Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

WOW you are a tory lol, they are ignoring them, they are ignoring wearing masks, they have already been outed as screwing up the pandemic response, and seem to be repeating history

There's little doubt that Tories have mismanaged the pandemic from the start. But I don't believe that was deliberate, it rather reflects their incompetence. However they also have a duty to protect the economy, and this is at odds with their  very heavy spending (perhaps more than necessary due to mistakes) on the pandemic. So, yes, they have to steer a very fine line, or the country and the people in it will suffer with the growing debts for a very long time to come.

I don't consider that a plug for the Tories, simply a fact.

As for the experts, there are different opposing schools of thought, nothing is black and white, not even the numbers. 

The government has the task of choosing  who and what to believe from a plethora of data and opinions, and how to interpret the information. Again that's just a fact.

Every country has dealt with the pandemic in different ways. It remains to be seen who's got it right.  

Edited by Anna B

Just now, makapaka said:

Not this again….you wear a seat belt in case you’re thrown through a windscreen in a car accident or crush the person in front of you if you’re in the back seat. 

And the chance of it happening to me as an individual is virtually zero based on 30 odd years of accident free driving.

21 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Thats fine until the clowns in charge make the ridiculous things mandatory again, I won't be complying and neither should anyone else.

Vulnerable people should and anyone that may feel vulnerable. Your opinion on masks is known. 

Guest makapaka
22 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And the chance of it happening to me as an individual is virtually zero based on 30 odd years of accident free driving.

And what?

Guest sibon
45 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Thats fine until the clowns in charge make the ridiculous things mandatory again, I won't be complying and neither should anyone else.

Thanks for making things more difficult, for longer.

We’ve all seen how good you are at interpreting data. 

It’s sad that those of us who are numerate and responsible have to accept the behaviour of people like you.

The clowns aren’t the ones in charge.

30 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Vulnerable people should and anyone that may feel vulnerable. Your opinion on masks is known. 

So get them to take precautions that work and spare the rest of us.

The only people that are making this last for longer are the idiots that are complying with the lies and deception, if everyone went about their normal lives its over.

Edited by top4718

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

And what?

I'll wear a seatbelt in the unlikely chance I'm involved in a road accident.

I'll wear a mask in places where I see fit in the unlikely chance I'll catch covid or could pass it on if I was asymptomatic / pre -symptomatic.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I'll wear a seatbelt in the unlikely chance I'm involved in a road accident.

I'll wear a mask in places where I see fit in the unlikely chance I'll catch covid or could pass it on if I was asymptomatic / pre -symptomatic.

No one in Scandinavia wore masks, they are currently in the best situation regarding Covid in the whole of Europe, when will the penny drop for some people.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

No one in Scandinavia wore masks, they are currently in the best situation regarding Covid in the whole of Europe, when will the penny drop for some people.

Sweden got a hammering compared to the rest of Scandinavia and most of Europe.

Scandinavia is sparsely populated  - it's not like it's on a major trading route like the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France. No great international hubs like Berlin, Paris, Milan, Amsterdam.

Bit like the Scilly Isles as regards the rest of Britain.

Guest sibon
29 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The only people that are making this last for longer are the idiots that are complying with the lies and deception, if everyone went about their normal lives its over.

How does getting vaccinated and wearing a mask make this last for longer?

Even if neither thing works, it would have a neutral effect.

Given that they both work well, why wouldn’t you mask and vaxx? 

Unless you were stupid.

34 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Pretty much what happened the world over in early 2020.

That was a great success.

30 minutes ago, top4718 said:

True to form you are spreading misinformation. Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland have all had requirements to wear a face mask in some public spaces. You can check this for yourself at Our World in Data.