Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

My previous argument being...... 

Yeah, I get that. So by that logic some knew it was safe in reception, along the corridors, in triage, A&E, pretty much everywhere I wondered had a mix of masked and maskless 

So what's your point? 

Is that the argument you mean? 

Nope. You drew attention to how quiet it was.

8 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Nope. You drew attention to how quiet it was.

I drew attention to how quiet it was AND how many medical professionals were muzzle free. 

Don't forget that bit too. 

You know the bit about the medical professionals being muzzle free 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I drew attention to how quiet it was AND how many medical professionals were muzzle free. 

Don't forget that bit too. 

You know the bit about the medical professionals being muzzle free 

I am not interested in that bit because I do not know whether it is true.

3 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I am not interested in that bit because I do not know whether it is true.

Fair enough. 

I could be lying I suppose. I could be lying about my son too did you think of that? 

After all it was on a visit to hospital with my boy where I initially decided to go for a wonder. 

Tell me, what part of my post DO you believe? 

Genuine question. 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Fair enough. 

I could be lying I suppose. I could be lying about my son too did you think of that? 

After all it was on a visit to hospital with my boy where I initially decided to go for a wonder. 

Tell me, what part of my post DO you believe? 

Genuine question. 

You are an anonymous poster therefore I do not automatically regard you as a reliable source of evidence. It is not as though you automatically accept any and all sources of evidence. If you make an argument (such as 'hospitals should not be quiet in a pandemic') then I can engage with that. If you cite a reliable source of evidence then I can engage with that.

Edited by Carbuncle

Just now, Carbuncle said:

You are an anonymous poster therefore I do not automatically regard you as a reliable source of evidence. It is not as though you automatically accept any and all sources of evidence. If you make an argument (such as 'hospitals should not be quiet in a pandemic') then I can engage with that. If you cite a reliable source of evidence then I can engage with that.

My bold. 

Yeah, I can respect that position. 

How do you feel about anonymous posters who post things you like or  agree with? 

@The_DADDY,in case you forgot the point I was making:

1 hour ago, Carbuncle said:
6 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Simply put its like a ghost town. 

No busy wards, no doctors and nurses rushed off their feet, no trollies lined up in the corridors. Certainly not what you'd expect during a global pandemic. 

This is fairly typical for a covid sceptic argument. To make a decent argument that the 'orthodox view' of the pandemic is in fact wrong, you have to begin by having at least a rudimentary understanding of that 'orthodox view'. When you don't have a rudimentary understanding you end up pointing at things like a quiet hospital and insisting that they are inconsistent with the 'orthodox view' when in fact they are exactly what you should expect.

I can’t speak for Rotherham, but STHs policy is you have to wear masks everywhere on hospital premises. I’m not going to lie tho I do see a few people (including staff) on the corridors etc without one.

On the wards it’s different, you HAVE to wear a mask even if you’re not patient facing. In fact up until a couple of months ago it was visors too.

As for the hospital appearing to be quiet, that means nothing.  Covid patients are either on the dedicated wards (that had closed but have now had to reopen) or being barrier nursed in side rooms.  They’re hardly going to be on trolleys outside Boots.
During the peaks there weren’t many wards at all in the NGH that didn’t have Covid on them to some extent. It’s nowhere near that bad at the moment but the cases are definitely rising.

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

@The_DADDY,in case you forgot the point I was making:

No I hadn't forgot but thanks for the reminder. 

So tell me, how do you feel about anonymous posters who post things you like or  agree with? 

12 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

As for the hospital appearing to be quiet, that means nothing.  Covid patients are either on the dedicated wards (that had closed but have now had to reopen) or being barrier nursed in side rooms.  They’re hardly going to be on trolleys outside Boots.
During the peaks there weren’t many wards at all in the NGH that didn’t have Covid on them to some extent. It’s nowhere near that bad at the moment but the cases are definitely rising.

My expectation as an outsider is that hospitals should appear quiet at the moment as opposed to the view the sceptics take that if the 'orthodox view' were accurate then they should be busy.

There should be far fewer visitors. There should be fewer outpatients milling about because many are now having phone appointments. It would not surprise me if some elective surgery had been cancelled just in case. I would expect more home working than in normal times. All in all it should be quieter in terms of foot traffic than in more normal times. At least that is my expectation.

Edited by Carbuncle

7 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I can’t speak for Rotherham, but STHs policy is you have to wear masks everywhere on hospital premises. I’m not going to lie tho I do see a few people (including staff) on the corridors etc without one.

On the wards it’s different, you HAVE to wear a mask even if you’re not patient facing. In fact up until a couple of months ago it was visors too.

Thanks for explaining. Can I ask why in the departments I had a nosey at there would be such a mix of masked and maskless medical staff.? 

It was litteraly a case of some staff would be all masked up doing the same thing as a non masked worker. 

Example. Two nurses at the same desk a matter of inches apart and one was masked and the other wasn't. 

Same for the cleaners I saw on another floor. 

I may have missed it  but what are you doing wandering round a hospital , nosing into different departments ?