Jump to content
The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Coronavirus - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just seen on the BBC news that they are reporting, (that means it's already been leaked to them), that face coverings are to become mandatory when entering retail outlets. 

 

I wonder if this is the same kind of mandatory wearing that takes place, (or in many cases, according to my wife, doesn't take place), on public transport, with an endless list of exemptions for those who don't have to wear face coverings or those who apparently just can't be bothered but never are challenged? 

I wonder if the staff will bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Taken off BBC news.

Wearing a face covering in shops and supermarkets in England is to become mandatory from 24 July.

Those who fail to comply with the new rules will face a fine of up to £100, the government is to announce.

I take it the virus is stopping spreading between now and the 24th.

Edited by iansheff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just seen on the BBC news that they are reporting, (that means it's already been leaked to them), that face coverings are to become mandatory when entering retail outlets. 

 

I wonder if this is the same kind of mandatory wearing that takes place, (or in many cases, according to my wife, doesn't take place), on public transport, with an endless list of exemptions for those who don't have to wear face coverings or those who apparently just can't be bothered but never are challenged? 

There you go - I’m glad I don’t own a small business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Taken off BBC news.

Wearing a face covering in shops and supermarkets in England is to become mandatory from 24 July.

Those who fail to comply with the new rules will face a fine of up to £100, the government is to announce.

I take it the virus is stopping spreading between now and the 24th.

Yeah, I'm sure the minimum wage shop assistants will enforce that.

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

There you go - I’m glad I don’t own a small business.

I think small businesses might not have as much hassle as the big chains. It's going to be quite varied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Yeah, I'm sure the minimum wage shop assistants will enforce that.

They’re not being asked to.

 

theyll be out of a job in a few months though so won’t have to worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yeah, I'm sure the minimum wage shop assistants will enforce that.

I think small businesses might not have as much hassle as the big chains. It's going to be quite varied.

Not enough people will go the shops mate - other than for essentials.

 

We’re decimating our economy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Not enough people will go the shops mate - other than for essentials.

 

We’re decimating our economy.

 

 

Will it make that much difference? I'm not not going shopping because I have to wear mask, I'm not going shopping because a) I hate shopping b) skint. 

 

Compared with Europe we are well behind the curve but then again probably most European countries don't have a leader who compared people who covered their face for religious reasons to bank robbers.

 

BBC News - Coronavirus: Who should wear a face mask or face covering?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344

 

I feel very very self conscious wearing a mask, but I feel quite self conscious wearing sunglasses outside of a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Will it make that much difference? I'm not not going shopping because I have to wear mask, I'm not going shopping because a) I hate shopping b) skint. 

 

Compared with Europe we are well behind the curve but then again probably most European countries don't have a leader who compared people who covered their face for religious reasons to bank robbers.

 

BBC News - Coronavirus: Who should wear a face mask or face covering?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344

 

I feel very very self conscious wearing a mask, but I feel quite self conscious wearing sunglasses outside of a car.

I think people won’t be arsed.

 

why do I want to walk around a clothes shop with my family all wearing a mask looking like we’re in Chernobyl,  when we can just order online.

 

I’ll have to wear one going the local Sainsbury’s - the same Sainsbury’s where I’ve walked in for the last 3 months without getting coronavirus in a city of half a million where about 70 people have it currently.

 

I won’t bother going in any other non essential shops though- the ones we finally reopened just a few weeks ago. 
 

what’s point?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree this is yet another blow to our retail shops.

 

A lot of people find wearing a mask uncomfortable and given a choice will stay at home and order online.

 

Not long ago they were saying wearing a mask makes no difference.

 

God help our high streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I think people won’t be arsed.

 

why do I want to walk around a clothes shop with my family all wearing a mask looking like we’re in Chernobyl,  when we can just order online.

 

I’ll have to wear one going the local Sainsbury’s - the same Sainsbury’s where I’ve walked in for the last 3 months without getting coronavirus in a city of half a million where about 70 people have it currently.

 

I won’t bother going in any other non essential shops though- the ones we finally reopened just a few weeks ago. 
 

what’s point?

 

If you don't want to wear a mask that's fine, but the only way to combat covid at the moment is teamwork. If you don't want to be part of that team then that's fine also, just don't come here moaning in forty years about restrictions still being in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dardandec said:

If you don't want to wear a mask that's fine, but the only way to combat covid at the moment is teamwork. If you don't want to be part of that team then that's fine also, just don't come here moaning in forty years about restrictions still being in place.

Jesus wept.

 

ill wear one when I go supermarket to buy food and essentials because we need them and that’s what I’m now legally required to do.

 

Why would I do it to go to a non essential shop? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Jesus wept.

 

ill wear one when I go supermarket to buy food and essentials because we need them and that’s what I’m now legally required to do.

 

Why would I do it to go to a non essential shop? 

 

 

Who said anything about wearing one elsewhere? you don't want to wear one period, that's fine, don't wear one, lets have restrictions forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.