Coronavirus - Part Two.

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Whatever the number covid actually kills, you can be sure that the number of deaths the authorities attribute to covid, will be far, far higher. Especially when the true horrific consequences of deaths caused by their lockdown start to become apparent- at that point it is not in their best interests to pursue honesty with regard to the deaths attributed to covid.

Deaths with covid, are not deaths from covid, especially now we are starting to see how many people have had covid and remained completely free of symptoms.

The same is true of course, of the numbers of deaths [caused  by the lockdown] from mental health issues, unemployment, lack of access to medical treatment etc....... could be 100s of thousands? a million, 2 million? who knows?

I really wish youd lived through the second world war to see what REAL trauma looks like, this is a walk in the park compared, get a grip

23 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Didn't someone say earlier that there was to be a vote about the potential lockdown to happen next week before the anouncment? If so, what has happened to that vote now?!

21 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Boris has said that a vote will still go ahead and these plans will start from Thursday IF agreed

Are you sure- I didn't catch that in his broadcast, and none of the summeries seem to be picking up on it. 

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I really wish youd lived through the second world war to see what REAL trauma looks like, this is a walk in the park compared, get a grip

I come from a minority group that has a nine times higher suicide rate than the national average [at the best of times] i.e. we tend to choose to die rather than endure the hostility inflicted upon us by this society which is created by, and for, neurotypicals who, in the main, seem unable to have empathy for any neurotype other than their own, and, again, that is in the best of times, and this current hysteria is only going to increase that.

I do know what real trauma looks like, and any assumption that it must involve bombs and mutilations is somewhat blinkered.

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Quoted for truth.

I hate hearing the phrase 'people have got lockdown fatigue'.

We've been told through the Brexit debate to show that famous 'Blitz spirit' of WWII. I think those who spoke so passionately about this during the Brexit debate, are not saying the same now!

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Quoted for truth.

I hate hearing the phrase 'people have got lockdown fatigue'.

We've been told through the Brexit debate to show that famous 'Blitz spirit' of WWII. I think those who spoke so passionately about this during the Brexit debate, are not saying the same now!

you just cant imagine the absolute terror, feeling of loss, heartbreak, stress, harsh living of people living for 6 years through the war, especially the blitz, that would cause serious mental health issues

4 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Are you sure- I didn't catch that in his broadcast, and none of the summeries seem to be picking up on it. 

Yes I'm sure. It was said near towards his sign off. 

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

you just cant imagine the absolute terror, feeling of loss, heartbreak, stress, harsh living of people living for 6 years through the war, especially the blitz, that would cause serious mental health issues

Indeed.

No matter how bad things some think things are bad now, they need to read about the real horrors and privations suffered by those that lived through that era.

Just now, Mister M said:

Indeed.

No matter how bad things some think things are bad now, they need to read about the real horrors and privations suffered by those that lived through that era.

And they should also look into the immediate precursors- starting with the scapegoating of disabled minorities and the gradual erosion of civil liberties, especially those taken under the guise of a threat made more extreme by scaremongering.

13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Indeed.

Telling people they have stay home and not being able to go to the boozer or the  pictures ect for a month is hardly a comparrisons to world war conditions blitz ect. :roll:

Edited by PRESLEY

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

Telling people they have stay home and not being able to go to the boozer or pics ect for a month is hardly a comparrisons to world war conditions blitz ect. :roll:

exactly...

8 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

And they should also look into the immediate precursors- starting with the scapegoating of disabled minorities and the gradual erosion of civil liberties, especially those taken under the guise of a threat made more extreme by scaremongering.

NOBODY is scapegoating people with disabilities now get a grip

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Telling people they have stay home and not being able to go to the boozer or pics ect for a month is hardly a comparrisons to world war conditions blitz ect. :roll:

I agree

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I agree

Its just a matter of putting up for a while till we get a vaccine circulating, according to boris and other agencies which should be in the first quater of next year.  The poor souls who fort for our freedom had coplete hell for six years but at the time they didn't have a time scale,  my god ! Never knowing when the end of the war was going to come must have been a nightmare on its own without all the every day carnage happening around them.

19 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The cabinet meeting went on longer than expected.  Non cabinet MPs such as Steve Baker also wanted to and did talk to the Prime Minister. 

The so called leaks in this case certainly weren't welcomed by the Prime Minister.  Any  disarray has been caused by those guilty of causing the leaks.

Getting excuses in early.  By November the Cabinet will be fighting like cats in a sack.

Edited by Mister Gee