Coronavirus - Part Two.

7 hours ago, Hecate said:

I asked Top4718 to expand on a point he'd made which wasn't clear, but he seems to have refused and ignored a subsequent request.  Perhaps I'll have better luck with you.

Please explain what's eye opening about a trip to Rotherham General.  My partner has spent the last few weeks up north, visiting Lancaster Royal Infirmary.  The trips coincided with the reintroduction of visiting restrictions:

There are circumstances under which lone visits are permitted, which were met in this case. 

Were your (?) trips to Rotherham General made under similar circumstances?  You have my sympathies if so. Can you tell me what, in the context of this discussion, you found eye opening?

Simply put its like a ghost town. 

No busy wards, no doctors and nurses rushed off their feet, no trollies lined up in the corridors. Certainly not what you'd expect during a global pandemic. 

Oh and I walked right through without a mask on and not a single person challenged me which is not really a surprise when you consider a very large proportion of staff were unmasked too. 

Like I say. 

It's an eye opener. 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

No busy wards, no doctors and nurses rushed off their feet, no trollies lined up in the corridors. Certainly not what you'd expect during a global pandemic. 

Oh and I walked right through without a mask on and not a single person challenged me which is not really a surprise when you consider a very large proportion of staff were unmasked too. 

Like I say. 

It's an eye opener. 

Did you want to be challenged, did you really want to waste peoples time with your arguments, which they have all heard before?

Would you calling the medical staff  "...creatures..." help?  

Did you consider that you presence in a hospital was a risk to vulnerable patients and to the "...frail and elderly neighbours...",  their "...family or friends..." and "... "some local homeless.. "?

I would be absolutely furious if someone turned up at an elderly or vulnerable friend/relative/neighbour of mines house without having taken the necessary precautions to ensure their safety. Particularly if they had been wandering around hospital corridors and wards. 

I don't think even you, who have already admitted several times that Covid kills elderly, frail and already sick people, would deliberately endanger peoples the  live lives of  your "...frail and elderly neighbours..." and the  the sick, frail and elderly patients you find in hospitals.

Just now, Annie Bynnol said:

Did you want to be challenged, 

Snipped 

I wanted to see for myself. 

And I did.. 

7 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Snipped 

I would be absolutely furious if someone turned up at an elderly or vulnerable friend/relative/neighbour of mines house without having taken the necessary precautions to ensure their safety. 

Snipped 

That's because you have been seduced by the cult of covid. 

My elderly neighbours are grateful for all my help and are always happy to see me. 

Should I stop helping them just because it clearly offends you so? 

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Like I say. 

It's an eye opener. 

You claim to have visited the hospital, had a wander around, unchallenged, sufficient to conclude that there were 'no busy wards' and a 'very large proportion' of staff didn't wear masks.  Was that the only purpose of your visit?  When did you visit?

Could you also please answer the questions I asked in the second part of my post, #7904?  That's the section of my post you snipped from your reply.

I wish people would stop writing Snipped on threads, it makes my eyes water, :gag::hihi:

6 minutes ago, Hecate said:

You claim to have visited the hospital, had a wander around, unchallenged, sufficient to conclude that there were 'no busy wards' and a 'very large proportion' of staff didn't wear masks.  Was that the only purpose of your visit?  When did you visit?

Snipped... 

No. My visit was with my son who had an appointment. I couldn't help but notice how quiet it was so I went for a wonder. 

Plenty of Doctors, nurses, cleaners, porters, reception staff were unmasked. 

None of them appeared to be busy and there was absolutely no sense that we were in a global pandemic 

So I went back at a later date. 

I've been for a nosey around half a dozen times since the start of the pantomime. 

You should go have a look for yourself. 

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I wish people would stop writing Snipped on threads, it makes my eyes water, :gag::hihi:

My apologies. 

I only type it so no one can say I edited their post when quoting it. 

Typing snipped shows I've removed something and so anyone can go back and look at the post I quoted if they want to read everything. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No. My visit was with my son who had an appointment. I couldn't help but notice how quiet it was so I went for a wonder. 

None of them appeared to be busy and there was absolutely no sense that we were in a global pandemic 

I've been for a nosey around half a dozen times since the start of the pantomime. 

My apologies. 

Typing snipped shows I've removed something and so anyone can go back and look at the post I quoted if they want to read everything. 

Just joking Daddy, but it could bring back some painful memories for some fella's,  :hihi:

The Covid deniers call people out for reading/believing the "MSN".   Yet they listen to a man who thinks the Queens a lizard and women with no medical qualifications who used to look through peoples poo.  I've seen some on Twitter quoting Right Said Fred.

4 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Just joking Daddy, but it could bring back some painful memories for some fella's,  :hihi:

😂😂

Oh Christ... How dense am I 🙄😂🤣

Cheers for the giggle. I needed that 👍

2 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

The Covid deniers call people out for reading/believing the "MSN".   Yet they listen to a man who thinks the Queens a lizard and women with no medical qualifications who used to look through peoples poo.  I've seen some on Twitter quoting Right Said Fred.

Only the stupid ones listen to him. 

Lizzard Queen?  Give me strength 🙄🤣😂

Edited by The_DADDY

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My apologies. 

Aren't you the person who said they hated the NHS and would never use it unless they were desparate?

Do you think that you can tell, from a snapshot wander around, whether someone is "busy" or not?  Because you know so much about what each and every one of their job entails that you can tell at a glance if they're busy or not?