Coronavirus - Part Two.

45 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He just stacks up the trays and I take them in. I pass back empties so we are two arm lengths and a tray between us? Close to 2m id guess and he's outside.

But I'll wear one in future, didn't not wear one because I'm an arse. One chap stacks them all up, knocks on the door and legs it to the top of the drive and waits till I'm finished. Don't blame him!

If thats there routine stay as you are, fetch the the stuff in and if I were you I would wipe items with a damp cloth and wash your hands,  I wipe my post with a damp cloth then wash my hands,   in the two domestic situations mentioned a lot of people are thinking more about mask and keeping a safe distance and forget about the hand wash routine which is just as important. I mentioned in previous post that I spotted people walking towards shops too busy concearned with fitting their mask and grab a trolley/basket and forget the other equally important part of the routine, sanitising hands and their trolley handles, done it my self,  Ive even had to walk back to the car on some occaisions to get a mask.  :hihi:

5 hours ago, Kidorry said:

I have been in Sainsbury Jackson at Gleadless Townend twice in the last few days and each time there was a different young man without a mask. They were both in their 30s and should know better. How would they feel if their parents caught Covid 19 off them and died.

But are we turning into snitches yes they should know better but is the crime as bad a  robbery . 

48 minutes ago, ormester said:

But are we turning into snitches yes they should know better but is the crime as bad a  robbery . 

Worse they are put someones life in danger.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Worse they are put someones life in danger.

Anyone with the flu going out in public would be doing the same

2 hours ago, ormester said:

There are plenty of covid snitches about.   I was on hold for a 999 police call trying to get help for two gangs beating each other with golf clubs, really hope people are using the number correctly.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

no flu these days, just covid 😏

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Not disputing that, the  question was, is someone comitting robbery worse than spreading the virus. 

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Not disputing that, the  question was, is someone comitting robbery worse than spreading the virus. 

Or speeding/dangerous driving?

No MOT = £100 fine

Coronavirus fines in England = £200 for the first offence, lowered to £100 if paid within 14 days

Scotland and other nations = £60

Is a speeding fine different in other nations or is the difference political?

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/c19/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-police-powers/

2 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

Perhaps because the flu season hasn't started yet?

https://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/childrens-health/flu#:~:text=In the UK%2C people usually,and as late as May.

Seasonal flu (influenza) is an infection caused by a virus that can affect your nose, throat and lungs. People tend to get it around the same time every year. In the UK, people usually get seasonal flu between December and March, although outbreaks can happen as early as October and as late as May.

12 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

122689238_10221778866955439_6925267956344749889_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=S_OazE6XIngAX_xp_A3&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&oh=7a1c71f5e7a0a8be5878691ac2c064c8&oe=5FC91417

More flu than COVID last week

13 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

There are plenty of covid snitches about....

I'm sure we already know the certain shops and businesses that will ignore the shutdown rules and continue trading, sometimes by the back door but sometimes quite openly.

The problem arises when a competitor does play by the rules, but then sees his business/customers floating off down the road.

6 hours ago, El Cid said:

122689238_10221778866955439_6925267956344749889_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=S_OazE6XIngAX_xp_A3&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&oh=7a1c71f5e7a0a8be5878691ac2c064c8&oe=5FC91417

More flu than COVID last week

The graph ends on 9th October.

16 hours ago, El Cid said:

Is a speeding fine different in other nations or is the difference political?

The point of a low-level fine, like a FPN for (mild) speeding, is to teach, not so much to dissuade. It's a tap on the wrist, not a caning.

If you are requiring people to effectively imprison themselves, then the fine for breaching this rule needs to be dissuasive to begin with.

In most countries I'm aware of (directly and effectively so, because I have to travel there frequently), the basic Covid rule-breaking fine is a multiple of the basic speeding FPN. 

Here in Luxembourg, €45 (and no points!) for a mild speeding offence (speed limit + up to 20 km/h), but €135 for breaking basic mask/distance rules, scaling up to €500 for hosting a party with more than max.number of people. It's multiples of these for businesses. A café-restaurant here was fined €4k only the other day, and another barely escaped an €8k fine last month (it was reduced on appeal, not annulled).

Next door in Belgium, it's €250 to start with.

Edited by L00b