Coronavirus - Part Two.

51 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Public Health Wales and Mark Drakeford disagree.

As already pointed out your evidence (I assume the 7 day average) is flawed as the opposite is happening in Scotland.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

As already pointed out your evidence (I assume the 7 day average) is flawed as the opposite is happening in Scotland.

No, your is, they don't work, Scandanavia where masks have hardly been used have the best current Covid situation in Europe. THEY. DON'T. WORK!!!

A report from the US states that the death rates in the UK and Germany are currently unusually high, Covid death rates are fairly low at the moment so who's dying to increase these figures???

Edited by top4718

19 minutes ago, top4718 said:

No, your is, they don't work, Scandanavia where masks have hardly been used have the best current Covid situation in Europe. THEY. DON'T. WORK!!!

A report from the US states that the death rates in the UK and Germany are currently unusually high, Covid death rates are fairly low at the moment so who's dying to increase these figures???

Usual nonsense. Incoherent argument with vague allusions to evidence but no actual links or references to evidence or argument.

As usual, when one begins to check the elements of your posts that one can, one immediately finds your statements to be in error. Excess mortality in the UK is currently running at around 10% above normal ( https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?facet=none&Metric=Excess+mortality+(%)&Interval=Weekly&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=~GBR ) which is entirely consistent with the current death rate from covid ( https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ ) given the noisy nature of the weekly excess mortality numbers. There is a similar level of consistency for Germany.

39 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I thought you wouldnt love Sweden that much since they have restricted entry to foriegners  stricter than other countries and are now allowing "vaccinated" british people through the ban.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/sweden-exempts-vaccinated-uk-citizens-from-entry-ban-test-requirement/

see i also post links to my sources

Also regarding Sweden you need to look at how it features in the world and how the population lives, its like comparing apples and oranges, they arent the same

Edited by melthebell

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I thought you wouldnt love Sweden that much since they have restricted entry to foriegners  stricter than other countries and are now allowing "vaccinated" british people through the ban.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/sweden-exempts-vaccinated-uk-citizens-from-entry-ban-test-requirement/

see i also post links to my sources

Also regarding Sweden you need to look at how it features in the world and how the population lives, its like comparing apples and oranges, they arent the same

Scandinavia isn't just Sweden. You can also get into the country with a negative Covid test which you conveniently failed to mention.

19 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Usual nonsense. Incoherent argument with vague allusions to evidence but no actual links or references to evidence or argument.

As usual, when one begins to check the elements of your posts that one can, one immediately finds your statements to be in error. Excess mortality in the UK is currently running at around 10% above normal ( https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?facet=none&Metric=Excess+mortality+(%)&Interval=Weekly&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=~GBR ) which is entirely consistent with the current death rate from covid ( https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ ) given the noisy nature of the weekly excess mortality numbers. There is a similar level of consistency for Germany.

So the vaccine isn't preventing excess deaths very well then.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Scandinavia isn't just Sweden. You can also get into the country with a negative Covid test which you conveniently failed to mention.

I didnt conveniently forget it, its still part of my point, which is they have measures in place, stricter ones than a lot of countries and they are measures i thought generally you wouldnt be in favour of as well as masks.

Vaccination, testing, social distancing etc

As i also said theres other factors that help Swedens case, following social distancing better than we did, less population, more of the population living further apart, the country being further away from the main populations of other countries, less tourism?

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So the vaccine isn't preventing excess deaths very well then.

Nobodys ever said, any vaccines perfect

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I didnt conveniently forget it, its still part of my point, which is they have measures in place, stricter ones than a lot of countries and they are measures i thought generally you wouldnt be in favour of as well as masks.

Vaccination, testing, social distancing etc

As i also said theres other factors that help Swedens case, following social distancing better than we did, less population, more of the population living further apart, the country being further away from the main populations of other countries, less tourism?

Nobodys ever said, any vaccines perfect

I don't know of many (if any) countries that don't require at least a negative test, they are no different to anywhere else.

Nobodies ever pushed such an imperfect vaccine on so many people.

Having read a fair bit of the nonsense written on this particular forum topic - essentially in disbelief at some of the vaccine/mask wearing nay-sayers and their "reasoning" - I suspect there'll come a time when they have to concede defeat and get vaccinated anyway.

I suspect that the main objector is actually frightened of needles, and grasps at anything to avoid having to admit it.  Either that or he's winding people up just for the sake of it, and he's already fully jabbed and can't change his story now!

Guest makapaka

Edited by makapaka

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

Get over it. People continue to wear them as they see fit. 

Much like it's your choice to not have the vaccine, it's everyone's choice to the wear a mask..

If you don't think they work, leave everyone else to it.

8 hours ago, top4718 said:

One for the useless mask brigade - Wales where masks are still mandatory in public settings has the highest rate of infections in the UK, when will the penny drop for some, even Neil Ferguson (who's not particularly trustworthy tbf) said they don't.

So which small measures could be taken that would not affect peoples lives too much, there must be something the Government can do?

Guest makapaka

Noticed it only took a couple of days of scaremongering and a “briefing” from the health secretary to have everyone diving behind their sofas again.