Jump to content

Coronavirus - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I suspect part of it is that a lot of people who are wearing masks do not believe they work [as seen from several posts on this thread] and are wearing them soley because they are being forced to. They know full well that they shouldn't be stuffing them in pockets and that they should be using new ones, but, they don't care, they'll just do the minimum necessary to  get in a shop without hassle or rising a fine.

 

Amongst the pro maskers here there seems to be a naive assumption that anyone wearing a mask actually believes they work- that's not true, for some, they are being forced to do something they would not, left to their own choice, do.

There you go again. Making stuff up.

 

You’ve no evidence for these sort of claims. The truth is that adherence to the mask wearing rules is astonishingly high. For you to claim that is because they are being forced to wear them, is quite simply nonsense.

 

All that you anti-maskers are going to achieve is even stricter lockdown if you persuade people to disobey the face covering regulations

Edited by Pettytom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

There you go again. Making stuff up.

 

You’ve no evidence for these sort of claims. The truth is that adherence to the mask wearing rules is astonishingly high. For you to claim that is because they are being forced to is quite simply nonsense.

So why the need for £100 fines? Why all the complaints on here about people not wearing masks? 

I've personally spoken to lots of people who wear masks but don't want to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Yes- what is your point????

You are scared of people wearing masks.

 

You visit multiple shops a day - where people will be wearing masks - and possibly in the street as well.

 

Finding it hard to believe both of the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Longcol said:

You are scared of people wearing masks.

 

You visit multiple shops a day - where people will be wearing masks - and possibly in the street as well.

 

Finding it hard to believe both of the above.

I'm not scared of people wearing masks!!! You seem to have a real problem hearing what someone is actually saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

So why the need for £100 fines? Why all the complaints on here about people not wearing masks? 

I've personally spoken to lots of people who wear masks but don't want to. 

 

The need for fines is simple. To ensure that people comply. I’m sure there are a minority of people who don’t want to wear a mask. Just as there are a minority of people who think that theft is ok.

 

All  that you anti-maskers are going to achieve is even stricter lockdown if you persuade people to disobey the face covering regulations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

 

 

All  that you anti-maskers are going to achieve is even stricter lockdown if you persuade people to disobey the face covering regulations.

I'm not anti-mask. It would be more accurate to say I am anti-compulsory masking. And that I question the current prevailing mask narratives regarding efficacy

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The need for fines is simple. To ensure that people comply. I’m sure there are a minority of people who don’t want to wear a mask. 

 

 

OK- how do you know it is a minority? What do you mean by minority? [as a percentage of the whole- is 10% of people not wanting to mask a minority?]

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The need for fines is simple. To ensure that people comply.

If "The truth is that adherence to the mask wearing rules is astonishingly high" why the need for fines?

 

Without fines do you think adherence might get a bit low?

Edited by onewheeldave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, onewheeldave said:

I'm not anti-mask. It would be more accurate to say I am anti-compulsory masking. And that I question the current prevailing mask narratives regarding efficacy

You have every right to question their efficacy. But there are plenty of studies from internationally renowned Universities that suggest that they work.

 

They certainly can’t do any harm. So, instead of agitating on here and pushing an anti-mask agenda, why not put one on yourself and join the rest of us in trying to save some lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I'm not scared of people wearing masks!!! You seem to have a real problem hearing what someone is actually saying.

Sorry - seeing people wearing masks harms you.

 

But you put yourself in that situation multiple times a day.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

 

OK- how do you know it is a minority? What do you mean by minority? [as a percentage of the whole- is 10% of people not wanting to mask a minority?]

 

Minority is a pretty easily defined word. And yes, 10% is a minority. A big enough minority to impact on the health and safety of the other 90% though.

 

@Longcol You are in France, aren’t you?

Are there any exceptions to the mask wearing rule there. I was over in Paris last month and it seemed pretty strict.

Edited by Pettytom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Sorry - seeing people wearing masks harms you.

 

But you put yourself in that situation multiple times a day.

 

 

I'm autistic, many things in society harm us- we have a suicide rate 9x higher than the national average. I go out and I deal with things. For me, at the moment, the mask situation is far from the main harm I'm having to deal with. I'm in a better position than many other autistic people, and many other vulnerable people- I know of several clients who basically aren't going out, due to masking.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

 

 

They certainly can’t do any harm. So, instead of agitating on here and pushing an anti-mask agenda, why not put one on yourself and join the rest of us in trying to save some lives.

Well I've explained at length as to hw they can, and are, harming. You choose to disbelieve/disregard what I say- your choice. Nevertheless, repeatedly posting that they can't harm, is not going to stop me knowing they can, and do; or, communicating that to interested others.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Minority is a pretty easily defined word. And yes, 10% is a minority. A big enough minority to impact on the health and safety of the other 90% though.

So, can you accept it is possible that 10% of people wearing masks don't actually want to wear them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Minority is a pretty easily defined word. And yes, 10% is a minority. A big enough minority to impact on the health and safety of the other 90% though.

@Longcol You are in France, aren’t you?

 

Are there any exceptions to the mask wearing rule there. I was over in Paris last month and it seemed pretty strict.

Yes in France - fortunately in an area with very little covid at the moment - like most of France outside cities,

 

You'll not get into a shop / restaurant etc without a mask. They are being worn, and have been for a few months, by a good majority on most main outdoor shopping streets.

6 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

So, can you accept it is possible that 10% of people wearing masks don't actually want to wear them?

Nobody really wants to wear them.

 

Most people will wear them if they consider it is for the good of most people.

Edited by Longcol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

 

So, can you accept it is possible that 10% of people wearing masks don't actually want to wear them?

I’m willing to accept that 100% of people don’t want to wear them.

 

It’s just that 90% of the population recognise the need to wear one and do so willingly for the good of others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.