Coronavirus - Part Two.

32 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I read on facebook (so it must be true) that the Humber bridge has been closed to pedestrians because there have been so many suicides jumping  off. Mental  health problems are going through the roof...

It was closed for a few weeks in April/May due to a few sad incidents.

"But the tragic loss of life along the bridge has been a chronic problem for more than a decade, requiring investment in long-term infrastructure and intervention measures. Banning people on foot or a bike from crossing the bridge was only ever a knee-jerk reaction which didn’t address the causes or long-term solutions”

https://www.cyclinguk.org/news/humber-bridge-reopens-cyclists-and-pedestrians

Edited by nikki-red

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Not sure about Humberside, but the BMJ are cautiously suggesting that suicide rate have not risen during the pandemic

What has been the effect of covid-19 on suicide rates? | The BMJ

Samaritans are also confirming this report from BMJ

You really have been taken in by the propaganda and manipulated statistics in all of this, everything I've seen you post is carefully collated to fool the gullible and you have the cheek to try and claim some intellectual superiority, its quite frightening actually.

The article you've linked there is from March the ONS hasn't updated its UK suicide rates since July, I wonder why that could be??? Proves how very easy it is to twist stats for the benefit of the Covid lie though. 

Edited by top4718

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

You really have been taken in by the propaganda and manipulated statistics in all of this, everything I've seen you post is carefully collated to fool the gullible and you have the cheek to try and claim some intellectual superiority, its quite frightening actually.

"Everything I've post  is carefully collated to fool the gullible"....Well thankfully you're here to tell everyone else, public health experts included, why they're wrong - in a non intellectually superior way of course. 🙄

15 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The article you've linked there is from March the ONS hasn't updated its UK suicide rates since July, I wonder why that could be??? Proves how very easy it is to twist stats for the benefit of the Covid lie though. 

probably to fool the gullible. 

The answer to your question is in the article from the BMJ I linked in post 12485. Hope it's sufficient for you.

Edited by Mister M

11 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I had to laugh at your comment on the football forum regarding the alert first aiders who were now needed more often because of your suggested adverse Vaccine reactions .This of course followed on from  your line on footballers heart problems .........when they did not have the vaccine.

So who is trying to appeal to the gullible.

21 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Perhaps because they are compiled quarterly and in arrears eg it appears April - June stats released early September;

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ons-england-government-samaritans-wales-b954050.html

So we can expect the July - September stats in the next week or so.

26 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I'm going to say the conspirashepherds and the conspirasheeple.

44 minutes ago, Mister M said:

probably to fool the gullible. 

The answer to your question is in the article from the BMJ I linked in post 12485. Hope it's sufficient for you.

You really are hard work, the BMJ article is from March, the suicide rates have not been updated since July 2020. The article is out of date and inaccurate.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You really are hard work, the BMJ article is from March, the suicide rates have not been updated since July 2020. The article is out of date and inaccurate.

Where did these stats for 2021 come from then?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ons-england-government-samaritans-wales-b954050.html

43 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I had to laugh at your comment on the football forum regarding the alert first aiders who were now needed more often because of your suggested adverse Vaccine reactions .This of course followed on from  your line on footballers heart problems .........when they did not have the vaccine.

You obviously see what you want to see, I said first aiders were on higher alert due to a number of people in crowds collapsing in recent weeks not that they were "needed more". The juries out on whether these footballers had had the vaccine (The Star ran a headline saying all SUFC players had a few weeks before) so one article or another isn't true, lets see if there are any more incidents in the coming weeks.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Where did these stats for 2021 come from then?

Using the Evening Standard for "facts", come on 🤣

Riddle me this - the only people allowed to fly at the moment are the vaccinated or people with negative tests (although some have dropped this) if the latest variant is spreading worldwide then it can only be the vaccinated that are spreading it, proof if anymore were needed that vaccine passports are an absolute joke.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Using the Evening Standard for "facts", come on 🤣

They're quoting ONS as the source and including a tweet from ONS in the story - you know the same ONS you said hadn't produced stats since July 2020.

No fan of the Evening Standard but it's more reliable than social media where you appear to get your "facts" from.

Edited by Longcol