Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

5 July 21, apparently, up to 70% of Britons wanted masks kept mandatory on Public transport :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/05/masks-should-remain-mandatory-on-public-transport-say-english-mayors-covid

21 Sept 21 :

Only 20% of rail passengers are still wearing masks at train stations in England now that it is no longer compulsory, according to Network Rail.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58641989

Like most of these ludicrous Covid suppression measures (which at best only make  a difference on the margin) it's  case of people want others to stick to the rules. 

People should ignore this Covid Cobblers because this will NEVER end until people say ENOUGH.

I think you should define what you mean by a conspiracy theorist.

Somebody who believes in a conspiracy, but can't prove it, so it's a theory of.

Come on that's an easy definition, the answers in the name

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'd hardly call railing against rules that have zero logic anarchy, more like common sense.

Little man on a forum says the rules have zero logic , world renowned scientists say different 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Little man on a forum says the rules have zero logic , world renowned scientists say different 

If your stupid enough to think wearing a mask in a shop where you can easily social distance but not in a pub, a concert or a sporting event isn't illogical I actually feel sorry for you. Do the government need to tell you to get out of bed in the morning?

On 26/11/2021 at 14:41, Chekhov said:

Not sure what you mean TBH, but I'll tell you what is absolutely ridiculous, apparently all the kids in my lad's year group (8 years old) at school have been told they have to take  a PCT test whether or not they have any symptoms. This is disproportionate nonsense and I am sick to death of it, I wonder whether Gregg "over reaction" Fell has anything to do with it ? 

Let's just look at the facts :

1 - Kids are at no risk from Covid, in  fact it could even be arguable it would be beneficial for them to catch Covid whilst they were young, like Chicken Pox.

2 - Most of their parents even if unvaccinated would be in little danger from Covid because nearly all would be under 50 and the great majority under 40, BUT they have almost certainly all been vaccinated (or at least offered the vaccine) anyway ! And therefore are at very small risk of even hospitalisation much less death.

3 - Taking a child for a PCT test is a time wasting PITA and not pleasant for the child either.

What is is going on ?

Who is driving all this bull**** ?

When is the world going to wake up from this utter UTTER madness ?

I have had it confirmed this is Gregg Fell. The same guy who kept all the kids playgrounds shut last summer far longer than any other council. I don't know how much that bloke is getting paid, but however little is it is too much. Anyone can just be over careful, it needs someone to take a balanced proportionate view of life. SACK HIM !

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

It's not a law, do you really think the police are going to waste time hanging around shops.

Posting falsehoods Again

44 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Well, just been shopping and I'm very happy to say hardly a mask in sight. Just lots of people going about their lives. 

What a fantastic start to the day. 

Hardly a mask in sight , really?

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Posting falsehoods Again

Hardly a mask in sight , really?

Which bit is false?

I've not been in a shop today but I've seen a few people who have say mask use in low, common sense prevailing hopefully.

Edited by top4718

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I tend to find middle class people, often working from home, or retired people on index linked pensions are the ones to be most in favour of this madness, and working people *, esp working class people who have worked pretty much normally right through this who, ironically, are the ones sick to death of this suppression lunacy.

No, these hypocrites should look in the mirror, it is they who are selfish telling other people to ruin their lives.

I am glad you said that, that attitude explains a lot.

The 'labelling' and 'blaming' is ancient, ludicrous and inaccurate.

Politicizing the pandemic has caused an immense levels of harm in several countries, bringing it here smacks of opportunism. 

When you say "...working class people who have worked pretty much normally right through this..." I assume you selectively forgot that unemployment rose from below 4% to 7.75% in 2021, with the biggest job losses in:

Retail, leisure and hospitality.

Raw materials

Travel and transport

Construction

Personal services

Associating working and former working people with the rise of the Nazis is shameful.

Using the "working class" is wrong.

8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Which bit is false?

I've not been in a shop today but I've seen a few people who have say mask use in low, common sense prevailing hopefully.

The post of yours that I quoted 

26 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Some world renowned scientists I think is what you meant to say.

But you are forgetting two salient facts ;

1 - These "world renowned scientists" have been wrong more than they have been right. Do you remember Prof Pantsdown (Neil Ferguson) ?

He said we "could have up to 200,000 infections per week this summer" (the peak figure, 7 day moving average, was 47,000)

Last year he also said the UK could have up to 500,000 Covid deaths (no where in the whole world has had  a death rate anywhere near that, even Peru where the figures are "odd").

2 - "Scientists", and public health dictators like Gregg Fell, are ONLY interested in getting Covid cases down, regardless of the social and economic cost. They have no sense of proportionality, they are not interested, and, it could be said, they should not be because that is not their sphere. The BIG problem is we then get weak willed spineless politicians saying "we follow the science", and that is why we are where we are : Madlands.

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Some world renowned scientists I think is what you meant to say.

But you are forgetting two salient facts ;

1 - These "world renowned scientists" have been wrong more than they have been right. Do you remember Prof Pantsdown (Neil Ferguson) ?

He said we could have up to 200,000 infections per week this summer".

Last year he also said the UK could have up to 500,000 Covid deaths.

2 - "Scientists", and public health dictators like Gregg Fell, are ONLY interested in getting Covid cases down, regardless of the social and economic cost. They have no sense of proportionality, they are not interested, and, it could be said, they should not be because that is not their sphere. The BIG problem is we then get weak willed spineless politicians saying "we follow the science", and that is why we are where we are : Madlands.

No, when you mention world renowned scientists, you're talking about the celebrity ones, not the thousands behind the scenes we don't often hear from, just doing their amazing feats of science

As for your last bit, I think in our case especially, our government haven't been following the science, that's been our problem

Edited by melthebell

33 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Somebody who believes in a conspiracy, but can't prove it, so it's a theory of.

Come on that's an easy definition, the answers in the name

Right well certain people on here are incorrect calling people conspiracy theorists on that definition.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Right well certain people on here are incorrect calling people conspiracy theorists on that definition.

Nope cos covid skepticism definitely believed to be a conspiracy, and it can't be proven, it's only a theory