Coronavirus - Part Two.

The increase in using masks is probably necessary and overdue if you take any notice of what seems to have happened in the U.S and other countries who failed to control relaxations.

Guest makapaka
Just now, Pettytom said:

Where did I say any of that? 

Except for in your head.

You said there were 4000 cases that could be trebled.

that would mean there were 12000 active cases of a virus in a city of 500000 - so circa 1/45. 

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You said there were 4000 cases that could be trebled.

that would mean there were 12000 active cases of a virus in a city of 500000 - so circa 1/45. 

I said that there were 4033 confirmed cases in Sheffield. and that you could probably treble that 

Everything else is a product of your fevered imagination 

Edited by Pettytom

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I said that there were 4033 confirmed cases in Sheffield.

Everything else is a product of your fevered imagination 

You’re on the wind up aren’t you. I get it now.

nice one.

on ignore.

Edited by makapaka

14 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You’re on the wind up aren’t you. I get it now.

nice one.

on ignore.

Not even a little bit.

I’m simply providing you with facts.

You seem to find them difficult to deal with.

You’ll be wearing a face covering  within a few days, just like all Europeans.

We British have a tendency to be too self-conscious about our appearence, and how we appear to others. 

I can be just as guilty, it's a form of vanity in a way. 

Felt a bit silly wearing a face mask at first when I went into Town the other day on the bus. 

Soon got over the embarrassment when I saw so many other people wearing them though and knew I was doing the sensible thing,  by protecting myself and others 

So start wearing that face covering Makapaka, you'll soon get used to it.

The bickering and personal arguments end here. 
If you can’t disagree with someone and stay civil then please don’t post.

7 hours ago, Longcol said:

It's simply a matter of respect for your fellow citizens. Some people seem to have difficulty with the concept.

No, it's a matter of life and death.

Not only in terms of contracting Cv-19.  Many have died being denied cancer treatment in this country and the list will get bigger until the virus is under control.

Edited by Lex Luthor

Well I did my shop this morning not that many people wearing masks though, took me a little longer than usual as I had to keep stopping and taking my glasses off,  they kept steaming because I was wearing a mask.

Edited by iansheff

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

No, it's a matter of life and death.

Not only in terms of contracting Cv-19.  Many have died being denied cancer treatment in this country and the list will get bigger until the virus is under control.

Correct.  It's interesting to note that despite all we've done to mitigate the effects of the virus, the falling number of deaths, the actual average R rate across the UK is still the same as it was a couple of months ago, 0.7 - 0.9.

We are still perilously close to giving the virus the opportunity to run out of control again.  

So we are going to be dictated to about face coverings then??? simply a comfort blanket for the anxious pretty much especially as it wont be compulsory in other places  like pubs, restaurants, gyms etc. what is the point in shops when most places have the plastic barriers anyway.

in any case the virus is not as widespread now and 98.5% of people recover without problem, so what is the point? it seems also to be a political decision to appease.

Edited by casualbystander

i

I hope you do not become one of 1.5% who do not recover should you contract it.