Coronavirus - Part Two.

5 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

And, presumably, the same will hold true for those who have had covid already- the memory cells formed during the infection will ensure the same robust defence against re-infection?

18 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

Onewheeldave

The scientists looking into immunity  have to do more research before that question can be answered with a categorical "Yes".

Just to be clear, it's not a categorical 'yes' to whether the memory cells formed during the infection will ensure the same robust defence against re-infection; is it also not a categorical 'yes' to what the article was saying i.e. 

"The memory cells formed in the process whenever they encounter the same pathogen or the same antigen in the form of a vaccine begin to generate the required amount of antibodies not in two or three weeks' time, but literally within 3-4 days.

"For this reason a decline in the level of antibodies after vaccination is an absolutely normal development, so those who have been vaccinated should feel no worries,"

Because if it's a categorical 'yes' to the latter, but not the former, I'm unclear on why declining antibodies aren't a problem post vaccine, but might be post an actual infection. 

Edited by onewheeldave

France in full lockdown for a month. Germany doing  broadly the same. We will follow them in a week, two weeks tops.

2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Just to be clear, it's not a categorical 'yes' to whether the memory cells formed during the infection will ensure the same robust defence against re-infection; is it also not a categorical 'yes' to what the article was saying i.e. 

"The memory cells formed in the process whenever they encounter the same pathogen or the same antigen in the form of a vaccine begin to generate the required amount of antibodies not in two or three weeks' time, but literally within 3-4 days.

"For this reason a decline in the level of antibodies after vaccination is an absolutely normal development, so those who have been vaccinated should feel no worries,"

Because if it's a categorical 'yes' to the latter, but not the former, I'm unclear on why declining antibodies aren't a problem post vaccine, but might be post an actual infection. 

Declining antibodies, post infection, aren’t a problem.

Poor quality journalists are though.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

France in full lockdown for a month. Germany doing  broadly the same. We will follow them in a week, two weeks tops.

Some very scarey figures being mooted on TV News, forcasting a possible further 80,000 deaths over the period till next Spring, and the age group is coming down as well, 50 and 60 year olds now seem to be more vulerable as well as those over 70 according to scientists. 

Scaremongering or a real and serious cause for concern?

Not been one if the better days for Covid news.

Up to 300 plus deaths last two days with forecast of 500 by end of November.

And Dr Fauci, says it could be 2022! before theatre and normal life resumes.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think you might be right (possibly sold as tier 4) with scientists claiming only minimal impact from Tier 3 measures and infections back to May levels. My concern is the public have lost faith in the management of Covid and won’t be so compliant this time round possibly prolonging severe restrictions 

2 minutes ago, catmiss said:

I think you might be right (possibly sold as tier 4) with scientists claiming only minimal impact from Tier 3 measures and infections back to May levels. My concern is the public have lost faith in the management of Covid and won’t be so compliant this time round possibly prolonging severe restrictions 

If we leave it 2 weeks, we'll be about 40k. Then we'll do it and will be too late to salvage Christmas.

12 minutes ago, butlers said:

Not been one if the better days for Covid news.

Up to 300 plus deaths last two days with forecast of 500 by end of November.

And Dr Fauci, says it could be 2022! before theatre and normal life resumes.

He's not been right about everything, and I truly hope he's wrong about this.

46 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

If we leave it 2 weeks, we'll be about 40k. Then we'll do it and will be too late to salvage Christmas.

Santa wont be coming anyway, everyone will be skint, with reduced working hours or being made redundent.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Declining antibodies, post infection, aren’t a problem.

Poor quality journalists are though.

Poor quality uncaring citizens are too.

6 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Poor quality uncaring citizens are too.

Talking of which, travelling from a tier 3 area to a tier 2 area - just for a pint - shouldn't happen either.

A married Sheffield couple, both in their early 70's, took a 90+ relative to a Dronfield pub last weekend.

Understand that an contact address was left at the pub, but was it a legitimate one?

Pettytom

It's the media that  is pushing the scaremongering agenda.

Declining antibodies to Cov-19 ! OMG the sky is falling ! We're doomed,dooomed,! Everybody is going to die !

It's not just antibodies that fight infection. The Adaptive arm of the immune system is becoming of significant interest in the campaign

for treatments against Cov- 19 .

There's an almost macabre gleefulness by the media when reporting 

anything that looks like a set back,in the pursuit of  treatments for Cov-19.

Below is the source of the quote I put in thread 2227

A certain decline in the level of antibodies 2-3 months after vaccination against the novel coronavirus is a normal phenomenon.

Cell immunity will guarantee their generation in response to the virus, the director of the Gamaleya National Research Center for Epidemiology and Microbiology under the Russian Health Ministry, Alexander Gintsburg, has said.

I've included a link that is informative about the part played by Memory B cells and the like.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02400-7#ref-CR1

I recall that back in 1986 there was the doom laden imagery of Tombstones and Icebergs-campaign masterminded by Sammy Harari.

I never bought into that scenario and I'm not buying the wares  being peddled by the 21st century equivalent.

So on we go -optimistic  as ever.

So I'm going to shut up for a time.

To the Forum.Stay safe and get you Flu Vax.

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

Talking of which, travelling from a tier 3 area to a tier 2 area - just for a pint - shouldn't happen either.

A married Sheffield couple, both in their early 70's, took a 90+ relative to a Dronfield pub last weekend.

Understand that an contact address was left at the pub, but was it a legitimate one?

The amount of g roups in more than 6s we've had to turn away is astonishing, and not just 7 and 8 people, we're talking 10 and even 12

Some try and hide it by coming in as two groups but give it away by talking to each other.

Had 1 group the other day sat at separate tables but wanted to sit near each other lol then tried saying they weren't together they just happened to bump into each other in Whitby, just happened to be there the same week, walking down the same street and came on the same ship at the same time, hmmmm it's these people that will give us worse restrictions come Christmas

Edited by melthebell