Coronavirus - Part Two.

What do I think ( sarky reply ) delighted.

It's plain what I think

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

And what did cause the excess deaths if not covid? The bogeyman?

I answered that already- killing the elderly by discharging other elderly with COVID into care homes might explain some or even most of it?

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Yes I do. I often disagree with doctors. I have no medical qualifications.

So your basis for not accepting the statistics based on the death certificates are.............................

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

You really want to cherry pick there, seems entirely fair to check numbers in last major recession,

Back then there was not the understanding of mental health issues we have now, I doubt that there would be any kind of accurate estimations of how suicides would be caused by unemployment.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

So your basis for not accepting the statistics based on the death certificates are.............................

That COVID was put on the death certificates when they died of something else but just happened to have COVID at the same time.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

I answered that already- killing the elderly by discharging other elderly with COVID into care homes might explain some or even most of it?

No - that is only about 20,000 excess deaths.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31199-5/fulltext

22 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No, but they are 10 times the number currently dying from COVID.

deaths per day in the uk-

cancer 450

heart attacks 460

diabetes 71

that is just 3 conditions. 

I'm just putting the number of covid deaths [34] into context

Ok fine we will play it your way.

Open everything up and pretend this never happened, no restrictions or local lockdowns or anything, back to normal yeah?

Person A- Mmmm, I'm sure I didn't have that lump the other day, I will call my doctors. Sorry we are closed as there are no GP's  available, one has died, one is on a ventilator and the other 2 are self isolating due to displaying  covid symtoms. The 2 locums we use are also self isolating.

Mmmm, ok I will take myself off to A  & E, Hello is that abcd taxis? Yes where do you want to go? A & E,  yeah no problem there is a 6 hour wait though is that ok? 6 hours? yeah most of our drivers are off sick with covid. Oh ok i'll wait.

8 hours later at A & E. OMG its closed, Knock Knock on door. Why are you closed? limited access mate, we are on skeleton staff due to covid and have very limited beds and space.

Do you see where I am going with that? 

Edited by Dardandec

I do wonder what choices are going to be available if no vaccine turns up by spring.

Short of " sending to Eyam" the 2 million was it who are highly vunerable

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Back then there was not the understanding of mental health issues we have now, I doubt that there would be any kind of accurate estimations of how suicides would be caused by unemployment.

Go find the suicide stats then - doesn't matter if they were caused by unemployment or not.

2 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Ok fine we will play it your way.

Open everything up and pretend this never happened, no restrictions or local lockdowns or anything, back to normal yeah?

Person A- Mmmm, I'm sure I didn't have that lump the other day, I will call my doctors. Sorry we are closed as there are no GP's  available, one has died, one is on a ventilator and the other 2 are self isolating due to dispalying  covid symtoms. The 2 locums we us are also self isolating.

Mmmm, ok I will take myself of to A  & E, Hello is that abcd taxis? Yes where do you want to go? A & E,  yeah no problem there is a 6 hour wait though is that ok? 6 hours? yeah most of our drivers are off sick with covid. Oh ok i'll wait.

8 hours later at A & E. OMG its closed, Knock Knock on door. Why are you closed? limited access mate, we are on skeleton staff due to covid and have very limited beds and space.

Do you see where I am going with that? 

It sounds like a scene from the last lockdown when patients where denied access to medical care despite most of the hospitals being empty- waiting for the 'overwhelmed by COVID NHS' that never materialised.

Don't make me wander off and find it,I need a tea anyhow.

It would not. surprise me if there statistics relating to premature death increase  by percent of unemployment.A ball park.

The 80 s were big boys don't cry much to men's disavantage ,things are more open now ,more help and listening ears are available, lean on a friend

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Go find the suicide stats then - doesn't matter if they were caused by unemployment or not.

I'm not interested in suicide stats from the eighties- it was forty years ago, society is very different now.