Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka

Remember when boris Johnson was in the papers every day recently and every news story centred around his incompetence - that stopped suddenly didn’t it?

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

To quote you "  Vile Post " , Idiot 

You know some of you pro jab lot really don't behave very civilised at times do you. 

It is OK to disagree with somone without name calling so much. 

Try it. You might like it 👍

13 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I've admitted nothing of the kind!

Even supposing some of the data is uncontaminated, it is virtually impossible to decide which is, and which isn't.

So since "...most of those others have the same problems..."  also means that many will not'  that will be enough to cast serious doubt and as All data should be considered doubtful until the scientific method is applied, the data and any conclusions are not reliable. 

Until it can be determined that the data is repeatable, and consistent, and accurate, and reliable, and valid, and significant and mathematically accurate, data should be considered with extreme care.

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You know some of you pro jab lot really don't behave very civilised at times do you. 

It is OK to disagree with somone without name calling so much. 

Try it. You might like it 👍

You might try not to  make Long Covid a laughing matter 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

You might try not to  make Long Covid a laughing matter 

I'll try. 

Long Covid 😂😂

Nope, couldn't do it. 🤣

I'm the same whenever a new "variant" comes out. It always gives me a giggle what they will come up with next. 

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I would actually have expected suicides to fall, overall, in 2020, or certainly not go up. For the first 6 months (up to about November) it was a bit like a war, and suicides drop in wars, it's a well known effect. However, from about Nov last year I would expect a rise, similarly for mental health problems and divorces etc.

My brother is a vicar and the most upsetting part of his job is funerals for suicides, he is upset that the rate has gone up, he's done more than he has ever done, pretty much all young, youngish men.

So now it's going downhill, unfortunately.....

Deaths of people treated under the Mental Health Act rose during pandemic (20 Nov 21)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59336579

The Humber Bridge Board announced on Saturday that the footpaths would be closed 'indefinitely' [due to unprecedented suicides] (5 Apr 21)

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/after-six-humber-bridge-deaths-5263253

Some people’s mental health will have been helped as well with the successful trials and subsequent roll out of the vaccine.

To achieve this in a little over a year exceeded most people’s expectations.

Plus of course it was a major factor in encouraging the government to lift some oppressive restrictions.

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

I've also noticed in this thread, we're getting a bit more balance now, which is good. 

Yes we have a full house of Conspiracy Theorists.

One admitted Conspiracy Theorist.

One who denies  being a Conspiracy Theorist.

One who is insulted by the term Conspiracy Theorist.

One who ignores post including the term Conspiracy Theorist.

That is what I call balance.

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'll try. 

Long Covid 😂😂

Nope, couldn't do it. 🤣

I'm the same whenever a new "variant" comes out. It always gives me a giggle what they will come up with next. 

Such a kind and caring person 

Just now, hackey lad said:

Such a kind and caring person 

Yep, I am. 

In fact I'm known locally as the guy who shops for the elderly and infirm, donates to food banks, transports people with no transport to appointments, the chemist and the shops, clears the snow, mows the grass, takes food to the rough sleepers etc etc. All whilst caring for my disabled son who wasn't disabled until the nhs got their hands on him and my daughter who both have complex learning difficulties and special needs. 

Of course I'm nothing special buy yeah, I do consider myself to be a kind person. 

Anything else? 

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yep, I am. 

In fact I'm known locally as the guy who shops for the elderly and infirm, donates to food banks, transports people with no transport to appointments, the chemist and the shops, clears the snow, mows the grass, takes food to the rough sleepers etc etc. All whilst caring for my disabled son who wasn't disabled until the nhs got their hands on him and my daughter who both have complex learning difficulties and special needs. 

Of course I'm nothing special buy yeah, I do consider myself to be a kind person. 

Anything else? 

Plenty but I will keep that to myself 

45 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Remember when boris Johnson was in the papers every day recently and every news story centred around his incompetence - that stopped suddenly didn’t it?

nope, hes still incompetant

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Plenty but I will keep that to myself 

Yeah. That's probably a good idea 👍