Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Again, spin. Utter rubbish- the wards were empty and unused [except for those few being used as intensive care for covid patients]

Your evidence for this is .........................................................................

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Because the staff and beds had largely been re-deployed to covid beds due to the pandemic.

Not true- loads of empty unused wards, loads of 'telephone consultations' rather than actual treatment and face to face appointments, patients unable to access dental treatment, GP surgerys, cancer diagnosis, cancer treatments, heart patients etc, etc.

4 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Not true- loads of empty unused wards, loads of 'telephone consultations' rather than actual treatment and face to face appointments, patients unable to access dental treatment, GP surgerys, cancer diagnosis, cancer treatments, heart patients etc, etc.

To avoid the spread of the virus perhaps?

Or would you like GP's and dentists exposed to the virus on a regular basis?

Edited by Longcol

My dentist went to one of the Sheffield hospitals to help there with The covid effort. 

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

How many different hospitals? All? Some? The odd ward?

I can find you treble the number of videos of medical staff in tears in you want.

Of course you can- the staff who were actually on the covid wards saw true horrors, I'm not denying that. But I'm talking about the patients without covid who are now unecessarily dying of cancer, and all the other patients with all the other conditions who could not get seen, and the coming huge backlog to overload the NHS in coming months

Of course you can- the staff who were actually on the covid wards saw true horrors, I'm not denying that. But I'm talking about the patients without covid who are now unecessarily dying of cancer, and all the other patients with all the other conditions who could not get seen, and the coming huge backlog to overload the NHS in coming months

Beds from other wards were re-designated as "covid" beds.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

My dentist went to one of the Sheffield hospitals to help there with The covid effort. 

Anecdotes are easy- I know of a dentist who is currently working for a gardener friend, filling in doing gardening work.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

Anecdotes are easy- I know of a dentist who is currently working for a gardener friend, filling in doing gardening work.

I saw some nurses dancing on You Tube.

Just now, Longcol said:

Beds from other wards were re-designated as "covid" beds.

Wards were empty, patients weren't allowed to come into empty hopsitals. I see quite a few consultants- they confirm what I'm saying here. You'd be surprised I think if you knew how many NHS staff think that the measures are way overblown and counter productive and harmful o patients.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

I saw some nurses dancing on You Tube.

I'm not surprised, there were quite a lot of dance videos posted, a lot of bored nurses who could have been treating patients. 

Just now, onewheeldave said:

Wards were empty, patients weren't allowed to come into empty hopsitals. I see quite a few consultants- they confirm what I'm saying here. You'd be surprised I think if you knew how many NHS staff think that the measures are way overblown and counter productive and harmful o patients.

Evidence again please.

Do you know how many staff per patients are needed in intensive care as oppossed to a general ward?

"Substantial increases in the number of avoidable cancer deaths in England are to be expected as a result of diagnostic delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK. Urgent policy interventions are necessary, particularly the need to manage the backlog within routine diagnostic services to mitigate the expected impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on patients with cancer."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(20)30388-0/fulltext

4 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I'm not surprised, there were quite a lot of dance videos posted, a lot of bored nurses who could have been treating patients. 

I think you missed my point.