Coronavirus - Part Two.

51 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Anybody know what the current situation is regarding people in care homes? I have a relative with Alzheimers who has been double jabbed plus booster, but I'm sold she isn't allowed visitors because they have two cases of Covid in the home. 

I have been double jabbed and have recently recovered from Covid itself, but am not allowed to visit her. I am her only visitor, although I am not a blood relation.

I thought this sort of scenario had changed due to it being found detrimental to people's mental wellbeing.

Anybody know what the rules are at the moment?

I know that if we have even one case of covid, barrier nursed in a side room, all visiting is suspended on our ward.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I DID answer 

Snipped 

No you didn't really. You side stepped it a few times but whatever makes you happy 👍

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I DID answer you just choose to ignore it, i dont have any consequences, im not in charge, its not my job to make them, some possible consequences did get mentioned a post or two before i posted, cant remember if it was you or Dr Tops that mentioned them, feel free to look, tbh...i cant be arsed, ive got better things to do with my spare time in the short period im not working.

Okay Dokey. I get it. You can't be bothered to get yourself out of the hole you dug. 

No worries. 

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

i said you have an obvious obsessive personality, able to obsessively ask for the same things over and over and yet discount and ignore things that you deem irrelevant or dont offer you anything

No I don't. You're just deflecting again. 

If you'd answered in the first instance I wouldn't have needed to ask multipul times. I've accepted you can't answer, I moved on and you dragged it straight back up again. 

And I'm the obsessive?? 

So again, I'm moving on. Care to move on with me or are going carry on telling  me I'm obsessive? 

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I DID answer you just choose to ignore it, i dont have any consequences, im not in charge, its not my job to make them, some possible consequences did get mentioned a post or two before i posted, cant remember if it was you or Dr Tops that mentioned them, feel free to look, tbh...i cant be arsed, ive got better things to do with my spare time in the short period im not working.

as i said you have an obvious obsessive personality, able to obsessively ask for the same things over and over and yet discount and ignore things that you deem irrelevant or dont offer you anything

I remember when I came on here 12 years ago you were a rebel. You've turned into a pharma supporting normy.

4 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

That proves you aren't confident it won't cause harm.

Thats a strange interpretation.

Did you have comprehension lessons at Junior school.

10 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I remember when I came on here 12 years ago you were a rebel. You've turned into a pharma supporting normy.

not really, try again

12 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Me and Mel dont see eye to eye on many things but to call him a "normy" is very silly .

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Anybody know what the current situation is regarding people in care homes? I have a relative with Alzheimers who has been double jabbed plus booster, but I'm sold she isn't allowed visitors because they have two cases of Covid in the home. 

I have been double jabbed and have recently recovered from Covid itself, but am not allowed to visit her. I am her only visitor, although I am not a blood relation.

I thought this sort of scenario had changed due to it being found detrimental to people's mental wellbeing.

Anybody know what the rules are at the moment?

There's lots of guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vaccination-of-people-working-or-deployed-in-care-homes-operational-guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-of-people-working-or-deployed-in-care-homes-operational-guidance

Particularly this bit:

Friends, relatives and essential care givers

Friends, family (who also may be unpaid carers) and essential care givers will not need to show proof of vaccination or medical exemption.

Visits from family and friends are vital for the health and wellbeing of people living in care homes. It would be unjustifiably detrimental to residents to deprive them of contact with, and care from, their loved ones.

Government guidance should be followed on the infection prevention and control measures which should be in place.

However, you should probably check with the care home.  I've had different experiences with each one, including being made to take another lateral flow test before entering, because the home wouldn't accept the STH recording system as proof of LFT.  This is on top of the fact that there was supposed to be an agreement between care homes and the NHS that all staff are LFT twice weekly and don't need to show evidence every visit... 

CQC are now requiring the homes to record that visitors are vaccinated, though this may just apply to healthcare staff.  From the government website it doesn't seem to apply to relatives.

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

So by that time if we’ve gone down the road of vaccine passports and you do have an adverse reaction and decide not to have another are you happy to be then excluded from society?

Sorry for the late response but I have been in a Sports Hall playing team games with people of a similar age.We played outdoors throughout the Summer and no one has been wearing masks in either situation.We did play club games the previous Summer,but regrettably all league fixtures were cancelled.

So to be honest my personal freedoms have hardly been affected so far and I would like to keep it that way.

I wasn’t happy to be excluded from certain aspects of society when the anti smoking lobby gained the ascendancy and I am sure that there will be an outcry if the Austrian type approach is applied here.I don’t think it will.

Of the many people that I mix with I know through general conversation that most have had their 3 jabs.However I don’t go around asking who has had the vaccinations.

Some of those I hadn’t seen for a while because it was the jabs that gave them confidence to get out and about again.

There is a very evident correlation between numbers vaccinated and hospitalisation (not transmission of the virus)).

The actions being taken in Austria and parts of Germany are very much directed at increasing the percentage of the population who have had the vaccine because their hospital wards cannot cope.Austria is down in the 60 odd percent level.

The U.K. response has been much better and so I very much hope that similar measures will not happen here.

Just one other thought .I am a regular blood donor.

I hope that you never need a transfusion but would you be wary of accepting blood  which has been “contaminated “ by the vaccine?

Edited by RJRB

32 minutes ago, Becky B said:

There's lots of guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vaccination-of-people-working-or-deployed-in-care-homes-operational-guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-of-people-working-or-deployed-in-care-homes-operational-guidance

Particularly this bit:

Friends, relatives and essential care givers

Friends, family (who also may be unpaid carers) and essential care givers will not need to show proof of vaccination or medical exemption.

Visits from family and friends are vital for the health and wellbeing of people living in care homes. It would be unjustifiably detrimental to residents to deprive them of contact with, and care from, their loved ones.

Government guidance should be followed on the infection prevention and control measures which should be in place.

However, you should probably check with the care home.  I've had different experiences with each one, including being made to take another lateral flow test before entering, because the home wouldn't accept the STH recording system as proof of LFT.  This is on top of the fact that there was supposed to be an agreement between care homes and the NHS that all staff are LFT twice weekly and don't need to show evidence every visit... 

CQC are now requiring the homes to record that visitors are vaccinated, though this may just apply to healthcare staff.  From the government website it doesn't seem to apply to relatives.

Thankyou for that Becky, I'll read it.

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

You are part of the mainstream compliant public.

Actually no, I'm very averse to compliance [compared to the majority].

2 hours ago, butlers said:

Upstate NY family hit by Covid: Unvaccinated father, son die days apart; vaccinated mom, son recover

https://flip.it/lDvVPZ

Anecdote.

How come when those who challenge the official narrative post anecdotes they get ripped apart, but it's fine to post anecdotes that go along with the official narrative?

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Thats a strange interpretation.

Did you have comprehension lessons at Junior school.

Another Ad Hominen attack.

16 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Another Ad Hominen attack.

Not really, but most things you lot post are very simplistic views of things with not much critical thinking involved

Edited by melthebell