Coronavirus - Part Two.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Another day. 

Another supermarket run. 

I'm happy to report again that there was hardly a mask in sight.. 

Happy Days!!! 

I don’t know where you keep going but I went to Morrisons at Ecclesfield this morning, it was very busy (queuing down some aisles for the tills) and I only saw 6 adults without masks, one being a staff member.

17 minutes ago, RJRB said:

At the outset doctors and hospital staff could not source the high grade PPE that they thought was essential.

It's worse than that. Before the pandemic arrived in the UK, one of the committees (NERVTAG?) advising the government said frontline NHS staff should wear surgical masks to protect themselves. Nobody had ever previously considered surgical masks as a form of PPE. So for over a year (?I think?), some NHS staff were being offered surgical masks when they should have been given 'high grade PPE'.

Edited by Carbuncle

13 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So we can agree that the vaccinated are spreading the new variant? 

As are those:

Who have had Covid.

Will soon develop Covid

Those with one jab

Two jabs

Three jabs+

False positives

False negatives

Those who have come in contact in recent hours etc.

There is not one 100% defence against Covid.

There are Trump defences(i.e.0% effective)

There are several small defences you can take yourself(10,  20,  30, 40%)

There are some big defences you can take from the medics like vaccination(80%+) 

Think of it like looking at the Sun, some of you sun glasses are OK, some poor, some are good but none are good enough but the more sun glasses you put on the less risk you run. You look stupid, even inconvenient but reduces your risk massively*.

Of course if you remove the Sun there is much less risk-like people having Vaccine Passports.

There is also the protective response of your own body- a risk  of potentially none, so you sicken or die.

A Vaccine Passport adds another layer of defence in that you are less likely to come across people like you.

*substitute  condoms for sunglasses and babies for the Sun in a similar analogy-     No! Not over your eyes Tops!

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Never before have we sacrificed personal freedoms to anywhere like the extent we are doing now, never, ever.

Tell that to those in 1939 - 45 who had nothing, but carried on and did there best, you dont half talk some twaddle, all over being asked to weara bit of cloth over yer gob

44 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Bit like Boris Johnson then !

finally something we agree on

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Another day. 

Another supermarket run. 

I'm happy to report again that there was hardly a mask in sight.. 

Happy Days!!! 

i call you out on your bull****, unless youre frequenting some magic weirdo frequenting shop, everybody else sees the majority masked

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

i call you out on your bull****, unless youre frequenting some magic weirdo frequenting shop, everybody else sees the majority masked

😂

Oh you do make me laugh. 

On 30/11/2021 at 13:22, RJRB said:

Well that’s very strange .

Just returned from Morrison’s Hillsborough .As usual it was pretty busy and all the customers were wearing a mask.This is not fiction or an exaggeration.

The only exception was a toddler in a push chair and a lady wearing a scarf over her face rather than a mask.

As for the staff I would estimate that only 25% were wearing them.

This is just a simple comment without comment on the rights and wrongs of mask wearing.

Just going back to this...whats wrong with wearing a scarf? The legislation clearly says "face covering", of which a scarf is perfectly acceptable. It probably has the same number of holes in it as all the other masks people choose to wear, too.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just going back to this...whats wrong with wearing a scarf? The legislation clearly says "face covering", of which a scarf is perfectly acceptable. It probably has the same number of holes in it as all the other masks people choose to wear, too.

I was only making a distinction for accuracies sake.

However on reflection I would suggest that a FFP3 mask is likely to offer more protection than a Primark scarf.

Legislation can be “a ass”.

Edited by RJRB

Just now, RJRB said:

I was only making a distinction for accuracies sake.

However on reflection I would suggest that a FFP3 mask is likely to offer more protection than a Primark scarf.

Indeed, but as the law says "face covering" it can be any old tat on your face and its fine.

Very handy to use a scarf in this weather tbh, well played that woman. Round the neck when outdoors, pull it up to go in the shops.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Indeed, but as the law says "face covering" it can be any old tat on your face and its fine.

Very handy to use a scarf in this weather tbh, well played that woman. Round the neck when outdoors, pull it up to go in the shops.

I am not a big fan of paying lip service just to get by.

And that is your choice. I am certainly not going to admonish (in my head) anyone choosing to wrap a scarf around the lower part of their face., its probably more suitable than some "masks" out there.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And that is your choice. I am certainly not going to admonish (in my head) anyone choosing to wrap a scarf around the lower part of their face., its probably more suitable than some "masks" out there.

Me neither,nor anyone not wearing any covering.