Coronavirus - Part Two.

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:
38 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

As an example I read some geezer on a forum say he thought Covid "was bigger than WWII".

Err no :

They reckon up to 85 million died as a result of WWII. But the world population in 1939 was about 2 billion, now it's 8 billion, four times higher. So, for it to be a comparative number of deaths we'd need 340 million. 
But the average age of death in the war was much younger. A far higher percentage of UK deaths in WWII were service personnel. In the UK 1939 people could expect to live to 62, though, of course, those who got as far as late 20s would have a life expectancy beyond that, possibly late 60s ? So people who died in WWII would lose about 40 years off their lives.
For Covid it is very different. The average age of death from Covid is 82.4, but people who reach 82 can still expect to live, on average, about another 6 or 7 years, which is about one sixth of the WWII figure.
UK population in 1939 = 41 million, and in 2020 = 67 million = plus 43%
So to equate Covid to WWII in the UK : approx 450,000 British lost their lives as a result of WWII but to equate we would require 714,000 Covid deaths, but that takes no account of years lost from ones life, so to do that we'd need to multiply 714K by 6 which would give 4.3 million deaths.

Worldwide we have about 5.3 million have died with/of Covid

As of the moment 145,000 people in the UK have died of Covid, but a significant percentage of them will have died with Covid, at least 25%. So we have about 110,000.

Tinky Winky is purple not green.

15 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Absolute nonsense.

According to a survey carried out by YouGov confirms what I said. YouGov findings even reported in Daily Mail!

The Brexit mask divide: Leave voters more likely to ditch face coverings when laws are axed | Daily Mail Online

9 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

If anything on here is to go by the its probably the other way round. The happy mask wearers on here seem in the majority to be the remainers as they like feeling and being superior.

Not according to empirical evidence

Edited by Mister M

10 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

>>Carbuncle has just implied, or said explicitly, that everyone who had a positive Covid test when they died, died of Covid (i.e. it was Covid that killed them and they would not have died had they not had Covid). Please correct me if I have got the wrong impression....<<

And yet another strawman. I said no such thing.

OK what did you say ?

What percentage of those who died within 28 days of a positive Covid test do you think actually died of Covid (i.e. they died from Covid and would not have died had they not had Covid within 28 days of their death ?

Or, to put it another way, in your opinion, what percentage of people who died within 28 days of a positive Covid test would have died anyway even had they not had Covid ?

I said, and provided evidence, that it's probably about 75% actually died of Covid (rather than with Covid) and you disagreed, so what percentage is it then ?

Edited by Chekhov

Isn't it widely held there was a big under report at the start of the outbreak ?

And isn't the died with covid number up nearer  180,000

Edited by butlers

19 minutes ago, butlers said:

Isn't it widely held there was a big under report at the start of the outbreak ?

And isn't the died with covid number up nearer  180,000

For the period of the pandemic, excess mortality is around 125k and there was no flu season in Winter 2020/21. 'Deaths with covid' are at 145k. Deaths with covid-19 on the death certificate are at 168k.

Edited by Carbuncle

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Laughs at people with medical conditions and then plays the victim card. 

Bravo 

Nice lie you got going on there. 

Bravo to you too. 

22 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I laugh at people who bend the knee to all things convid. 

I laugh at the virtue signallers. 

I laugh at the ridiculous rules imposed that make no sense. 

I laugh at the hypocritical politicians who say "Do as I say not as I do". 

I laugh at many things

For clarity 😉

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Absolute nonsense. I'm a Leave voter and support mask wearing.  Mask wearing and Brexit have nothing in common.

Same here . Keep it up 

49 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

If anything on here is to go by the its probably the other way round. The happy mask wearers on here seem in the majority to be the remainers as they like feeling and being superior.

Wrong again

23 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I'll try. 

Long Covid 😂😂

Nope, couldn't do it. 🤣

I'm the same whenever a new "variant" comes out. It always gives me a giggle what they will come up with next. 

For clarity

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

For clarity

Bravo . Was going to look for that but couldnt be bothered knowing that he will make some lame excuse 

Guest makapaka
24 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Same here . Keep it up 

Wrong again

This whole exchange is modern Britain to a tee - nation of weirdoes.