Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Not in this country but I'm saying that in other countries it's been the norm. 

So Western countries are very much playing catch up now.

So yes it is a normal thing for a lot of people and has been for many years. 

There are lots of things that happen in other countries that we don’t adopt and vice versa.

the point is here it isn’t normal to walk around wearing face masks.

there’s no denying that surely.

Edited by makapaka

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

There are lots of things that happen in other countries that we don’t adopt and vice versa.

The people who drive around in cars on their own wearing one make me laugh. Taxi drivers I will let off given they have people constantly in and out the back.

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

The people who drive around in cars on their own wearing one make me laugh. Taxi drivers I will let off given they have people constantly in and out the back.

Same.

im not wholly against masks by the way - but i am against trying to normalise wearing them.

it’s weird and I’m glad there’s less of it in most circumstances.

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Well it is now and i think it will be for many years to come. 

We will adopt eastern culture by wearing masks for virus protection but I know that it's done more generally in China due to pollution. We might not do it for those reasons but I'm confident this will now be the norm

23 minutes ago, Delayed said:

We will adopt eastern culture by wearing masks for virus protection but I know that it's done more generally in China due to pollution. We might not do it for those reasons but I'm confident this will now be the norm

Not if what I've seen this week in Leeds, Manchester and Nottingham is anything to go by - except amongst the 'eastern' - to use your definition - contingent of the population.

49 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

They did me until I inadvertently became one of them!

We have to wear them pretty much all the time at work. I’m so used to wearing one now that at least once a week I’ll be halfway home in the car before I realise I’ve still got one on 🙄.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Same.

im not wholly against masks by the way - but i am against trying to normalise wearing them.

it’s weird and I’m glad there’s less of it in most circumstances.

What about wearing masks when you have symptoms of a respiratory virus - I think this is what some cultures do - isn't this a good general idea? (Obviously this is not what has been going on with covid.)

Edited by Carbuncle

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

What about wearing masks when you have symptoms of a respiratory virus - I think this is what some cultures do - isn't this a good general idea? (Obviously this is not what has been going on within covid.)

No I don’t think so. 

4 hours ago, Delayed said:

It will absolutely not become the norm except for gullible idiots who like to make Tory donors multi millionaires, they don't work.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It will absolutely not become the norm except for gullible idiots who like to make Tory donors multi millionaires, they don't work.

It's the norm for now in France which has zilch Tory donors.

Edited by Longcol

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They do.

Been to the toilet yet? How did it go?

13 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They do work