Coronavirus - Part Two.

17 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I doubt that you are in a position to speak with authority on what anyone,other than yourself thinks.

I think the Tory Party and all parties have little concern for any individual ,but I am sure that they heed the popularity polls.

So the herd immunity arguments were thankfully mitigated to some extent by the success of the vaccine programme.

If they heed the popularity polls they must be sh***** themselves and be thankful that the main opposition is so woeful.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

No he listens to a biased, one sided view from people who are totally untrustworthy, do you really think the Tory Party cares about your health?

Cheers for speaking for me but I think I can do it myself to.

RJRB was correct, I do Look at all sides and make my own mind up, Mainly scientists and health professionals and their views.

I've been on nigh on 15 years and my political views and distrust of the torys is there for all to see.

I also must've watched about 40 live streams from anti lockdowns etc, and nothingthey said made me think you know, that makes sense

45 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Cheers for speaking for me but I think I can do it myself to.

RJRB was correct, I do Look at all sides and make my own mind up, Mainly scientists and health professionals and their views.

I've been on nigh on 15 years and my political views and distrust of the torys is there for all to see.

I also must've watched about 40 live streams from anti lockdowns etc, and nothingthey said made me think you know, that makes sense

So you think lockdowns actually work?

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

If youve got a virus as dangerous as it sounded, Less so now due to the vaccine.

Then its obvious That less social interaction leads to a lesser chance of giving others it, look at other diseases etc keeping away from people with chicken pox can help others not catch it

22 minutes ago, melthebell said:

If youve got a virus as dangerous as it sounded, Less so now due to the vaccine.

Then its obvious That less social interaction leads to a lesser chance of giving others it, look at other diseases etc keeping away from people with chicken pox can help others not catch it

"As dangerous as it sounded" - so it wasn't actually that dangerous then?

We've had countries that have locked down others that haven't, restrictions enforced in some places more than others etc but all have had peaks and troughs with case numbers at pretty much the same levels over the duration of the "pandemic", what the likes of Sweden have though is much less damage to virtually every other aspect of their lives and other health issues. If lockdowns worked you'd only need one.

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

Yes providing they are long enough that's been the problem in the UK. The lockdown method was first used in America during Spanish Flu of 1918 it buys time to create treatments and control infection rates 

1 minute ago, GabrielC said:

Yes providing they are long enough that's been the problem in the UK. The lockdown method was first used in America during Spanish Flu of 1918 it buys time to create treatments and control infection rates 

So the backlog of missed health appointments, cancer screenings, mental health issues, kids with low immunity, destruction of businesses and livlihoods is all good? Sweden didn't lockdown and death rates have fallen dramatically and they don;t have the collateral damage to contend with.

We've had countries that have locked down others that haven't, restrictions enforced in some places more than others etc but all have had peaks and troughs with case numbers at pretty much the same levels over the duration of the "pandemic", what the likes of Sweden have though is much less damage to virtually every other aspect of their lives and other health issues. If lockdowns worked you'd only need one.

Zoe App - Kings College ,London . Today's new cases 45,300 ,deaths 158. Zoe as been recording around 45,000 infections a day estimated cases for  the UK is around 7 million.  Yes very much a public health threat. Deaths around a 1000 a week that's before we hit the winter.

So the backlog of missed health appointments, cancer screenings, mental health issues, kids with low immunity, destruction of businesses and livlihoods is all good? Sweden didn't lockdown and death rates have fallen dramatically and they don;t have the collateral damage to contend with.

No its not good from an economic point of view but can we afford to have hospital overwhelmed and the health system fail? I wouldn't say Sweden was quite the success it's made out to be wait for the winter. With regards to treating other health problems their was no one free to do them as Covid took hold.

Edited by GabrielC

Maybe sounded was the wrong word, I was at work and trying to reply Between customers, I meant compared to Now it was a lot more dangerous, since we now have vaccines.

As for your other points Every country has differing populations, sizes, way life, amounts of tourists etc. These all make a difference to how the virus spreads.

For us, I've not been shy in saying how crap this government have been (apart from the vaccine roll out and furlough scheme) which helped give us a higher rate of infections and deaths

You're confusing two different things. On the one hand there are legal requirements: Sweden did not have a lockdown in this sense. On the other hand there is public behaviour: the Swedish government did give it's population guidance and (I think) the population followed it fairly closely.

If the public had not modified it's behaviour radically in response to either law (UK) or guidance (Sweden) there would have been less not more healthcare capacity. You can look at where the peaks come ... they shortly follow lockdowns and appear at no other time before the vaccination programme was largely complete. The data is available through Our World in Data so no need to consult the MSM.

Edited by Carbuncle

We need to get the population who for whatever reason are not wearing masks now to start wearing them again yes I know Johnson said it should be left to the individual but Delta is more transmissible (300 virus load old version was 100 ) especially in indoor spaces and public transport. We are heading into winter their will be flu and colds going around plus Covid.

56 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

We need to get the population who for whatever reason are not wearing masks now to start wearing them again yes I know Johnson said it should be left to the individual but Delta is more transmissible (300 virus load old version was 100 ) especially in indoor spaces and public transport. We are heading into winter their will be flu and colds going around plus Covid.

Ive been wearing mine on public transport and indoor situations anyway, as i dont trust johnson and his restriction lifting, the virus hasnt gone anywhere