Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Becky B said:

Just to clarify - you said "no test, no home leave" in your post (#2610).

How do you suggest preventing students taking  'home leave' if they've chosen not to have a test?

My bold. You could say the same about the 'flu vaccine - yet I've never seen this considered in past years.  I'm willing to be corrected...

If you say to a child, if you don't behave you can,t have an ice cream,  they soon behave, just say to a student your not  allowed to travel home unless you have test,  you watch, they'll soon get one, by the way the Students don't run the University. :roll:

10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

If you say to a child, if you don't behave you can,t have an ice cream,  they soon behave, just say to a student your not  allowed to travel home unless you have test,  you watch, they'll soon get one, by the way the Students don't run the University. :roll:

So, who stops them if they don’t?

11 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Neither are they prisoners of the University, nor should they be treated as such. They have has much freedom of movement as you, I or West 77.

You are trusted to not travel around the country without a test, without any enforcement.

Why do you think it fair to impose different conditions on others? Do you consider yourself more reliable?

3 hours ago, francypants said:

Yes,  Uni students are free to make up their own minds about being tested in preparation to going 'home' for Christmas.  All I can say is  ..... if any student chooses not to get tested then returns home, they are being very selfish and I think stupid in risking the health of their family for their own pleasure.

Are all these granny “I don’t care, if it’s my time,  it’s my time I won’t be isolating no more” types who don’t get tested and might pass it on to their family at Xmas equally stupid?

2 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Neither are they prisoners of the University, nor should they be treated as such. They have has much freedom of movement as you, I or West 77.

You are trusted to not travel around the country without a test, without any enforcement.

Why do you think it fair to impose different conditions on others? Do you consider yourself more reliable?

He says he’s lived through every decade since 1945.  Ideally, shouldn’t he be shielding at home?

Are you Presley?

3 hours ago, francypants said:

Yes,  Uni students are free to make up their own minds about being tested in preparation to going 'home' for Christmas.  All I can say is  ..... if any student chooses not to get tested then returns home, they are being very selfish and I think stupid in risking the health of their family for their own pleasure.

31 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Are all these granny “I don’t care, if it’s my time,  it’s my time I won’t be isolating no more” types who don’t get tested and might pass it on to their family at Xmas equally stupid?

He says he’s lived through every decade since 1945.  Ideally, shouldn’t he be shielding at home?

Are you Presley?

Yes !!   Anybody who is offered a test should take it if you love and value your family.

Im seeing now, the Tories want a winter eat out to help out LOL

Its ok wanting / needing to boost the economy but is this wise? I believe the last one in the summer helped put us where we are now, and with the tooing and froing of the hospitality industry being the devil and then all of a sudden being an angel again, it just doesnt make sense.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

That didn't really answer my question.

You said "no test, no home leave".

How would you enforce this if they still choose not to have a test, when you have 'asked them to behave'?

What relevance does your last sentence particle have? [i.e. students  not running the university]

2 hours ago, Becky B said:

That didn't really answer my question.

You said "no test, no home leave".

How would you enforce this if they still choose not to have a test, when you have 'asked them to behave'?

What relevance does your last sentence particle have? [i.e. students  not running the university]

Easy!  In this pandemic disciplin should be enforced,  Students should  be told to  get tested no ifs or buts, just get it done,  as we all  know by now , not for just their own protection  but to protect others aswell ,  seriously! Is it asking too much.  Who ever disagrees with post must be just plain selfish, its a no brainer. :roll:

4 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Easy!  In this pandemic disciplin should be enforced,  Students should  be told to  get tested no ifs or buts, just get it done,  as we all  know by now , not for just their own protection  but to protect others aswell ,  seriously! Is it asking too much.  Who ever disagrees with post must be just plain selfish, its a no brainer. :roll:

That’s still not an answer is it?

6 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

It certainly is.

In one sense, at least.

Edited by Pettytom

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

That’s still not an answer is it?

What is the answer then. ?

Just now, PRESLEY said:

What is the answer then. ?

Let them go home whether they have a test or not.  It’s up to them.