Coronavirus - Part Two.

My sentence in full:

"You should of course help your elderly neighbours with the priority being that you do them no harm.  Show them how to keep safe."

Your edit has changed the emphasis rather:

"Snipped 

You should of course help your elderly neighbours

Snipped "

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

🤣

Great stuff 

Well I'm glad we've finally found some common ground 👍

You have edited the post to create common ground. You have edited my post to change the meaning.  The priority is still that you do them no harm.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

There should be far fewer visitors. There should be fewer outpatients milling about because many are now having phone appointments. It would not surprise me if some elective surgery had been cancelled just in case. All in all it should be quieter in terms of foot traffic than in more normal times. At least that is my expectation.

That’s spot on.

Our patients are allowed one visitor per day for two hours, either in one go or split into two visits.

It has to be the same visitor throughout the patients admission.

We make allowances in extreme circumstances, such as end of life etc.

Most of the outpatient clinics are pretty much back to normal, but you have to attend on your own.

What a truly amazing and informative thread this is.....

Unless medically exempt ,RDG asks for masks to be worn in the hospital.

Was that told to you when you booked your appointment 

Guest sibon
16 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I can’t speak for Rotherham, but STHs policy is you have to wear masks everywhere on hospital premises. I’m not going to lie tho I do see a few people (including staff) on the corridors etc without one.

On the wards it’s different, you HAVE to wear a mask even if you’re not patient facing. In fact up until a couple of months ago it was visors too.

As for the hospital appearing to be quiet, that means nothing.  Covid patients are either on the dedicated wards (that had closed but have now had to reopen) or being barrier nursed in side rooms.  They’re hardly going to be on trolleys outside Boots.
During the peaks there weren’t many wards at all in the NGH that didn’t have Covid on them to some extent. It’s nowhere near that bad at the moment but the cases are definitely rising.

That matches with my experience of the NGH a few weeks ago. I was there to get my leg stitched back together. Everyone in the A and E department was masked, patients and staff. That was true on both my visits.

The nurse practitioners and the med student who stitched me up were also masked.

Maybe Rotherham General has lower standards than The NGH.

1 minute ago, nikki-red said:

That’s spot on.

Our patients are allowed one visitor per day for two hours, either in one go or split into two visits.

It has to be the same visitor throughout the patients admission.

We make allowances in extreme circumstances, such as end of life etc.

Most of the outpatient clinics are pretty much back to normal, but you have to attend on your own.

Thats what I thought . Thats why I questioned about him wandering about the hospital.

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thanks for explaining. Can I ask why in the departments I had a nosey at there would be such a mix of masked and maskless medical staff.? 

It was litteraly a case of some staff would be all masked up doing the same thing as a non masked worker. 

Example. Two nurses at the same desk a matter of inches apart and one was masked and the other wasn't. 

Same for the cleaners I saw on another floor. 

I honestly can’t answer that.

If that is genuinely what you experienced I’m really surprised. I know we’d never get away with that in the areas I attend at the NGH.

We have people from Infection Control doing audits on a regular basis, you can fail just for a staff member having their mask under their nose.

Edited by nikki-red

Guest makapaka
8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I may have missed it  but what are you doing wandering round a hospital , nosing into different departments ?

Ha ha! Kinda got lost in the discussion that didn’t it.

”so I was walking round a hospital today without a mask noseying in departments”

SOUND 😂

3 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

If that is genuinely what you experienced I’m really surprised. I know we’d never get away with that in the areas I attend at the NGH.

Come on Nikki, make something up..

Everyone else does.

8 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

We have people from Infection Control doing audits on a regular basis, you can fail just for a staff member having their mask under their nose.

I don't think I've seen anyone without a mask at NGH, staff or visitors, on the wards or on the corridors between.

Oh, except for one lady who was signing for someone else, and she was wearing a visor: I remember noticing because it was so unusual to see someone without a mask.

I think we're back to wearing visors in certain circumstances as well, though that does seem more patchy.

1 minute ago, Becky B said:

I don't think I've seen anyone without a mask at NGH, staff or visitors, on the wards or on the corridors between.

Oh, except for one lady who was signing for someone else, and she was wearing a visor: I remember noticing because it was so unusual to see someone without a mask.

I think we're back to wearing visors in certain circumstances as well, though that does seem more patchy.

Our staff have to wear visors for patients that are splash risks, or for aerosol generating procedures. Patients on CPAP etc.

25 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I appreciate your reply but yes this is definitely what I saw. I've been a few times too so it wasn't just a one off. 

Pre Covid my son was in RGH and almost died through neglect. This neglect was then covered up. 

Prior to this he was in the Northern. 

His treatment there was vastly superior and no one tried to kill him. 

I know this has nothing to do with the topic at hand but I felt I needed to say it. 

40 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I may have missed it  but what are you doing wandering round a hospital , nosing into different departments ?

I have a bandage fetish