Coronavirus - Part Two.

Africa does not have very much testing. Many countries in Africa do not have systematic registration of deaths.

It's also very large, population centres are spread out

But well done Dr Tops for yet again trying to use something to back you up, but failing to think things through properly or you may have 'got' these facts

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Isn't it strange that a relatively poor continent like Africa still isn't affected by this deadly virus.

I’ll tell you what is really strange.

A man who has been afforded one of the best, free, educations in the world, still can’t think critically.

Very strange. Almost like he’s doing it on purpose.

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’ll tell you what is really strange.

A man who has been afforded one of the best, free, educations in the world, still can’t think critically.

Very strange. Almost like he’s doing it on purpose.

Please see #10279.

I'm still convinced he's winding folk up, and takes a strange pleasure in doing so.

For someone to be so vehement, and grasp at any ridiculous straw to "prove his case", is suspicious.

Or, of course, he's frightened of needles!  

On 24/10/2021 at 15:29, El Cid said:

I had a PCR test on Saturday, negative result today. I have a cough and phlegm, my sister and a friend have said they have had the same symptoms and also tested negative.

I must be really difficult to know when to isolate, I havnt, as the test was just in case.

I had a PCR test today following 2 consecutive lateral flow tests that were positive for covid. I was about to enter a care home so test was mandatory. It was the first lateral flow test I've ever had and I suspect I would never have known if it wasn't for having to have the test. I thought it was a bit of a cold coming on, if the weather had been colder I might not even have mentioned it, so in the circumstances it's a good job I did. But am  I right in thinking it's at it's most infectious before the symptoms are even apparent?

I've had both jabs, so was a bit of a surprise.   

Now feels like a really heavy cold. Results in 72 hours. Now isolating just in case, but as I am retired anyway, that's no real hardship. 

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I had a PCR test today following 2 consecutive lateral flow tests that were positive for covid. I was about to enter a care home so test was mandatory. It was the first lateral flow test I've ever had and I suspect I would never have known if it wasn't for having to have the test. I thought it was a bit of a cold coming on, if the weather had been colder I might not even have mentioned it, so in the circumstances it's a good job I did. But am  I right in thinking it's at it's most infectious before the symptoms are even apparent?

I've had both jabs, so was a bit of a surprise.   

Now feels like a really heavy cold. Results in 72 hours. Now isolating just in case, but as I am retired anyway, that's no real hardship. 

I don't know if it has changed since the original variant or if vaccination affects matter but my memory is that on average peak infectiousness coincides with onset of symptoms.

9 hours ago, melthebell said:

It's also very large, population centres are spread out

But well done Dr Tops for yet again trying to use something to back you up, but failing to think things through properly or you may have 'got' these facts

Ok so why is it always badly affected by the flu virus? Or is it the Covid that's so special it reacts totally different to any other virus in history? For the record Western and Eastern Africa are the mostly densely populated after Southern Asia, facts.

7 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

I don't know if it has changed since the original variant or if vaccination affects matter but my memory is that on average peak infectiousness coincides with onset of symptoms.

Why would it be a surprise you've had both jabs, they don't work.

9 hours ago, FoxLady said:

Please see #10279.

I'm still convinced he's winding folk up, and takes a strange pleasure in doing so.

For someone to be so vehement, and grasp at any ridiculous straw to "prove his case", is suspicious.

Or, of course, he's frightened of needles!  

Had plenty of "needles" for various reasons over the years, I just don't tend to have ones that I don't need and that don't work.

Edited by top4718

Looks like Sheffield was affected by the false negative PCR tests scandal at the Immensa lab in Wolverhampton and that hundreds of infected people were told they were fine to go on as normal.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/27/covid-lab-returned-four-positive-results-from-2400-sheffield-tests

4 hours ago, top4718 said:

Ok so why is it always badly affected by the flu virus? Or is it the Covid that's so special it reacts totally different to any other virus in history? For the record Western and Eastern Africa are the mostly densely populated after Southern Asia, facts.

Why would it be a surprise you've had both jabs, they don't work.

Had plenty of "needles" for various reasons over the years, I just don't tend to have ones that I don't need and that don't work.

They do work

7 minutes ago, Delayed said:

They do work

I'd be statistically very unlikely to die from Covid, the only thing I'd get is a severe flu for a few days, the vaccine doesn't stop that (arguably it makes the symptoms worse) there are no benefits for the majority in having the vaccine.

Just now, top4718 said:

I'd be statistically very unlikely to die from Covid, the only thing I'd get is a severe flu for a few days, the vaccine doesn't stop that (arguably it makes the symptoms worse) there are no benefits for the majority in having the vaccine.

Horsecrap

Just now, melthebell said:

Horsecrap

Not in the slightest.