Coronavirus - Part Two.

11 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Did we take vaccines on other peoples behalf during winter flu seasons? They killed hundreds of thousands. I've stated I take assess my own risks, if others do the same it's not an issue.

We take them to reduces the seriousness of the virus. Just the same as people are doing with the Covid jabs.

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's now law that you have to wear a mask in shops and on public transport from today in England.  Failing to do so can result in a fine of up to £6400 unless you have a medical reason for being exempt from wearing a mask.

Its a mandate not a law, who's going to enforce that?

Edited by top4718

15 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Did we take vaccines on other peoples behalf during winter flu seasons? They killed hundreds of thousands. I've stated I assess my own risks, if others do the same it's not an issue.

Another fail(ure to understand).

The 'flu vaccine scheme is not designed to protect 'other' people.

Do want the science? 

It can't.

It doesn't.

It won't.

7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's a law. You're posting false information.  The police are responsible for enforcing it.  However decent people will comply and not cause problems for the shops and the people running public transport.

It's not a law, do you really think the police are going to waste time hanging around shops.

Just now, top4718 said:

It's not a law, do you really think the police are going to waste time hanging around shops.

Would be interested to know how many fines in England have been dished out since last summer, and for how much.

I would wager "barely any" and "for no more than a couple of hundred quid, certainly not £6400"

Edited by HeHasRisen

15 hours ago, butlers said:

The last survey I saw was the vast majority were happy to put up with masking in the appropriate situation.

5 July 21, apparently, up to 70% of Britons wanted masks kept mandatory on Public transport :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/05/masks-should-remain-mandatory-on-public-transport-say-english-mayors-covid

21 Sept 21 :

Only 20% of rail passengers are still wearing masks at train stations in England now that it is no longer compulsory, according to Network Rail.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58641989

Like most of these ludicrous Covid suppression measures (which at best only make  a difference on the margin) it's  case of people want others to stick to the rules. 

People should ignore this Covid Cobblers because this will NEVER end until people say ENOUGH.

13 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Yes we have a full house of Conspiracy Theorists.

One admitted Conspiracy Theorist.

One who denies  being a Conspiracy Theorist.

One who is insulted by the term Conspiracy Theorist.

One who ignores post including the term Conspiracy Theorist.

That is what I call balance.

I think you should define what you mean by a conspiracy theorist.

Edited by Chekhov

48 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's a law. You're posting false information.  The police are responsible for enforcing it.  However decent people will comply and not cause problems for the shops and the people running public transport.

What kind of cobblers is that ?

"Decent people" comply with the law even if they can see it is wrong ?

On that basis I seem to remember there were a lot of decent people complying back in Germany in the 30s and 40s.

NO. If something is obviously draconian ignore it, there will be hardly any, if any, prosecutions for not wearing a mask, though you can be sure any there are will be publicised by our useless media. Every time there is a government Covid briefing I am SICK of nearly all the media asking "why aren't we having more restrictions, I feel like throwing stuff at the TV or radio.

BUT, you do not have to risk getting any hassle anyway, much less getting prosecuted, just say you are exempt, they must accept it and cannot ask you anything else, end of story.

Edited by Chekhov

14 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Such a kind and caring person 

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

That sums you up. Me .Me. Me. Sod anyone else.

This is one of the things that really annoys me with all this Covid Cobblers, people who are not as negatively affected by all this ludicrous nonsense (and if it was arguably nonsense before vaccines it certainly is now) telling other people they should happily accept it all or they are "selfish". I tend to find middle class people, often working from home, or retired people on index linked pensions are the ones to be most in favour of this madness, and working people *, esp working class people who have worked pretty much normally right through this who, ironically, are the ones sick to death of this suppression lunacy.

No, these hypocrites should look in the mirror, it is they who are selfish telling other people to ruin their lives.

* And those whose kids got no proper education for the best part of a year (and even now it's all weird for their kids), or young people whose social life has been ruined, or people who have been stopped from doing stuff that is very important to them.  Swimming in my case, stopped from doing it for about 10 months. For others it is people who love travelling and have been stopped from doing it, or it made so much hassle they just lose any enthusiasm for it.

Edited by Chekhov

Well, just been shopping and I'm very happy to say hardly a mask in sight. Just lots of people going about their lives. 

What a fantastic start to the day. 

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Well, just been shopping and I'm very happy to say hardly a mask in sight. Just lots of people going about their lives. 

What a fantastic start to the day. 

I got the feeling compliance would be low, glad to hear that it is.

51 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

What kind of cobblers is that ?

"Decent people" comply with the law even if they can see it is wrong ?

On that basis I seem to remember there were a lot of decent people complying back in Germany in the 30s and 40s.

NO. If something is obviously draconian ignore it, there will be hardly any, if any, prosecutions for not wearing a mask, though you can be sure any there are will be publicised by our useless media. Every time there is a government Covid briefing I am SICK of nearly all the media asking "why aren't we having more restrictions, I feel like throwing stuff at the TV or radio.

BUT, you do not have to risk getting any hassle anyway, much less getting prosecuted, just say you are exempt, they must accept it and cannot ask you anything else, end of story.

Proper little anarchist aren’t you 

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Proper little anarchist aren’t you 

I'd hardly call railing against rules that have zero logic anarchy, more like common sense.