Coronavirus - Part Two.

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

There are lots of strange outliers. Look at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

especially the deaths per million column- currently 500/day+ for the UK and USA, whereas in a lot of African states in is under 10/day. Of course that could be partly attributed to less advanced tallying, but equally, it could be due to the greatly different diet/lifestyle i.e. maybe the big problem in the advanced western countries is in large part due to their toxic diet and lifestyle, resulting in obesity/type 2 diabetes/heart disease and several other chronic conditions having become almost the norm- the exact conditions which it is known makes people infected with covid far more likely to succumb to it.

I disagree that most cancer deaths are unpreventable, but I'm not going to get into that here. But heart disease is largly preventable and that also causes 450 deaths/day- obesity and type 2 diabetes are largely preventable.

But we can't turn the clock back - we start from 2020 when covid hit.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

Yes- that is what I was referring to with 'outliers'

Nothing to do with outliers. Manaus is a warning to us all. Pursue reckless public health policies and prepare to be digging mass graves.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Also, the incidence of heart disease is relatively stable. It won’t accelerate out of control unless the Government bring in compulsory lard eating.

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It’s all here 

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deaths

I know, so why are you saying 

12 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

19 on the 5th October 81 on the 10th. I do apologise, they’ve quadrupled.

when the link you've just posted has it as 54 on the 5th oct and 31 on the 10th oct?????

17 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I get my figures from the link I post-

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

which has 54 on the 5th oct and 31 on the 10th oct.

I've always posted the link to the figures I'm using, and the peak was a little under a thousand. There are good reasons to question even that figure, given that people who died with, not of covid, have been classed as covid deaths.

You can use any figures you like. The correct ones show daily deaths of over 1400/day.

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I know, so why are you saying 

when the link you've just posted has it as 54 on the 5th oct and 31 on the 10th oct?????

No, it doesn’t. My figure are straight from

the graph by date reported

I’m done with this Trumpian rewriting of the facts.

Good night 

Edited by Pettytom

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

We don't need to turn the clock back, we need to start addressing the actual cause of all these deaths, which is the appalling underlying health issues caused by the modern western diet and lifestyle, which lead directly to people dying in large numbers from a virus [covid] which, if they had less chronic conditions [heart disease, obesity, type 2 diabetes etc] would be killing far less of them.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

We don't need to turn the clock back, we need to start addressing the actual cause of all these deaths, which is the appalling underlying health issues caused by the modern western diet and lifestyle, which lead directly to people dying in large numbers from a virus [covid] which, if they had less chronic conditions [heart disease, obesity, type 2 diabetes etc] would be killing far less of them.

OK, no problem with that  - so why the denial of the huge numbers of covid related deaths then?

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You can use any figures you like. The correct ones show daily deaths of over 1400/day.

No, it doesn’t.

Yes it does!

Go, to the link you posted

10 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It’s all here 

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deaths

hover your cursor over the dates in question, and for the 5th oct you will see deaths are 54 and on the 10th, deaths are 31

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Yes it does!

Go, to the link you posted

hover your cursor over the dates in question, and for the 5th oct you will see deaths are 54 and on the 10th, deaths are 31

You hover yours over the most informative graph, which is the second one

Edited by Pettytom

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

You hover yours over the most informative graph

Which is where? Where do your figures below come from?

26 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

19 on the 5th October 81 on the 10th.

Whatever......................................

Given the increased hospitalisations and cases in ITU,  we're going to see an increase in deaths. 

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

You hover yours over the most informative graph, which is the second one

It's not,  the actual date of death is the most accurate, not the reported date.  Just look at the graphs and you see the second one is all over the place.

Some big mistakes were made lifting lockdown. Too little thinking outside the box and too much of a rush to ‘let’s get back to normal’ in September. Remember all the nonsense about children not being a risk for SPREADING Covid (I think we all know nearly all children aren’t badly affected but why on earth would they not be capable of spreading it?). Then there was more nonsense encouraging people back to the office even when they could work effectively at home.  And the impact so far of students mingling is only the tip of the iceberg.

Of course can’t stay locked down forever and these things were done with the aim of kickstarting the economy. However, it has been handled so badly the economy will I suspect suffer more badly as a result.