Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Apparently the people who were supposedly infected with this new "variant" were all fully jabbed 😂

Hence the name Moronic. 

So sorry. I meant Omicron. 🙄

And?

Just now, top4718 said:

I'd call finding two people in 60m miraculous not scientific, can't believe people fall for such obvious garbage.

Are you replacing Conspiracy Theory with the bible?

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

And what? 

You would know if you understood something about vaccination in populations and no and I will not even try to explain because as you know Conspiracy Theorists don't respond well to 'learning'.

3 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

You would know if you understood something about vaccination in populations and no and I will not even try to explain because as you know Conspiracy Theorists don't respond well to 'learning'.

😂Awesome post 👍

You may be able to troll the weaker minds with your continual use of the term Conspiracy Theorist but sadly for you I not only happily accept the label of being a Conspiracy theorist but I embrace the term. 

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Some anecdotes from one medic does not really cut it. We can't say it's serious or mild.

Imagine listening to a doctor about a virus and  saying it caused mild symptoms - then assuming you need to stop air travel and introduce compulsory  mask wearing…..

you might be right - 3 years ago you’d be laughed out of room.

22 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Imagine listening to a doctor about a virus and  saying it caused mild symptoms - then assuming you need to stop air travel and introduce compulsory  mask wearing…..

I think the point is that a bunch of omicron has been found in a place which has/ had things more or less under control. That's the (potentially) scary bit: a variant that can increase in a place that has delta more or less under control.

I know another place that has delta more or less under control: the UK.

I think this justifies making travelers from southern Africa quarantine as a precaution. I think it's an excuse in the case of the new mask stuff. As you've said yourself: if you're serious about masks why just in shops and on public transport.

2 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

I think the point is that a bunch of omicron has been found in a place which has/ had things more or less under control. That's the (potentially) scary bit: a variant that can increase in a place that has delta more or less under control.

I know another place that has delta more or less under control: the UK.

I think this justifies making travelers from southern Africa quarantine as a precaution. I think it's an excuse in the case of the new mask stuff. As you've said yourself: if you're serious about masks why just in shops and on public transport.

Potentially is the word. We should give the scientists a chance to find out how deadly or otherwise it is before jumping to conclusions. Meanwhile the media is as usual whipping it up into another 'major crisis.' It's what they do to make the news more interesting. 

However I agree that it makes sense to quarentine arrivals from South Africa as a precaution, and as it might already be in our community I personally I've no objections to wearing a mask while we wait for more details. 

Edited by Anna B

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Your words, not mine. 

My kids are exempt. They aren't ill (cold, flu etc) but they are exempt. Do you have a problem with that? 

Stay home then. 

Grow up.

7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

😂Awesome post 👍

You may be able to troll the weaker minds with your continual use of the term Conspiracy Theorist but sadly for you I not only happily accept the label of being a Conspiracy theorist but I embrace the term. 

Thank you and what a relief that we know that you "... happily accept the label of being a Conspiracy theorist but I embrace the term."

Knowing that there is a reason for the absence of rational discussion we can now disengage and put it all to one side.

Now knowing that you are immune to evidence we can now disengage and put it all to one side.

But we can't put your views to one side as you views are harmful to others.

In the world where millions are involved in care, treatment, burial, bereavement, recovery, prevention, research, protection etc. with 261,809,284 cases and 5,218,347 deaths.

In the world where slowing down infection before vaccination has an impact and possibly a practical cure is found, is the best bet.

Along come the Conspiracy Theorist with their need to feel superior- when they are not, their desperate need to find evidence in randomness, their need to sound knowledgeable when plainly they lack understanding, their need to take credit when none is due. etc.

We have to accept Conspiracy Theorists but not their theories and certainly not the damage they cause-remember MMR.

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

Grow up.

This from the one who is apparently afraid of their own shadow. 🙄

Oh joy, the BBC is reporting another six UK cases of omicron, this time in Scotland. Some don't have a travel history involving southern Africa and so presumably caught omicron in the community.