Coronavirus - Part Two.

20 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I think people won’t be arsed.

why do I want to walk around a clothes shop with my family all wearing a mask looking like we’re in Chernobyl,  when we can just order online.

I’ll have to wear one going the local Sainsbury’s - the same Sainsbury’s where I’ve walked in for the last 3 months without getting coronavirus in a city of half a million where about 70 people have it currently.

I won’t bother going in any other non essential shops though- the ones we finally reopened just a few weeks ago. 

what’s point?

There are currently 4033 confirmed cases of Covid 19 in Sheffield. You can almost certainly treble that figure to get a realistic estimate. That’s enough to worry about.

Covering your face protects others if you have the virus.

Covering your face is easy to do.

I can’t see any argument for not covering your face. Except, possibly extreme arseiness, or disregard for the health of others

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Who said anything about wearing one elsewhere? you don't want to wear one period, that's fine, don't wear one, lets have restrictions forever. 

What are you on about - they’re requisite in any shop.

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

There are currently 4033 confirmed cases of Covid 19 in Sheffield. You can almost certainly treble that figure to get a realistic estimate. That’s enough to worry about.

Covering your face protects others if you have the virus.

Covering your face is easy to do.

I can’t see any argument for not covering your face. Except, possibly extreme arseiness, or disregard for the health of others

You really need to understand the difference between recorded cases and current cases it would make you feel a lot better.

we would have more cases than Leicester based on your figures.

Just now, makapaka said:

You really need to understand the difference between recorded cases and current cases it would make you feel a lot better.

we would have more cases than Leicester based on your figures.

I understand perfectly thank you.

In return, you need to understand the importance of face coverings and their efficacy. You wear one to protect others. The number of times that you have been to Sainsbury’s and survived is irrelevant.

18 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Jesus wept.

ill wear one when I go supermarket to buy food and essentials because we need them and that’s what I’m now legally required to do.

Why would I do it to go to a non essential shop? 

Presumably because there are other humans in these shops. Some of whom could be asymptomatic carriers - and for all they know, you might be.

Guest makapaka
5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I understand perfectly thank you.

In return, you need to understand the importance of face coverings and their efficacy. You wear one to protect others. The number of times that you have been to Sainsbury’s and survived is irrelevant.

You’re literally saying there is a 1/45 proportion of infection in this city - in a country with a 1/4000 infection rate.

and we’re all just carrying on. That would probably mean about 30 people on my street currently had it.

and you’re telling me I don’t understand. Give over. 

Edited by makapaka

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Presumably because there are other humans in these shops. Some of whom could be asymptomatic carriers - and for all they know, you might be.

Your last eight words are key

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The point being I won’t bother to go!! 

not go and not wear a mask. 

bye bye non essential shop.

Edited by makapaka

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

Your last eight words are key

It's simply a matter of respect for your fellow citizens. Some people seem to have difficulty with the concept.

Just now, Longcol said:

It's simply a matter of respect for your fellow citizens. Some people seem to have difficulty with the concept.

I really can’t see the problem. Even Trump is wearing a face covering.

You are right, it is a matter of respect for others. Anyone refusing to perform such a simple courtesy is aligning themselves with Bolsanaro. That’s not a good place to be.

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

But you have to factor behaviour in.

people won’t bother to go to places as a consequence.

so it will have a massive impact on the economy.

I won’t not wear a mask in certain shops - I won’t go there in the first place - because I might as well sit in my house and buy whatever I need from there - rather than walk round a shop wearing a face mask.

Edited by makapaka

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You’re literally saying there is a 1/45 proportion of infection in this city - in a country with a 1/4000 infection rate.

and we’re all just carrying on. That would probably mean about 30 people on my street currently had it.

and you’re telling me I don’t understand. Give over. 

Where did I say any of that? 

Except for in your head.