different countries. different rules, different times, same virus.

Employee, self-employed, unemployed, same virus.

Dictatorship?

Nay.

You don't need permission to meet family members at a special time. It's up to you whether you want to risk it. That's your decison, not Johnson's.

You either take the advice/guidance, or don't.

What happened to the video of Peter Hitchens?

I wanted to read it but now I can't find it.

Was it in this thread, or am I mistaken?

3 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Different countries. different rules, different times, same virus.

Employee, self-employed, unemployed, same virus.

Dictatorship?

Nay.

You don't need permission to meet family members at a special time. It's up to you whether you want to risk it. That's your decison, not Johnson's.

You either take the advice/guidance, or don't.

That’s true but I think the relaxation of the rules is raising other issues. I know of a few ‘vulnerable’ people who are being coerced into attending gatherings because of government endorsement

6 hours ago, catmiss said:

That’s true but I think the relaxation of the rules is raising other issues. I know of a few ‘vulnerable’ people who are being coerced into attending gatherings because of government endorsement

Yes, that’s a problem. Whilst the Government are not exactly encouraging gatherings and asking people to make careful decisions about the vulnerable, a lot of people will just blindly follow what is ‘allowed’. I think there ought to be stronger messaging that no one should pressure anyone or feel pressured into attending any gatherings. 

Although I don't agree with them. Where has the Peter Hitchins and Mark Graham video gone ? By taking it down just confirms their  allegations. That there is widespread censure ship - by social media platforms- of views that question the "establishment's "  handling of  the Cov-19 pandemic.

Below is a link that addresses consensus  and disagreement amongst scientists.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/27/hear-scientists-different-views-covid-19-dont-attack-them/

At this moment of massive uncertainty, with data and analyses shifting daily, honest disagreements among academic experts with different training, scientific backgrounds, and perspectives are both unavoidable and desirable. 

Quote from above link.

I remember the HIV denialist Peter Duesberg back in the 90s .

He paid a very heavy price for his views. But at least he got to express them.

Note: Peter Duesberg. World leading microbiologist.

Now just a footnote in the history of HIV.

Note: I'm not a supporter of the Great Barring ton Declaration.

Edited by petemcewan

36 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

What on earth is driving it?

Cretins?

Played like a fiddle, comes to mind.

Coach trips to Liverpool, then.  In to the pub, some pork scratchings* and a few rounds of wallop, then back on to the coach. Sorted. 

(*counts as a substantial meal on Merseyside......😁😁)

Schools, Churches, Gyms , gathering placee are open but pubs are shut, :gag: