Coronavirus - Part Two.

Bacterial pneumonia is an infection of your lungs caused by certain bacteria. The most common one is Streptococcus (pneumococcus), but other bacteria can cause it too. If you’re young and basically healthy, these bacteria can live in your throat without causing any trouble. But if your body’s defenses (immune system) become weak for some reason, the bacteria can go down into your lungs. When this happens, the air sacs in your lungs get infected and inflamed. They fill up with fluid, and that causes pneumonia.

I just came accross the above. I have had catarrh  for weeks/months, it just sounds like the above "live in your throat", which is what I have.

Guest sibon
35 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Bacterial pneumonia is an infection of your lungs caused by certain bacteria. The most common one is Streptococcus (pneumococcus), but other bacteria can cause it too. If you’re young and basically healthy, these bacteria can live in your throat without causing any trouble. But if your body’s defenses (immune system) become weak for some reason, the bacteria can go down into your lungs. When this happens, the air sacs in your lungs get infected and inflamed. They fill up with fluid, and that causes pneumonia.

I just came accross the above. I have had catarrh  for weeks/months, it just sounds like the above "live in your throat", which is what I have.

Get used to the idea. You aren’t an individual organism, more a metropolis of (mostly) mutually beneficial living things.

An ecosystem if you like. But you are certainly not just you.

That update tonight was a ****ing shambles. 

The government has lost the plot

8 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

That update tonight was a ****ing shambles. 

The government has lost the plot

I totally agree.

The scientists advise that it is prudent to act early and act hard .

Instead we get encouraged to continue to social distance and to continue to wear masks.

Then we see rows of Conservative MPs refusing to war masks.

The PM likes to use the phrase flip flopping ,which is exactly what they are doing as regards the health of the public.

And all just to satisfy a few of their own.

6 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I totally agree.

The scientists advise that it is prudent to act early and act hard .

Instead we get encouraged to continue to social distance and to continue to wear masks.

Then we see rows of Conservative MPs refusing to war masks.

The PM likes to use the phrase flip flopping ,which is exactly what they are doing as regards the health of the public.

And all just to satisfy a few of their own.

I am generally anti-lockdown, but if the science is telling us that there is a danger, we should be doing the easy things, like mask wearing and working from home.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I am generally anti-lockdown, but if the science is telling us that there is a danger, we should be doing the easy things, like mask wearing and working from home.

Looks like a repeat of the last two big waves - deny there is a problem. refuse to do anything and then inevitably we have to go for a full lockdown to get things under control. You would think they had learnt a lesson by the third time that some measures early stops hard measures later!

6 hours ago, El Cid said:

Exactly, if it helps with stopping another full knockdown it's common sense. I work on the door in hospitality, virtually nobody comes in in a mask and those that do what one put it on after entering.

It's the easiest thing in the world

4 hours ago, nightrider said:

Looks like a repeat of the last two big waves - deny there is a problem. refuse to do anything and then inevitably we have to go for a full lockdown to get things under control. You would think they had learnt a lesson by the third time that some measures early stops hard measures later!

And they've been pulled up on it by an inquiry

Beggars belief

Jacob Rees Mogg has clarified the advice on wearing a face mask.

If you are in a convivial and fraternal gathering(such as on the Conservative benches of the H of P) then a mask is unnecessary.

This is so wrong on many levels😁

33 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Jacob Rees Mogg has clarified the advice on wearing a face mask.

If you are in a convivial and fraternal gathering(such as on the Conservative benches of the H of P) then a mask is unnecessary.

This is so wrong on many levels😁

self entitled

Missus randomly mentioned it the other day actually, said the difference between the Labour and Tory benches

One for the useless mask brigade - Wales where masks are still mandatory in public settings has the highest rate of infections in the UK, when will the penny drop for some, even Neil Ferguson (who's not particularly trustworthy tbf) said they don't.

39 minutes ago, top4718 said:

One for the useless mask brigade - Wales where masks are still mandatory in public settings has the highest rate of infections in the UK, when will the penny drop for some, even Neil Ferguson (who's not particularly trustworthy tbf) said they don't.

Not true and misleading.

A signature of the Conspiracy Theorists selective use of data.

As of Thursday 21 October 2021 at 4:00pm  from GOV.UKCoronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK

Scotland (falling)       617,536    cases at 11,297.8 per 100,000 "where masks are still mandatory in public settings"

England(rising)       7,347,703                    12.993.3

Wales(mixed)              412,534                    13,0151.4 "where masks are "still mandatory in public settings"

Northern Ireland      263,448                    13,898.5 "where masks are "still mandatory in public settings"

Schoolchildren appear to be a major influence on the data.

Scottish data is in line with children having been in school  earlier (since mid August) and higher levels of vaccination.

This interpretation can be tested if the level of infection fall off more rapidly in Scotland than in England. 

5 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Not true and misleading.

A signature of the Conspiracy Theorists selective use of data.

As of Thursday 21 October 2021 at 4:00pm  from GOV.UKCoronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK

Scotland (falling)       617,536    cases at 11,297.8 per 100,000 "where masks are still mandatory in public settings"

England(rising)       7,347,703                    12.993.3

Wales(mixed)              412,534                    13,0151.4 "where masks are "still mandatory in public settings"

Northern Ireland      263,448                    13,898.5 "where masks are "still mandatory in public settings"

Schoolchildren appear to be a major influence on the data.

Scottish data is in line with children having been in school  earlier (since mid August) and higher levels of vaccination.

This interpretation can be tested if the level of infection fall off more rapidly in Scotland than in England. 

Public Health Wales and Mark Drakeford disagree.