Coronavirus - Part Two.

25 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

"Office for National Statistics which showed Covid deaths among people who have been fully vaccinated are rare.

Out of more than 51,000 Covid deaths in England between January and July 2021, only 256 occurred after two doses - and these were mostly people at very high risk of illness from the virus."

For people with Conspiracy Theory syndrome, that is 5 people in 1000 were not protected by the vaccination.

For those who don't care, just think what your immunity could do for others.

If you all could be bothered to get a jab and not rely on the rest of us, the impact on the medical staff, childrens' education, peoples lively hoods etc would be significant.

Whoever gave me Covid last week -thanks a bunch! Now self-isolating.

Why not join me and self isolate?

The vaccination doesn't stop people catching covid or spreading it. Apparently it protects those who have it in the sense that if they then get covid, they are less likely to die or get seriously ill.

Putting pressure on those who have made the decision to wait, or not get vaccinated is pointless in terms of protecting the vaccinated.

You have no idea if the person you caught it off was unvaccinated.

11 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

Hi no its on a different floor to me. I haven't walked past it as my classes are in a different part of the building.

Hi Im not planning on going abroad yet. All my competitions are in the UK and we don't have holidays outside the UK 

Have a word with a member of staff, course tutor or form tutor. They will probably reassure you that it's fine to say no thank you.

Think of it as learning skills for life. Whilst out and about often I get asked by people wanting to sign me up for a charity,  or donate to a cause. Just by saying no in a polite way is all it takes.

Might be a good idea to get some home testing kits from your local chemist to make sure that you don't have the virus and are not spreading it about. You don't always know you have the virus!

Edited by Mister M

43 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

Thry are pressuring me. They should stop asking me. I've told them in not having it but I keep getting asked. I also get picked on by some students because I don't want it

I just want them to leave me alone is that too much to ask?

You are being bullied. Sadly, there are plenty on here who are so rabidly intent on pressuring people to get the vaccine that you may well get bullied on here too [just look at their treatment of Top4718, and indeed, anyone who questions the orthodox covid narrative i.e.  ganging up, ridicule and ad hominem attacks.]

As an autistic person I am VERY familiar with bullies and their tactics- my advice- if someone pressures you to get vaccinated, tell them, very simply and with authority, that you have decided to not have the vaccine. If they pressure you again, ignore them- don't waste your time engaging in pointless discussion, just walk by.

Edited by onewheeldave

18 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

You are being bullied. Sadly, there are plenty on here who are so rabidly intent on pressuring people to get the vaccine that you may well get bullied on here too [just look at their treatment of Top4718, and indeed, anyone who questions the orthodox covid narrative i.e.  ganging up, ridicule and ad hominem attacks.]

As an autistic person I am VERY familiar with bullies and their tactics- my advice- if someone pressures you to get vaccinated, tell them, very simply and with authority, that you have decided to not have the vaccine. If they pressure you again, ignore them- don't waste your time engaging in pointless discussion, just walk by.

asking people to get vaccinated IS NOT bullying, nor is placing a vaccination centre in the middle of an area with your chosen demograph and asking them to, again IS NOT bullying

19 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

That's not entirely accurate. Tops gets the response he/she gets because they post false information about the vaccine. 

Heres another sad side to the arguement and goverments later announcement about covid passports not being brought in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58488489

now the most clinically vulnerable in our society wont be going out at all, they wont be able to prove they are in a safe covid free environment. Most have been shielding for 18 months even when they are told they dont need to, the virus can be deadly to them.

Does it look like the conspiracy theorists world is unravelling around them?

Mr Johnson is set to repeal regulations in England that are no longer necessary, including

the powers to close down parts of the economy, such as businesses,

or the placing of restrictions on events and gatherings.

Also set to be repealed are regulations that enable the temporary closure or limiting of access to schools, colleges and childcare;

those that extend time limits for urgent warrants;

and powers to detain infectious people.

Seems a lot of those nasty acts this nasty government devised to keep us further under the cosh are to be done away with, so were they new draconian acts to wither away our freedoms forever?

However, certain measures from the Act will be kept - including the requirement to self-isolate on receiving a positive PCR test; giving sick pay to those isolating from day one rather than day seven; and the power to keep schools open if they close against government guidance.

from

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58529158

Guest sibon
57 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

The vaccination doesn't stop people catching covid or spreading it. Apparently it protects those who have it in the sense that if they then get covid, they are less likely to die or get seriously ill.

Putting pressure on those who have made the decision to wait, or not get vaccinated is pointless in terms of protecting the vaccinated.

You have no idea if the person you caught it off was unvaccinated.

Vaccination also reduces the time that an infected person is contagious. So it also protects others. Not as much as you’d hope, but vaccinated people are protecting the unvaccinated, and all of the more sensible members of society.

2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Hi it does feel like I'm being bullied and I'm autistic too . Ive been bullied before and this feels like that 

I have told them a lot of times that I don't want the Vax and I thought I had made it clear but now this station has come to college and now people are asking me again but it's the same people who asked me before so they know I'm not having it. I hope they don't ask me again tomorrow because if they do I'll ask my Dad to fetch me home. It's bad enough when other students have a go at me for not wanti g the jab but I really can't handle teachers doing it as well 

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

Have a word with a member of staff, course tutor or form tutor. They will probably reassure you that it's fine to say no thank you.

Think of it as learning skills for life. Whilst out and about often I get asked by people wanting to sign me up for a charity,  or donate to a cause. Just by saying no in a polite way is all it takes.

Might be a good idea to get some home testing kits from your local chemist to make sure that you don't have the virus and are not spreading it about. You don't always know you have the virus!

Hi thank you for your advice

3 hours ago, Delayed said:

That's not entirely accurate. Tops gets the response he/she gets because they post false information about the vaccine. 

And insults other users on a regular basis.

Edited by Longcol

3 hours ago, Delayed said:

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And insults other users on a regular basis.

If that is correct, it doesn't justify "ganging up, ridicule and ad hominem attacks".

52 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

Hi it does feel like I'm being bullied and I'm autistic too . Ive been bullied before and this feels like that 

I have told them a lot of times that I don't want the Vax and I thought I had made it clear but now this station has come to college and now people are asking me again but it's the same people who asked me before so they know I'm not having it. I hope they don't ask me again tomorrow because if they do I'll ask my Dad to fetch me home. It's bad enough when other students have a go at me for not wanti g the jab but I really can't handle teachers doing it as well 

Does your college have some kind of disability officer? The kind of bullying you are experiencing is more serious if you are autistic- I'd suggest looking into making this more official.

1 hour ago, Thug Life said:

No problems, and please do make sure you test yourself twice a week, the kits are free and can picked up from chemists.