Coronavirus - Part Two.

Replying to JOHN HABS

I saw a man in Boots in town with presumably the same problem, he had a small pad of paper and he wrote his questions down, and the Pharmacy staff replied likewise.   Many staff also wear the clear visors for ease of lipreading. 

Edited by feargal
threads merged, so it looked like I was talking to myself.

4 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Just been to the supermarket, first time wearing a mask, no issues - seriously, what are people complaining about?

It's 15 minutes or so of your life, handle it 🙄

I can handle it though it's just that it's like the track and trace apps unless it becomes compulsory for all then it is really just down to a feel good factor only and no one here has been able to provide any evidence to the contrary either only that is a consensus. The old saying "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link" applies and unless it is also mandatory for shop assistants in supermarkets to wear on then the exercise is a bit pointless. Get on a bus, some won't be wearing them, go to a supermarket and the shop assistants won't be wearing one 

Been to  local supermarket and they are all masked.

14 minutes ago, melthebell said:

So a damp washcloth or surgical mask works :hihi:.... And to be effective it needs a high take up of at least 80% which is comparable to the track and trace apps... One report that is still not very convincing especially as some countries that have wearing one as mandatory are now suffering from new lockdowns as the cases of the virus increases.

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

Been to  local supermarket and they are all masked.

Some have changed their policy but again it is not compulsory for staff to wear them on if they want to.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/aldi-asda-tesco-sainsburys-morrisons-18593319

Edited by apelike

Really can't see what people are bleating on about, so you have to wear a face covering, boogaloo! Its not for ever. :roll:

21 minutes ago, JOHN HABS said:

The government Guide lines for compulsory wearing of face coverings in shops from the 24th July:-

An important issue has been overlooked here........ if you need to ask an assistant a question that requires an answer

and you are either deaf or hard of hearing and dependent upon lip reading, how are you suppose to understand what is being said

if they are wearing a face covering.

Regretfully my hearing has gone completely, I don't sign and cannot get any benefit from the use of hearing aids, I am fully dependent

on my ability to lip read, from the beginning to the present day of Corvid, it has been a nightmare for me in trying to understand what people

are saying - I'm sure there are others out there in my situation experiencing the same problem.

What are deaf / hard of hearing people suppose to do........ not go to the shops at all because of the fear of not being able to tell what people are saying to them ?

I think you will find that there are exceptions for people such as yourself and others in a similar situation just as there are on public transport now.

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

Really can't see what people are bleating on about, so you have to wear a face covering, boogaloo! Its not for ever. :roll:

prolly think the government are grooming us for the future islamofication of the UK and being forced to wear face coverings LOL

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Really can't see what people are bleating on about, so you have to wear a face covering, boogaloo! Its not for ever:roll:

Are you sure about that! :hihi:

10 hours ago, casualbystander said:

Image may contain: text that says "This is the Mask needed to prevent Virus inhalation and absorption through the eues This is a Mind Control Device"pure and simple.

I like that.

42 minutes ago, apelike said:

I didn't, I said I wear one when shopping basically to to make others feel comfortable and not because it helps me at all.

Be aware then that you wearing a mask makes some of us uncomfortable- reminds us that there are moves afoot to bully and force us to do something we don't want to do.

41 minutes ago, JOHN HABS said:

The government Guide lines for compulsory wearing of face coverings in shops from the 24th July:-

An important issue has been overlooked here........ if you need to ask an assistant a question that requires an answer

and you are either deaf or hard of hearing and dependent upon lip reading, how are you suppose to understand what is being said

if they are wearing a face covering.

Regretfully my hearing has gone completely, I don't sign and cannot get any benefit from the use of hearing aids, I am fully dependent

on my ability to lip read, from the beginning to the present day of Corvid, it has been a nightmare for me in trying to understand what people

are saying - I'm sure there are others out there in my situation experiencing the same problem.

What are deaf / hard of hearing people suppose to do........ not go to the shops at all because of the fear of not being able to tell what people are saying to them ?

The measures have affected many minority groups from the start- many autistic people cannot queue for example, and so couldn't get into shops. As part of my role as Autism Acceptance Officer for a local social enterprise I did do a small survey asking supermarket managers what instructions they had been given for autistic people who couldn't queue- the answer was 'none'.

The lockdown has disproportionately impinged upon autistic people, deaf people and disabled people in general, from the start.

Be aware that disabled people are exempt from wearing masks on public transport- hopefully the same will be true for the upcoming shop/supermarket mask requirements. Though it is worth noting that many disabled people are avoiding using public transport because of the hostility they receive from some masked members of the public who can't seem to deal with people not wearing masks even when they are fully entitled to not do so.

Edited by onewheeldave

9 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I like that.

Be aware then that you wearing a mask makes some of us uncomfortable- reminds us that there are moves afoot to bully and force us to do something we don't want to do.

The measures have affected many minority groups from the start- many autistic people cannot queue for example, and so couldn't get into shops. As part of my role as Autism Acceptance Officer for a local social enterprise I did do a small survey asking supermarket managers what instructions they had been given for autistic people who couldn't queue- the answer was 'none'.

The lockdown has disproportionately impinged upon autistic people, deaf people and disabled people in general, from the start.

Be aware that disabled people are exempt from wearing masks on public transport- hopefully the same will be true for the upcoming shop/supermarket mask requirements. Though it is worth noting that many disabled people are avoiding using public transport because of the hostility they receive from some masked members of the public who can't seem to deal with people not wearing masks even when they are fully entitled to not do so.

I know, it's like people don't understand autistic, disabled and dead are completely immune to covid19 and everything else that's been put to try and  stop the spread of an incurable disease doesn't apply to them.

Wonder how the moaning minnies would have gone on in world war 1 or2,  :huh:

6 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Wonder how the moaning minnies would have gone on in world war 1 or2,  :huh:

"Blackout? - not for me guv, against my civil liberties innit".