Coronavirus - Part Two.

18 minutes ago, makapaka said:

This whole exchange is modern Britain to a tee - nation of weirdoes.

Whats weird about caring for others ?

5 hours ago, top4718 said:

I'm not bothered in the slightest how many do and how many don't its personal choice, I've made the choice not to as they don't work and the logic behind the current mandate is laughable.

A lot of people wear them due to peer pressure rather than any fear of the virus.

That’s true but a lot of people don’t wear them due to peer pressure rather than having no fear of the virus.

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I think you've got that quotation wrong, but, whilst we're changing them, how about..... Actually I was going make up a  moral in response, but I thought this is getting personal and insulting. So I'm not going to bother.

I went into Wilko at Hillsborough then deliberately walked through the arcade to do some more freedom fighting. It must sadly be admitted that most people were wearing masks, possibly about 80% BUT it was by no means everyone. It was like it was at the tail end of the last mask mandate. That is important, they have made no advance, we do have something to build on, and it will hopefully get better from here. 

Oh dear. That wasn't freedom fighting, that was just you walking through the arcade at Hillsborough, making zero impact. Please don't associate your trivial actions with those who have made sacrifices to fight for their freedom.

Guest makapaka
48 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Whats weird about caring for others ?

I was talking about the bizarre link to the brexit vote.

also if you’re wearing a mask in the shops/transport - then unless you’re wearing them everywhere else bar your home - you’re not really caring for others.

and given the government has only mandated them in shops and transport / there must be a lot of people that aren’t “caring for others”.

Edited by makapaka

33 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I was talking about the bizarre link to the brexit vote.

also if you’re wearing a mask in the shops/transport - then unless you’re wearing them everywhere else bar your home - you’re not really caring for others.

and given the government has only mandated them in shops and transport / there must be a lot of people that aren’t “caring for others”.

What are you doing ? And someone else brought brexit up . I just answered 

Edited by hackey lad

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

For clarity

Guess what. I stand by that post too 😁

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Bravo . Was going to look for that but couldnt be bothered knowing that he will make some lame excuse 

Course you were 😂

On 27/11/2021 at 23:00, top4718 said:

No, selfishness is following a cult centered around a mild illness whilst people miss cancer screenings, mental health goes through the roof, kids have virtually no future to look forward to, businesses go to the wall etc etc etc.

That's selfish my friend.

You do know that people are having their cancer operations cancelled because ICU beds are taken up with people who haven't had the covid vaccine.

I read on facebook (so it must be true) that the Humber bridge has been closed to pedestrians because there have been so many suicides jumping  off. Mental  health problems are going through the roof...

22 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Guess what. I stand by that post too 😁

Course you were 😂

I was and I was right about your lame reply. 

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

I read on facebook (so it must be true) that the Humber bridge has been closed to pedestrians because there have been so many suicides jumping  off. Mental  health problems are going through the roof...

Please stop it 

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not sure about Humberside, but the BMJ are cautiously suggesting that suicide rate have not risen during the pandemic

What has been the effect of covid-19 on suicide rates? | The BMJ

Samaritans are also confirming this report from BMJ

Edited by Mister M

The pedestrian access for the Humber Bridge was closed for a few weeks back in April 

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

I wonder if there is a correlation between the anti maskers and Brexiteers.... I bet it's quite high.

I was listening to some of the debate in the House of Commons today, and all these Tories, foaming at the mouth, and going bat **** crazy about having to wear a bit of cloth over their faces to help reduce the transmission of a deadly disease, are exactly the same ones before the referendum mocking people about the consequences of Brexit, calling them 'snowflakes' and accusing them of being spiness - "where's your Blitz spirit'.

Those numpties wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes in the WW2 Blitz.

I don't think the blitz spirit was doing what the Tories and MSM tell you without question even though its illogical nonsense.