Coronavirus - Part Two.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You and your ilk are the selfish ones. 

Cowardly too you just haven't connected the dots yet. 

When you do, if you do it will probably be too late. 

Yours and Tops posts are starting to anger me. You both won't be convinced by verifiable sources and data. 

So the only way for you to be convinced is for life to convince you.  So if/when you are admitted to hospital because of your stubbornness to get jabbed, please try and convince the nurse/doctors trying to help you that all you need is a lemsip and be on your way. Maybe you could keep trying to convince them of it if/when you or a family member are hooked up to a ventilator. 

9 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Yours and Tops posts are starting to anger me. You both won't be convinced by verifiable sources and data. 

of course they wont, the trouble with conspiracy theorists is its an obsession, all consuming, extremism if you like, they have been groomed (just like right wing extremists and islamic extremists) it doesnt matter what you say its all wrong.

They will just say thats MSM, they are in with the conspiracy, the fact checkers are in on it, everybody is in on it if it doesnt agree with what they believe, it is a dangerous way of thinking, a dangerous way of living.

Its similar to the Qanon stuff in America, its complete and utter nonsense but people have become that obsessed with it, its become dangerous, just look at the capitol hill riot. people have set fire to 5G masts here also.

Its ok believing  in alternative things BUT there becomes a point where it becomes an all consuming obsession and turns dangerous.

trouble is they then turn it on everybody else and say we are obsessed, we are dangerous, we are a cult, just like both tops and daddy have, when sites remove lies......its censorship

we cant win, no matter what evidence, facts, reality we say...its wrong, its part of the conspiracy

Edited by melthebell

I seem to remember a dystopian proposal that all children would be imprinted with a sort of barcode at birth. 

Please assure me it would never happen. 

13 minutes ago, Delayed said:

So the only way for you to be convinced is for life to convince you.  So if/when you are admitted to hospital because of your stubbornness to get jabbed, please try and convince the nurse/doctors trying to help you that all you need is a lemsip and be on your way. Maybe you could keep trying to convince them of it if/when you or a family member are hooked up to a ventilator. 

Have some thread-balancing soothing from me: I’ve just had my Pfizer top-up (was prioritised in the national vacc program due to getting the single Janssen jab) 20 mins ago.

Bonus point: the young filly playing the doctor was (really) rather easy on the eye…and that was with a mask on! 😛

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Have some thread-balancing soothing from me: I’ve just had my Pfizer top-up (was prioritised in the national vacc program due to getting the single Janssen jab) 20 mins ago.

Bonus point: the young filly playing the doctor was (really) rather easy on the eye…and that was with a mask on! 😛

Thankfully there's a lot more sensible people out there such as yourself

19 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Yours and Tops posts are starting to anger me. 

Snipped 

Exercise some self control and don't read them then. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Well maybe it's because I've had a rubbish day at work but usually yours and Tops delusional posts are a source of entertainment

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

or you two not post your tirade of lies trying to groom and hook others into your web of deceit

8 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Well maybe it's because I've had a rubbish day at work but usually yours and Tops delusional posts are a source of entertainment

Sorry to hear you've had a rubbish day. 

I hope tomorrow is a better one for you 🙏

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

or you two not post your tirade of lies trying to groom and hook others into your web of deceit

😂

This treatment looks promising.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59178291

The pill is a Protease Inhibitor.

A question for any Virologists contributing to this Thread. 

Can what is known about antiretroviral medications;

help in the discovery of  pharmaceutical for the  pre-symptoms treatment of Covid 19 ?

If you can destroy the: Protease of a virus, stop it  getting into cells and making its Genome -you've got it  beat.

Edited by petemcewan

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Anger is not the emotion I am feeling 

9 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

A question for any Virologists contributing to this Thread. 

Can what is known about antiretroviral medications;

help in the discovery of  pharmaceutical for the  pre-symptoms treatment of Covid 19 ?

If you can destroy the: Protease of a virus, stop it  getting into cells and making its Genome -you've got it  beat.

I am not a virologist but I can read wikipedia ...

One of the wiki pages for HIV/ AIDS ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_of_HIV/AIDS#Entry_inhibitors ) lists five classes of drugs: (1) entry inhibitors, (2,3) two classes of reverse transcriptase inhibitors, (4) intergrase inhibitors and (5) protease inhibitors. The mechanisms of (1), (2), (3) and (4) suggest they would have no value in treating covid. Entry inhibitors target a receptor on the cell surface, CCR5, which is different from the receptor, ACE2,  which SARS-CoV-2 uses to gain entry. SARS-CoV-2 is not a retrovirus and so it does not make use of either a reverse transcriptase or integrase meaning that (2), (3) and (4) should be no help. That leaves (5) protease inhibitors as the only class of HIV drugs worth checking. According to wikipedia ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protease ) there are rather a large number of proteases, indeed there are actually six classes each of which has an active site which cuts proteins only after a single specific amino acid. This suggests to me that one should guess the HIV protease inhibitors will not inhibit a SARS-CoV-2 protease and therefore that they will be useless against SARS-CoV-2.

By the way, a protease inhibitor does not necessarily destroy protease molecules rather it blocks their action which ordinarily would be to cut precursor viral protein at appropriate points along its length. The Pfizer drug works intracellularly so it does not stop the virus entering cells rather it stops one stage of the manufacture of viral proteins within the cell.

Hope this helps and good luck with your reading.