Coronavirus - Part Two.

12 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

no flu these days, just covid 😏

122689238_10221778866955439_6925267956344749889_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=S_OazE6XIngAX_xp_A3&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&oh=7a1c71f5e7a0a8be5878691ac2c064c8&oe=5FC91417

More flu than COVID last week

13 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

There are plenty of covid snitches about....

I'm sure we already know the certain shops and businesses that will ignore the shutdown rules and continue trading, sometimes by the back door but sometimes quite openly.

The problem arises when a competitor does play by the rules, but then sees his business/customers floating off down the road.

6 hours ago, El Cid said:

122689238_10221778866955439_6925267956344749889_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=S_OazE6XIngAX_xp_A3&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&oh=7a1c71f5e7a0a8be5878691ac2c064c8&oe=5FC91417

More flu than COVID last week

The graph ends on 9th October.

16 hours ago, El Cid said:

Is a speeding fine different in other nations or is the difference political?

The point of a low-level fine, like a FPN for (mild) speeding, is to teach, not so much to dissuade. It's a tap on the wrist, not a caning.

If you are requiring people to effectively imprison themselves, then the fine for breaching this rule needs to be dissuasive to begin with.

In most countries I'm aware of (directly and effectively so, because I have to travel there frequently), the basic Covid rule-breaking fine is a multiple of the basic speeding FPN. 

Here in Luxembourg, €45 (and no points!) for a mild speeding offence (speed limit + up to 20 km/h), but €135 for breaking basic mask/distance rules, scaling up to €500 for hosting a party with more than max.number of people. It's multiples of these for businesses. A café-restaurant here was fined €4k only the other day, and another barely escaped an €8k fine last month (it was reduced on appeal, not annulled).

Next door in Belgium, it's €250 to start with.

Edited by L00b

Or, maybe they just voted to make sure that we aren’t adversely affected by a killer virus, or irresponsible citizens.

Maybe they saw the hospitalisation figures, for example. Have you seen how they have changed in the last month?

Yes but there is lots saying hospitals are at the same capacity every year.  

I'm no expert i can only go on data that is available.

Edited by MuteWitness

I was referring to the number of cases of Covid serious enough to require hospitalisation. Have you seen how the numbers are changing?