Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

This 👆

Bullying too in my opinion. As this thread highlights the pro jab group appear to be  the pro bully group too. 

Laughs at people with medical conditions and then plays the victim card. 

Bravo 

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

A lot of people wear them due to peer pressure rather than any fear of the virus.

That is absolutely true. Many others do because they are pressured into doing it, even when masks weren't mandated, there were loads of places using forms of words that implied one had to wear a mask. These over cautious people will have us wearing masks forever, especially every winter. "Oh we have to reduce the flu toll, wear masks", I feared this from when masks were mandated in June 2020. Just be strong, don;t let these people force us to do stuff we do not want to do particularly when the evidence for it is so flimsy.

If any member of the public had the nerve to tell me to put a mask on I would say, if you are frightened of Covid I would recommend you get vaccinated. They will reply I am vaccinated, so my response would be I would advise you to study risk probability, and if doing that fails to increase your confidence I would advise psychological help.

Edited by Chekhov

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Sorry where have I lied ?

I don't know if it is intentional but the following is false:

14 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

As of the moment 145,000 people in the UK have died of Covid, but a significant percentage of them will have died with Covid, at least 25%. So we have about 110,000.

And so is this:

14 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Worldwide we have about 5.3 million have died with/of Covid

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Absolute nonsense. I'm a Leave voter and support mask wearing.  Mask wearing and Brexit have nothing in common.

Judging by the HoC I'd say there seems to be a correlation.

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I wonder if there is a correlation between the anti maskers and Brexiteers.... I bet it's quite high.

I was listening to some of the debate in the House of Commons today, and all these Tories, foaming at the mouth, and going bat **** crazy about having to wear a bit of cloth over their faces to help reduce the transmission of a deadly disease, are exactly the same ones before the referendum mocking people about the consequences of Brexit, calling them 'snowflakes' and accusing them of being spiness - "where's your Blitz spirit'.

Those numpties wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes in the WW2 Blitz.

You are wrong. Up to this pandemic the single most important thing to me was Brexit, as in I thought the referendum was won on a load of lies and I was desperate to stay in the EU. I would have voted for any party which would have kept us in the EU. But now, how we have had our freedoms stolen from us trumps everything, Brexit is of little consequence to me now, a mere bump in the firmament. I have never voted Tory before but I will never vote Labour again, ever. Those *******s would have had us wearing masks right through the summer and possibly forever (even if it's just over each winter) and almost certainly vaccine passports even if they magnanimously allowed a negative Covid test to qualify.

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:
15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I wonder if there is a correlation between the anti maskers and Brexiteers.... I bet it's quite high.

I was listening to some of the debate in the House of Commons today, and all these Tories, foaming at the mouth, and going bat **** crazy about having to wear a bit of cloth over their faces to help reduce the transmission of a deadly disease, are exactly the same ones before the referendum mocking people about the consequences of Brexit, calling them 'snowflakes' and accusing them of being spiness - "where's your Blitz spirit'.

Those numpties wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes in the WW2 Blitz.

You are wrong. Up to this pandemic the single most important thing to me was Brexit, as in I thought the referendum was won on a load of lies and I was desperate to stay in the EU. I would have voted for any party which would have kept us in the EU. But now, how we have had our freedoms stolen from us trumps everything, Brexit is of little consequence to me now, a mere bump in the firmament. I have never voted Tory before but I will never vote Labour again, ever. Those *******s would have had us wearing masks right through the summer and possibly forever (even if it's just over each winter) and almost certainly vaccine passports even if they magnanimously allowed a negative Covid test to qualify.

Your cooperation is not required for there to be a correlation.

Edited by Carbuncle

9 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I don't know if it is intentional but the following is false:

>>As of the moment 145,000 people in the UK have died of Covid, but a significant percentage of them will have died with Covid, at least 25%. So we have about 110,000<<

144,969 UK Deaths [from whatever cause] within 28 days of positive test by date of death

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Quarter of Covid deaths not caused by virus, new figures show
Calls to speed up roadmap as data records people dying 'with' disease rather than 'from' it
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/13/quarter-covid-deaths-not-caused-virus/
The Daily Telegraph 14 Apr 21

Are you big enough to apologise, that's the question ?

But even if it is the full, 145,000 that's to be compared to either 714,000 or 4.3 million, depending on if we are taking into account years of life lost or not.

UK population in 1939 = 41 million, and in 2020 = 67 million = plus 43%
So to equate Covid to WWII in the UK : approx 450,000 British lost their lives as a result of WWII but to equate we would require 714,000 Covid deaths, but that takes no account of years lost from ones life, so to do that we'd need to multiply 714K by 6 which would give 4.3 million deaths.

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

144,969 UK Deaths [from whatever cause] within 28 days of positive test by date of death

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Quarter of Covid deaths not caused by virus, new figures show
Calls to speed up roadmap as data records people dying 'with' disease rather than 'from' it
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/13/quarter-covid-deaths-not-caused-virus/
The Daily Telegraph 14 Apr 21

Are you big enough to apologise, that's the question ?

Not only am I not going to apologise I am not going to click your link to the Telegraph. The 25% is bunk.

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But even if it is the full, 145,000 that's to be compared to either 714,000 or 4.3 million, depending on if we are taking into account years of life lost or not.

So to equate Covid to WWII in the UK : approx 450,000 British lost their lives as a result of WWII but to equate we would require 714,000 Covid deaths, but that takes no account of years lost from ones life, so to do that we'd need to multiply 714K by 6 which would give 4.3 million deaths.

And we have another strawman.

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Not only am I not going to apologise I am not going to click your link to the Telegraph. The 25% is bunk.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Carbuncle has just implied, or said explicitly, that everyone who had a positive Covid test when they died, died of Covid (i.e. it was Covid that killed them and they would not have died had they not had Covid). Please correct me if I have got the wrong impression....

It has occurred to me more than once that if they tested every single person who died for any trace of flu virus the flu death toll would be MASSIVE.

Just now, Chekhov said:

Carbuncle has just implied, or said explicitly, that everyone who had a positive Covid test when they died, died of Covid (i.e. it was Covid that killed them and they would not have died had they not had Covid). Please correct me if I have got the wrong impression....

And yet another strawman. I said no such thing.

38 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

As an example I read some geezer on a forum say he thought Covid "was bigger than WWII".

Err no :

They reckon up to 85 million died as a result of WWII. But the world population in 1939 was about 2 billion, now it's 8 billion, four times higher. So, for it to be a comparative number of deaths we'd need 340 million
But the average age of death in the war was much younger. A far higher percentage of UK deaths in WWII were service personnel. In the UK 1939 people could expect to live to 62, though, of course, those who got as far as late 20s would have a life expectancy beyond that, possibly late 60s ? So people who died in WWII would lose about 40 years off their lives.
For Covid it is very different. The average age of death from Covid is 82.4, but people who reach 82 can still expect to live, on average, about another 6 or 7 years, which is about one sixth of the WWII figure.

Worldwide we have about 5.3 million have died with/of Covid

As of the moment 145,000 people in the UK have died of Covid, but a significant percentage of them will have died with Covid, at least 25%. So we have about 110,000.

5 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

And yet another strawman. I said no such thing.

It is not a strawman argument, though to be fair the person who made that assertion (about Covid being bigger than WWII) then said [after I made the above reply] "I meant the economic damage done by Covid was bigger than WWII".

I actually agreed with him that is entirely possible which therefore proves that Covid suppression really is the biggest over reaction in history.

Edited by Chekhov

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If anything on here is to go by the its probably the other way round. The happy mask wearers on here seem in the majority to be the remainers as they like feeling and being superior.