Coronavirus - Part Two.

Just now, sibon said:

That’s just a lack of numeracy on your part.

Nothing else.

Its a lack of seeing the real world on yours #planetguardian

Guest sibon
Just now, top4718 said:

Its a lack of seeing the real world on yours #planetguardian

Quality answer.

Just now, top4718 said:

Its unbelievable, I'm actually staggered how many people have took it hook, line and sinker, if they didn't read the BS in the papers they wouldn't even know it existed.

Exactly. Normally intelligent people have fallen for something so blatantly false it's unreal. Kids education damaged, kids mental health damaged, more suicides, more cancer deaths, more heart disease deaths, lively hoods ruined, people criminalised, the list goes on and on 

All hail the cult of covid. 

RIP Common Sense. 

More counter factual nonsense again.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Snipped...

But please stop making stuff up that puts others off. If you want to put yourself and your kids at risk, that’s your call. Everything else you do is pretty horrid.

A few things. 

1. I'm not putting anyone off. If you want the jab and to wear a mask then you go for it. 

2. Cheap shot mentioning my kids but that's what I've come to expect from the pro mask/jab crew 

3. Everything else I do is horrid? 

Give me an example. 

Do you mean how I've looked after my frail and elderly neighbours who have struggled through this pantomime from day 1. Done their shopping, given them food when they are short, done odd jobs at my own financial cost despite my own health issues, bad hands and wrists, taken them out to visit family or friends again at my cost, cut their lawns, trimmed their hedges etc etc. 

Or what about some local homeless who I frequently cook food for and take to, got them blankets, clothes, food, drinks the list goes on

You mean stuff like that right? 

Or do you mean my opinion is horrid? 

Which is it..? 

Edited by The_DADDY

1 hour ago, butlers said:

COVID Non-Compliers Are Less Open to New Ideas, More Extroverted and Driven by Self Interest - Neuroscience News

https://flip.it/np5ZL-

My bold 

AKA the common sensers 😁

Tops.

"I'm not bothering with links as I could post one signed by God and you'd ignore it or one from a minor newspaper or channel and you'll pull it to pieces (well, you won't but others do) if you do a quick web search many US news outlets are reporting on it (CNBC, The Mercury News, NPR and the New York Times are all running the story), have a trawl through."

NBC News, NY Times, Washington Post Roundly Called Out for Horribly Irresponsible Framing of Covid Cases in Fully Vaccinated People

https://flip.it/c5EHqK

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

... Go for a trip to Rotherham General and see for yourself. 

It's eye opening. ...

I asked Top4718 to expand on a point he'd made which wasn't clear, but he seems to have refused and ignored a subsequent request.  Perhaps I'll have better luck with you.

Please explain what's eye opening about a trip to Rotherham General.  My partner has spent the last few weeks up north, visiting Lancaster Royal Infirmary.  The trips coincided with the reintroduction of visiting restrictions:

As of Tuesday 13 July 2021, visiting at all sites run by University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT) has been suspended until further notice.

The decision has been taken in agreement with other local hospitals as cases of COVID-19 are rising in hospitals and in the community.

There are circumstances under which lone visits are permitted, which were met in this case. 

Were your (?) trips to Rotherham General made under similar circumstances?  You have my sympathies if so. Can you tell me what, in the context of this discussion, you found eye opening?

I'm also interested in your views about the mainstream media (MSM):

Can you tell me which sources you consider to be the MSM and which ones you don't include in that definition?  For example, I've read that The Guardian and the BBC are part of the MSM for British viewers, while in the US  an example is MSNBC.  Many regard those three examples as reputable, trusted sources.  Is it correct that you don't?  If that's so, please tell me what you regard as reputable, trusted sources.  I'm interested in print and TV examples that you'd consider valid, genuine, reliable alternatives to the MSM.

The MSM provides a lot of information.  Are you sceptical about all its output?  Or is that scepticism limited to health and science matters?  If it's just limited to health and science coverage, are you sceptical of all the MSM health and science coverage, or just their coverage of subjects related to the pandemic?

Again, I'm not interested in your views on Guardian readers and so on,  I'm interested in your argument.

Edited by Guest

Nice to see friends being made on SF.

The Conspiracy Theorists seem happy to share their anecdotes, perhaps they might consider becoming pen pals and leave the rest of us alone and free from being an unwilling audience to falsehood and dangerous lies.

Florida hasn't had any restrictions for nearly a year, life there is relatively normal, positive tests don't mean people are seriously ill, its like claiming numbers of people with the common cold are a problem

14 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Nice to see friends being made on SF.

The Conspiracy Theorists seem happy to share their anecdotes, perhaps they might consider becoming pen pals and leave the rest of us alone and free from being an unwilling audience to falsehood and dangerous lies.

👏  Well stated.