Coronavirus - Part Two.

23 hours ago, butlers said:

There's a lonely anti lockdown guy outside the town hall with his banner.

The banner is touting a known hoax about test failures

Looks like the bloke has given up?  Maybe he's ill?

There's just a placard today, facing one of the old bus stops, when I passed about 12:30.  

It looks to me this Margaret Ferrier is be a modern day Guy Fawkes.

Instead of trying to blow up Parliament she was trying to infect what few MPs are sat in the Commons and The House Of Lords with the Covid.  Although I would imagine most of those who sit in The House of Lords are in isolation because of their age.

I wouldn’t put anything past those SNPs.  They are getting desperate for an independence vote.  Feckless lot they are.

I know that customers have to wear masks in shops now, but are cashiers now obliged to wear them ? I’ve been in 3 or 4 shops in Hillsborough this morning and only one assistant in Holland and Barrett’s had a mask on.

4 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I know that customers have to wear masks in shops now, but are cashiers now obliged to wear them ? I’ve been in 3 or 4 shops in Hillsborough this morning and only one assistant in Holland and Barrett’s had a mask on.

I was in our local ASDA yesterday & their  staff have been told they all  have to wear masks instead of the plastic visors.

17 hours ago, Baron99 said:

On a separate but related story on how others deal with breaching COVID-19 regulations.  Did anyone else see the story tonight on Look North about the 5 welders from Doncaster who went to work on a project in the Isle of Man?  They knew on arrival they were only to go between their accommodation & work site & no where else. 

One time they called at a shop to pick up alcohol & sausage rolls. The authorities were informed. Result. All five in court  & sentenced to two weeks in gaol. 

You don’t mess with the Isle of Man. Last place in Europe to end birching.

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

I was in our local ASDA yesterday & their  staff have been told they all  have to wear masks instead of the plastic visors.

What is the difference they both protect you don’t they ? 

12 minutes ago, pattricia said:

What is the difference they both protect you don’t they ? 

The reason the Lady I was talking to, said, because the visor didn't fit close to their face, management now wanted them to wear masks instead.

I wasn't sure If this was nation wide for ASDA or the decision was down to each manager.

Could be down to cost? are visors dearer than masks ?

48 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

The reason the Lady I was talking to, said, because the visor didn't fit close to their face, management now wanted them to wear masks instead.

I wasn't sure If this was nation wide for ASDA or the decision was down to each manager.

Could be down to cost? are visors dearer than masks ?

I do think visors are dearer than masks but it seems they can breath better in visors.

7 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I do think visors are dearer than masks but it seems they can breath better in visors.

Visors don’t offer much protection at all if worn on their own, either to or from the wearer.

The virus is airborne, you need something tight fitting around the nose and mouth, with no gaps.

Edited by nikki-red
Grammar

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

What is Cummings excellent at?

Being better at boris'job than Boris is?

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

Visors don’t offer much protection at all if worn on their own, either to or from the wearer.

The virus is airborne, you need something tight fitting around the nose and mouth, with no gaps.

Yes,  I agree nikki.

Reports now stating Margaret Ferrier also visited an number of other places as well as the HoC & travelling on trains? 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/03/infected-mp-margaret-ferrier-visited-gym-gift-shop-and-beauty-salon-on-same-day-she-got-tested-13365156/

Edited by Baron99